Motion blur in mp4, mkv & other multimedia files since upgrading to 1070

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by MickeyOne, Oct 8, 2016.

1. MickeyOne

MickeyOne Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1070
    I seem to notice an irritating motion blur in most HD multimedia files since upgrading from a MSI GTX 660 Ti to an ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 8GB. Games like The Witcher 3 play fine. With scenes where the camera pans slowly across the field of view it just seems like there's a blurring there that wasn't there before. This happens on two different motherboards (Asus P8Z77-V Pro & a Sabertooth Z87), and on all Nvidia drivers I've tried including the latest. Has anyone else noticed this issue when upgrading from earlier Nvidia cards to the latest and greatest, or is it just my imagination and my brain playing tricks on me since I played too much of The Witcher 3 at a constant 60 FPS whereas most videos & movies are between 24 FPS-29 FPS? Also, many multimedia files seem to play slightly choppy while others don't. I have no special codecs installed, just the windows default ones

System Specs: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit OS, Intel Core i5-4690K CPU, ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 8GB video, Asus Sabertooth Z87 MB, Corsair 16GB (4 x 4GB) RAM, Antec 620W PSU

2. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    is the behaviour the same on two different displays?

Have you tried installing Klite Codec Pack or CCCP Codec Pack?

3. MickeyOne

MickeyOne Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1070
    I just pretty much confirmed that it's my warped perception causing the problem. After 100+ hours of playing The Witcher 3 at a silky smooth 60 FPS my brain has become trained to expect those high framerates all the time so when I start watching movies at 24 FPS & 29 FPS things look a little sluggish. I tested this by temporarily going back to my older GTX 660 Ti and I'm still seeing the "motion blur." I need time for my brain to adjust back to the lower frame-rates. Let this be a warning to gamers who have overly long sessions at 60 FPS. Heh.

4. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    Well at 144 fps sessions I guess I'm totally ****ed

5. MickeyOne

MickeyOne Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1070
    You should be okay as long as you don't overdo it like I did. You'd swear I was some Korean guy in an internet cafe playing DotA for three straight days. I'm lucky I didn't keel over in my chair and croak. There's a cautionary tale about madness, obsession and perception somewhere in here :nerd: :infinity: