Review: Nvidia Titan X (Pascal)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 4, 2016.

1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I've just bad luck with AIO,as first my H100i V2 failed,not sure if its pump or simple air lock,they returned me from RMA and I sold it as I don't want to have in my PC

Then my EVGA Hybrid AIO decided too fail,pump started to leak and right now I'm running stock cooler and still I'm not very happy as temps are bit higher,planning get some better air cooler and then I will see there

Thanks,Jura

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I guess I too was lucky so far (and I HOPE I can stay that way) with AIOs, Corsair H50, H100 and now H115i all were great, the H100 in particular ran for almost 5 years on a 4.8GHz 3770K then the 5820K. I still have it as a backup.

These horror experiences you guys had, make me feel a bit scared now as well. :(

I always thought AIOs would be a bit more "protected" from such major damage, as leaking, or pump exploding, since they are way smaller and less powerful than real WC. Guess I was wrong.

@circus2050

I'm glad for you man, even though it's just a partial damage coverage, it's frankly more than I expected them to give you, even if you are in the right for more.

3. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    Thanks.
    Well, from my perspective, when you decide to use water cooling you are accepting the risk of failure as well.
    Honestly I did not expected any damage compensation from ekwb.
    I do not know if this is how things works with the water cooling vendors since I did not bothered myself to read anything except the installation guide.
    Maybe these vendors have some insurance for situations like this, I do not know.
    This cooling solution has a great performance but it is a pain in the behind.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Just ordered 2 of these, with some 17w/mk thermal pads along with 2 custom water blocks. Will be going straight to water:)

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hey Vet *waves* Only popping up to buy one or two Titans from time to time, are you? :D

But really curious about your results, will you test under air too (for comparison) or straight to h2o?

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Hi Dude,
    Straight to water mate no air BS here dude LoL:)
    Tbh im only buying them because im bored and want to add something to my rig. Not gamed in months not been on steam for months.

7. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    I have finally received my damage compensation from EKWB, it took them some time to process this case.

Maybe I will try their products again in the future.

bye bye compensation money :grin2: ordered a 34 "ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q.
    I will pick this up today :banana:
    I hope one Titan XP will be enough for it until the new Titan series will show up because I really do not want SLI anymore.
    I am also hoping for no issues with the monitor itself.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  8. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    :thumbup: It might not been the happiest ending possible but I would assume it's happy enough! Also Happy G-Sync gaming. :p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  9. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    thx, I am already gaming on g-sync for more than one year. I have a swift PG278Q.
    It is the 2nd one because the first one crapped itself after 5 months.
    The 2nd is great.
    I am hopping I will not have to go through an RMA with the PG348Q as well.
    I did ponder on 144Hz vs 100Hz but my eyes are happy with everything that is 70+ with gsync so I will be ok with 100 fps.

I know some new monitors will be released next year but they will probably have plenty of issues at first.
    The PG348Q has been out for a while and probably has seen some revisions.

10. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    Not to bad I suppose for a single card, although if you look people who own say an 290x crossfire setup or 390x crossfire and above they around the same power but shame they don't have access to it in all games.

so the grunt this card has is ok for an single card but nothing new to people who's played games where crossfire or sli works like it should.

such a shame that crossfire and sli is limited to a few games .. where cards like the titan x will always shine.

for the money might as well wait for the next titan x as it will be better :p ... get my drift.

not need by me .. I now realise I'm happy at the £160 - £200 second hand/user card side of the market.

the titan x is for the type of person where money will never be an issue, and if that's the case, then just buy it it's the best card this year.

11. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    Titan XP rules, it's crapping on any game I have tested so far, getting 100fps on 3440x1440 is awesome for one gpu.
    No problems with the PG348Q so far. :banana:

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I bet it does. Besides, multi-gpu is in a very crappy position right now (for both nvidia and amd). So the best single card (you can buy) will be the best solution. Absolutely.

13. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    yeah 100% right their ... although it will not long before better will be cheaper ..for the money nah...

it's the fastest card atm and that's all it will ever be at best.

and for the money hmm if money don't matter and I mean really dont matter then wtf not :)

14. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    If you want to talk about the titan price your in the wrong area :roll:
    There are already plenty of Titan XP owner on this thread.
    This is my 2nd Titan since the first got wet :cussing: :D

I personally do not care if it's the best for another month or 1 year, I just want my 70+ fps with gsync and now that I can see that is trashing every game on 3440x1440 I can say that it is worth every dollar.
    I guess that is why nvidia called it the Ultimate :banana:

15. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one

oh don't get me wrong if I was given the card for free :D then great, I just wouldn't pay that kind of money for it, don't impress me, its just another gfx card to me.

put it this way if I had a choice, put in front of me, of titan or 1200 cash i'd take the cash every time. like I say it's just a gfx that will soon be surpassed.

but that's just me.

enjoy your new card, at the very least it can play 4K games of today.

16. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    :D yeah sure just another card lmao
    I had to use nv inspector to limit my frames at 100 because it is getting 200 in bf1 and over 100 in other games and gsync does not like it when the fps is higher than the refresh rate. No more screen tearing :banana:
    Just another gfx :D

17. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    this may impress you but not me sozz, i'd still take the 1200 over the card everyday.

this card is clearly marketed for people like yourself, want the best of whats about, but people like me it's never going to impress, because it's just another gfx that will soon be surpassed.

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I'd take the money too, then, build another PC with it. :nerd:

19. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    This isn't the Government Wel-fare website, it's Guru3D.

I would take the Titan XP without a thought and enjoy the hell out of it! :thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  20. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    and I would still take the 1200 lol your point being ?

because it kind of implies that only the poor understand the true value of cash ..

and I guess your have an credit card and or things on credit, thinking or have a mortgage ? so you have things that you don't have the cash to pay for or even somethings you really don't need to get by in life and on credit ?

I bet loads of people live on credit so how you can slate w*****e of the poor sum's you up ...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016