I KNEW $vidia would SCREW US!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Dburgo, Oct 11, 2016.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh we do understand PCIe lanes. You don't since you chose your own CPU and mainboard... your whole statement is actually buyer's remorse, and I'm not bashing you, I know it too. :D

I too couldn't get an M2 SSD for myself because I didn't want to go x16/x8/x8 config (my mainbaord's weakness, but eventually I chose it because of the monoblock availability at that time).

But you've got other chances dude, next upgrade can come earlier for you then if you need to have x16/x16 ;)

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I KNEW this thread would SCREW ME! I fell for it, I opened it, read through it and now I've lost 3 minutes of my lifetime. 4 if you count this reply. Totally screwing me. :nerd:

On a serious note though, great 4k performance is nearly unattainable at this point. The graphics hardware hasn't quite caught up yet. Besides, the 4K monitor choices are pretty slim.

I thought I was going to convert over to fully 4K too. Turns out it simply isn't ready. Maybe in another year, possibly 2. Meanwhile, I've been quite happy with 1080p @144FPS.

For gaming resolution, I'd say 1440p is still the "sweet" spot.

4. GPU

GPU Guest

if a 1080 as a mid range card[small chip] could max all games at 4K . why would anyone buy a high range card like a titan or the up and coming 1080TI[big chips] ????

5. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    Star Citizen is optimized already for PC's which will be a engine for it to process without having to brute force its way in. Also I think almost everyone here knows the common sense of how gaming right now is, especially with the nvidia line and amd line, how do you expect something from companies that are trying to get your money not bend the truth alil, It's like buying a car for sticker price because the salesman was that damn good.:nerd:

6. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

I cannot believe that most of the people here just dont feel deflated by the state of affairs with PC gaming anymore. The 8 year decline of PC sales (for what its worth) proves not only my feelings, but many others for any number of reasons. I see the culmination here that yes, you need more computational progress to recreate a virtual reality. And then ART style defines things even more-so. I have been a computer gamer since wolfenstien 3D on a 486. Even before that, with my commodore vic 20 which was a company my father worked for (tape drives anyone?) I don't have buyers remorse I knew what I was buying into, but if you guys want to stand here and say that these new slew of games are even being tuned up properly for sale, its not. The hardware in place for games is more than substantial for semi-decent release quality. The shoddyness of every aspect from hardware manufacuring promises to increase their sales to the same marketing of delivery by the software guys, is not at ALL on the same level. Thank GOD you can return half of everything becuase HALF the time things arent processing properly until further time after thier release. I feel like I AM a beta tester paying to be one! The games are not that startingly fresh and vigorating (mostly) to TAKE THAT! Let console people pay extravagant prices for fully finished products and maybe software side, bring prices down since we are beta testing everything (at release). As far as the hardware goes, I STAND FIRM that Intel is choking thier processors. A $500 processor should be more than adequate to fulfil the requirements of the latest state of the art componants that hook up to it (beside serverside requirements). My computer is a "workstation". And it is GIMPED by pricing by INTELs rediculous alternative to Moore's Law. Plain and simple. To have to pay $800 for being able to hook up all the "standard" fancy shmancy new gear that has been released at LEAST a year before, is not in tune with technology standards that have been the norm for quite some time. We just keep getting gimped more and more every year, and people are going to stop paying less and less and buy even less with these geniuses greedy business mentality. As far as me posting in this particular forum it is greatly because $Vidia should be ashamed for thier marketing lies and they are continuously finding new ways to keep thier marketshare. The 3.5GB product released that was selling as 4GB comes to mind and now, pledging thier hardware as 4k ready for the next GEN is BS. I see it as 4k for the last generation ONLY! Until more newly released state of the art software defines it.

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Why do you say all this to us - mere users/gamers? What do you want to here in return? I suspect we all want to game properly. Do you want to move us into resistance to HW/SW companies?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  8. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Step 1: Go to search bar.

