Mafia 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 6, 2012.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes.
    It's been confirmed... 2K responded to a tweet from Totalbiscuit saying the game is currently locked to 30fps.
    But improvements are coming "soon".

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    yeah and the dev was surprised during a gameplay stream that his game is 30fps :p

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    From a few things I've read, it seems to be a bug in the release code.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its getting slammed :D

6. Xuanzang

Xuanzang Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    No buy for me if it's locked to 30fps. Period.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just shows how stupid Steam reviews are.
    Tons of reviews with 0.10 playtime.

That's less time then my playtime in the 15 minutes Outlast II demo.
    Personally I think there should be a time limit requirement to post a review. 30fps alone does not make a game bad.

8. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    The better hardware you give to porting devs the lazier they get.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    72% negative reviews

[​IMG]

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Actually it could have been anyone playing it and I would have thought the same thing.

Take a look yourself (and other gurus). Looks lame.

(Well they were doing interrogate missions, and there were police popping up from nowwhere i.e let's stick some police in there to spice up a pretty lacklustre been there done that type mission scenario. Have also seen other vids with combat in it and the wow factor seems to be generated from some special takedowns..rest is just pretty average).

Dunno but just seems to lack what the first few Mafia's had.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've watched a ton of gameplay, I think it looks good.
    But I'm not gonna watch Angry Joe, like I said... guy annoys me. Hate his videos.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Well dunno what you been watching but I'd give it a 6 or a 7 at most.

I might be wrong but I cant remember the last time I was wrong about a game being fairly average.

Soundtrack is great though. For me I'd put it in the latest Deus x category (good enough games but £30...nope), good but meh been there done that...

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    30fps locked I can almost guarantee that when/IF it gets unlocked the game will run like ****

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    was going to pick this up this evening, set some time aside to play it etc and was looking forward to it as loved 2, but 30FPS? lol, nope, good luck with that.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's what is so great about games... we don't all have to like the same stuff.
    Thankfully.

16. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    To hell with PC gaming in it's current state.

We buy expensive hardware, we spend hundreds on graphics cards, some of us buy 2. We buy expensive 120hz/144hz and above monitors. We buy lots of ram, we buy expensive motherboards, peripherals.

For what? To play sh1tty console ports at 30fps? I'm sorry, but that's just not good enough. I've been a PC gamer for 20 years this year. This year we've seen some utterly ridiculous releases. Most recently people with 1080 sli are supposed to settle for a 30 fps cap because a game (FH3) stutters like hell when uncapped. Now this. Oh and apparently, the devs are "surprised" that the game went live with a 30fps cap.

Are they taking us all for morons? Is this some kind of a joke? Oh are they surprised, are they? They failed to notice, after hours of testing, that the game is running at 30fps? Well hello, if captain obvious (30fps cap) slipped under the radar it makes me wonder what other things did? Or did they just not bother even trying to deliver a half decent product?

I'm fed up. Some of us gamers are young, saving up pocket money to buy games. Some of us are starting up in the real world, again, tight on cash. Some have kids, families, they're unemployed etc. Yet it's perfectly acceptable for 2k to release a turd like this and charge premium $$$?

How is it even remotely acceptable for this to happen? If I performed as "well" as 2k have performed in this case, I would have a warning on my desk first thing in the morning.

I say we gamers need to boycott releases like this. Or go buy the game on steam and request a refund. But do not keep the game and hope for the "good devs" to release a patch. We don't own these cu*ts anything. They owe us delivering a decent functional product.

I'm out.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    After a fluke outing by Microsoft and Coalition it's nice to see PC ports back to being the disasters they usually are. Phew.

19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    doubt its any time "soon", if it was they would have included the fix in the day 1 patch and saved themselves all the negativity.
    Besides its better to know what you're getting so lets just see if they fix it.

20. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Started Playing Now..Looks Good in Ultrawide..No SLI and 30 FPS are the real deal breaker..Will Wait for Said patch..

[​IMG]