Windows 10 update - Can't find amd card

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by gustavobrp, Oct 10, 2016.

1. gustavobrp

gustavobrp Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Hi everyone,

I have an Dell Inspiron with a Radeon 7730M graphics card. I was usying the lastest update from leshcat when my Windows 10 upgraded last week. I was facing screen luminosity issues after the update, so i decided to reinstall the graphics drives (intel and amd) to resolve the issue. I followed all the steps indicated by leshcat driver (uninstalled the driver in control panel, used the lastest version of DDU).

But after i uninstalled the drivers, i could't reinstall the amd driver because the instalation program doesn't recognize the card anymore. In the control panel, windows says that the graphic instaled is: microsoft basic display driver.

So, when i try to install the driver (tried the lastest leshcat and the lastest amd driver) the amd driver instalation says it could't find any compatible devine in the computer...

I tried to uninstall the basic display driver, but it didn't work too: amd can't find the card. I tried to use the autodetect utility but that didn't worked too, the instalation just freezes!

What can i do? I restore the computer to a previous state, but now the graphics controler doesn't open, despite the games a working properly. The screen luminosity issue disappeared too, but i can't open the amd settings and if i want to upgrade the driver in the future i'm afraid i will face the same issue! :bang:

2. gustavobrp

gustavobrp Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    UPDATE 1:

I reinstalled just the control panel from radeon driver package (the lastest unifl). Graphics is working on games, but now the Amd Settings shows two cards: two amd radeon hd 7700m series!

wtf is going on?

UPDATE 2:

when i try to install the amd driver that comes in the lastest unifl (leshcat driver) package, the amd instalation racognize the amd card and install the driver. But when i try to install the crimson driver provided by the amd site, it doesn't!

So i reinstalled the unifl package, but, again, the amd settings shows two cards. It seems that the games are running properly, but this problem persists and in the tab 'system' of the amd settings there is a message saying that my card is disabled.

3. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    try install driver from amd website if not working you may try leshcat driver on a clean install windows 10 os not on updgrade win10... maybe after you uprade theres some leftover files that having conflict when you installing amd drivers... thats why i recommend clean install os no to upgrade only when it come to os...gudluck! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016