Step 2: Type 'What is required to game at 4k?'

Step 3: Read some of the results. Hell, click 'I'm feeling lucky'.

Step 4:

[​IMG]

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    A lot of games should be playable @ 4k.. just not the demanding ones.

10. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

From around the web
    Playing games in 4K is nothing short of stunning. Everything is crisp, tack-sharp, and impossibly clear. Colors are vivid and lush, blacks are as deep as the night sky. Your monitor becomes a window into the game.

Those details are not without their cost, however. If you’re looking to get into 4K PC gaming, you’re in for a bit of a journey. Getting your system up to spec for 4K isn’t as straightforward as it is for 1080p, or even 1440p.

Related: Got a new 4K TV? Here’s where to go to start watching the best 4K content right now

Gearing up for a trek into the unknown

What do you need to run games in 4K? You will need a monster raised from the deep, a dragon with gleaming eyes and glittering scales, a PC with two GPUs and enough VRAM to render a the inner workings of a black hole in real time.

Okay, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but running games in 4K isn’t something you can tackle idly. It takes a serious investment of time and money. Mostly money. It’s less expensive than it used to be but it’s still not exactly something you can tackle on a budget – not without cutting corners, anyway.

Any time you put together a PC each component will act as a bottleneck on all the others, but this is never more true than when you’re dealing with 4K. Every component needs to be running at peak performance, and to achieve that you need to carefully consider each piece of hardware right down to the cables.

With that in mind, let’s get started.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...ff-at-4k-resolution-on-your-pc/#ixzz4MzsY4Ghq
    Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

And this is Nvidia's marketing.
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-980-ti

I'll clip it for you.
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Ti. The most powerful two letters in the world of GPUs. When paired with our flagship gaming GPU – GeForce GTX 980 – it enables new levels of performance and capabilities. Accelerated by the groundbreaking NVIDIA Maxwell™ architecture, GTX 980 Ti delivers an unbeatable 4K and virtual reality experience.
    http://*******/gaming/gtx-1080-review-amazing-new-nvidia-geforce-4k-gpu-for-gaming/
    It seems that it’s finally here, a truly 4K-capable 4K gaming GPU that also doesn’t cost an outright fortune. The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 has finally arrived and it really blows away not only the competition but also its own cousins from the same company in terms of raw performance and sheer gaming power at high frame rates in both 4K resolution and Full HD, and we are impressed for sure.

What is REALLY significant about this, is the date. by Stephen on May 28, 2016
    So in 4 months, NO MORE 4K? This is unusually very very bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2016

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Your problem is with the software developers not Nvidia. But you seem to pissed and dense to grasp that.

12. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

No, as usual, your posts to me are with great disregard to me or my understanding. And then you degrade me personally (by calling me pissed/dense) whereas I succinctly explained about the garbage state they were releasing games at as well. If you bothered to read about how I feel like a beta tester with these latest releases, you could comprehend that. What you dont seem to understand is the whole state of affairs is pretty darn messy from the masters of information technology, and I feel this is a new low. Maybe you find it some kind of hard pill to swallow, maybe you just dont like me, I could care less. If there was a way to ignore your posts in my threads, I would. You bring absolutely no mentality except disregard to me.

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm not the one in here whining excessively over something that had he actually researched anything beforehand would have known that 4K-at 60FPS was a fantasy on a single GP104.

OP you are in the middle of buyers remorse. Best just sell your rig and buy a console.

14. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Dont even get me started on this whole $vidia Boost 3.0 Bs. They Gimped things too. If you dont like what I have to say, maybe you should just ignore my posts? If my rationalizations of analysis bother you so much, dont read them. I bought this stuff and communicate it good and bad. Always have. If you dont believe in my opinion, thats your human right, but dont impose on my freedom of opinion. I am in no way hurting you personally. But now I will say it. I think you are a rude pigheaded ignorant twit who needs a college degree level class in business comprehension and maybe it can help with verbalizing your emotions.

