GeForce 372.90 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Driller_au, Sep 21, 2016.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I'm totally with you on this one, Forza Horizon 3 was just never designed to run at 60fps, it's clear no effort has gone into optimising it to run at anything over 30fps.

Luckily this is one of the few games that's actually playable on PC at 30fps, it's not ideal, but until Playground Games fixes it, for many of us it's the only option we have to enjoy the game.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anyone playing mad max? I'm getting missing textures every now and then. Things like missing floors (you instead see the skybox) or walls.

3. supersym

supersym Member

GPU:
    SLI gtx 980
    Hello !
    I get tearing with prepar3D 3.4.
    It's the first time a long time ago...

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Posted this in the Forza Horizon 3 thread but it may well be driver related.

5. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Yep, but not just with this driver.
    A restart fixes it.

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Often, cards get stuck in idle clocks that a restart fixes when the GPU driver crashes and recovers. You guys sure your clocks aren't causing driver crashes?

7. SlazsH

SlazsH Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Trio X
  8. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Here you go all the fixes from this update

We have released Cumulative Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile on Release Preview Ring which will bring the build number to 14393.222 for PC and 14393.221 for Mobile (KB3194496). This Cumulative Update contains the following fixes:

Improved reliability of the Windows Update Agent, shared drives, virtual private network (VPN), clustering, HTTP downloads, Internet Explorer 11, Hyper-V platform, multimedia playback, and Microsoft Edge.
    Improved performance of push and local notifications, Hyper-V platform, and some social media websites using Microsoft Edge.
    Addressed issue where mapping a drive from an elevated command prompt doesn’t work with administrator credentials.
    Addressed issue causing movies that were ripped using the transport stream (.ts) format to play without sound in Windows Media Player and the Xbox One Media Player app.
    Addressed issue causing the Movies & TV app on the Xbox to stop working when attempting to play content that was just purchased from the Store.
    Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database.
    Addressed issue causing “Print all linked documents” to not work in Internet Explorer 11.
    Addressed issue preventing some users from changing the default download location in Windows 10 Mobile.
    Addressed issue causing unnecessary notifications about fixing Microsoft account in Windows 10 Mobile.
    Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, Windows shell, enterprise security, storage file system, Remote Desktop, core platform, Hyper-V platform, Windows Update for Business, display kernel, near field communication (NFC), input and composition, Bluetooth, Microsoft Lync 2010 compatibility, Windows Storage API, app registration, Trusted Platform Module, Group Policy, Internet Explorer 11, virtual private network (VPN), BitLocker, wireless networking, datacenter networking, Cortana, PowerShell, Active Directory, connection manager and data usage, Microsoft Edge, Windows Recovery Environment, file clustering, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, audio playback settings, DShow Bridge, app compatibility, licensing, cloud infrastructure, domain name system (DNS) server, network controller, USB barcode reader, and Adobe Flash Player.

This Cumulative Update is the same for both PC and Mobile except that for PC, it includes an additional fix to improve the reliability of downloading games (like Forza Horizon 3) and game updates from the Windows Store.

9. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    @ManuelG

I dunno if it's the driver or the game, but at a custom resolution of 1920x1200@60hz, deus ex: mankind divided will sometimes go into "no signal" mode upon startup. going to sleep via keyboard and then waking up the PC allows me to get into the game without any further issues.

This happened 4 times in deus ex over a period of 2 weeks. No other application has a similar issue. both 372.70 and 372.90

10. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970

11. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    No, same for The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition and Monkey Island 2 Special Edition as well.
    I guess it will require the games to be patched, since the affected games don't work with AMD's WDDM 2.1 drivers either - unless Nvidia and AMD can implement some sort of WDDM 2.0 spoofing/emulation flag into their drivers and enable it for these games.

12. SlazsH

SlazsH Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Trio X
    Looks like the only fix for now is to either:
    1. install a non WDDM 2.1 driver or
    2. manually put a non WDDM 2.1 d3d9.dll in the game folder (EASY FIX)
    *2 No problem for vanilla game users but sucks for people who play with ENB/Reshade. :bang:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  13. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Oh, that works? Where can I get that non-WDDM 2.1 d3d9.dll from?

14. SlazsH

SlazsH Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Trio X
    Here you go. Works for NV/FO3. Would most probably work with Monkey Island as well.
    Link is in the steam forum post.

15. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    I am always ON "prefer maximum performance"

16. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I can confirm that it does indeed work for both Monkey Island games, too.

Thank you so much! :)

17. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Well done mate cheers was driving me nuts, one less problem now.

18. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Yeah, no luck with my modded Gamebyro engine games for the time being, hopefully it we be fixed.

19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Don't these mods support chaining? You just name the dll differently and they chain load it.

20. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Yeah maybe redirect via the ProxyLibrary may work. Will ook at this .