Gears of War 4: Unreal Engine 4 unleashed!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Jul 23, 2016.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    The remaster is nowhere near the same quality of port just so you know.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Is it windows store only? Can't find it on steam

edit: just checked, it's 70euros. not gonna happen, i'm telling you that.

3. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Thanks, I knew it wasn't going to be as good but after checking out a few videos I don't think it's enough of a leap to warrant a purchase from me when Shadow Warrior 2 is out in a few days!

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The remaster is still solid.
    They released a lot of updates for it since it's original release, and it's pretty damn solid these days.

5. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Well this game is looking pretty amazing. I have it running at 4K with 76% scale and only settings not at max are screen space reflections -ultra, ambient occlusion-high and depth of field -ultra. I'm really surprised at how well the scaling works. One thing I have noticed however is that cutscenes look kind of choppy and show frame rate doesn't work during them. Are these FMV or is something cutting their frame rate?

6. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Did this game make anyone move on from Win 7? I've have Win 7 and play games mostly for the graphics. After the comments about the game's looks I may get Win 10 for the required Dx12. Same question for those with Win 8 versions. Or Apple users. Or Linux users.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im not moving from 8.1 untill the store and DX12 have matured and I also want to see if MS have xmas and summer sales and how much they drop prices.

Even then, the games that are exclusive to the ms store dont interest me enough to permanently move OSs.

That said i duel boot 8.1 and 10, so really my above comment is irrelevant as i could easily just use 10 for MS exclusives gaming and stick with 8.1 as my main OS, as i intend to do for the foreseeable future.

Win10 as an OS is just too neutered for my liking.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game is good fun so far if not exactly original or drastically different from previous games. Technically it's great too except for one jarring thing; the way JD walks through the Fabricator box as if it was just a holographic projection. When I first saw it I was like WTF! Sure, it's hardly a gamebreaker but considering how polished everything else is this glitch does rather stand out. Anyone else noticed this (campaign obviously)?

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Is it me, or does Markus' son look like Nathan Drakes been working out and bulked up.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    70 €?! Holy money-making-scheme Batman!

I'm not comfortable forking out even 50 € for a new game... not that I'd pay that much for an old game either :nerd:

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    yeah i thought Nolan North was doing his voice all the time , it was Liam McIntyre

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just completed it, good story overall nothing amazing. Gameplay is nice and it does like to add new things into the mix here and there. I played on normal and I think I died like 3 times in my whole playthrough.

Multiplayer seems to work fine but there is a lot of connection issues at the moment, and the lag compensation is insane!!!

Overall great game and the optimisation is stunning its up there with DOOM levels of performance. Still I preferred DOOM overall as a game though.

cutscenes are FMV's pre recorded in the games engine and they are capped at 30fps which is why your seeing the drop in frame rate and the fact that the show stats option does not show up.

13. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Wouldn't that make it less than 4k with only 76% scaling?

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Something like 2880x1620 then, bit higher as it's 76% and not 75% or 3/4th of the select screen resolution. :)
    (Works pretty well if it's a native 4K monitor or tv to conserve a bit of rendering power whereas if it's not well using DSR/VSR to that res would be sharper rather than going to "4K" and scaling it down, I think.)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  15. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Am I missing something or this game only multiplayer? I see 2 players local and 5 online. So no single player?

16. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Yes, but it's the only way for my TV to show a resolution between 1080p and 4K. If I have it rendering at 1080p and scaled up to the same resolution it looks considerably worse because it's just downsampling back to 1080p. The tv is still technically receiving a 4K signal, the graphics card is just scaling that 76% back up to 4K.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Considering i only play gears for the single plaer aspect..anything more than £45..yeah nah.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm Mr Cheap so i top out at around £25 for any game.

Quantum Break dropped to £30 on the store quite quickly, so the games do get reduced on there.

19. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I wouldn't expect Gears 4 to drop in price for at least a year.

20. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    No it definitely has a campaign.