Just to reiterate I am not the only one who feels this way, read this. And NOONE knew about how 3.0 was working or working with it that explained it well, as everyone who bought it ( I did LAST MONTH) is complaining about it. Me and several others in here worked together to find "sweet spots". As far as your blatant ignorant posts about researching enough, they hype machine about 4k was EVERYWHERE as well as in the benchmarks at the time. NOT EVEN a MONTH AGO.
    Read NOW a 7 day old progress report about the cards and PLEASE make sure to read all the posts using the word GIMP (you can do that by ctrl+F) with regard to the 6 best 1080s.
    https://www.slant.co/topics/6155/~gtx-1080-card

15. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Or maybe, just maybe, 4K is still only used by the top 1% of gamers at best and is pushing the absolute limits of GPU performance?

Before 4K, there was WQXGA. Before WQXGA, there was WUXGA. Before WUXGA, there was UXGA. And the list goes on. And it was a long time before each one could be used to play games at a reasonable frame rate when they were introduced. Did you know there was a time that two GPUs were required to play the almighty XGA resolution?

Meh. Play at QHD and tack on some AA if you want some higher frame rates.

16. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

I can agree, Of course 4k is pushing limits. But then, the marketing behind it is saying it is HERE NOW and FOR REAL. I say, it WAS Until these new games have been released, not even a few months later. Why so much controversy? They marketed a bad image for Johnny new gamer who buys into it. That does not help or bode well for the PC gaming community. I liked it better before savvy business idiots have ruined everything that technology inspired and delivered. TO SPEC. The juxtiposition of it all it seems is that the software guys are keeping it to the point of figuring out what they can do with effects at the level of most gamers, 1080p. I DID buy into what NVIDIA claimed and they fell short. When I went from onboard gfx the first time to a voodoo banshee, that card delivered and gave value for what it promised for quite some time! And every upgrade has been in tune with what the card companies promoted since then. Especially at the high end gfx card value. Of course, in time you would upgrade as necessary here and there to increase computing delivery, but I bought a product for 4k gaming that should have lasted more than 2 months!! The MATH on that alone is the TRUTH and anyone who has been in this hobby for awhile knows this degregation to promotion is REDICULOUS! $Vidia is losing ground and reaching into wallets in a way that has been ALWAYS contested in the PC hardware world but it seems the buzz of it all has many unaware. Maybe its just we should take a gamble on everything these days. Soon the day will come when there wont be spare tires, and people can sell Sporks as knives but seriously, there should be a way to smash the idiots when this happens just to regulate things as they have been before and should always remain as legacy.

17. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    What the ****.

18. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Yes! WTF Indeed! How's it feel to know, you were once gaming in the location where all new things were inspired, and you bought into it! Now consoles are doing 4k EVERY GAME!! (mostly at 30fps teehee) But STILL! EVERY GAME. We aren't getting the results here in PC land as much as $Vidia would like you to believe, if these new set of DX12 games are a sign of things to come.
    (Except Forza Horizon 3) :D

AMD needs to push the envelope CPU and GPU-wise because this is what happens when they dont. Thats why Cars are so evolved now. Every manufacturer wants you to see how impressive their vehicle is to fit your needs. They may govern the top speed as most people dont need to go 175mph (they gimped my 370z to a max top speed of 156mph (but I can Overclock it!) meanwhile, here in PC land, they are gimping PCIe lanes and throttling?!?! While promoting revolutionary processing?!? Makes no sense at all and its not cool.

19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I personally think many games are being rushed without optimization. Some companies, like Rockstar, seem to wait until the game is finished before being released. Others release countless patches (if we get lucky) to fix stability after release.

20. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

I agree and also feel it is a significant contributor to the state of PC gaming. We get so many shoddy port overs now its ridiculous.

Here's a link to Gear I bought for my birthday August 29th that will be for sale.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5345604#post5345604