Nvidia bundles Gears of War 4 for PC AND Xbox One

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    If you are in the market for a GeForce GTX 1080 or 1070 graphics card, system or notebook, you are aligible for Gears of War 4 for PC AND Xbox One as Nvidia started to bundle the game....

Nvidia bundles Gears of War 4 for PC AND Xbox One

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    AWESOME!

Side note, GOW4 PC will have splitscreen support as well. :)

3. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I ordered a Palit GTX 1080 Super Jetstream today and it indeed included the promotion offering.

It says the game code will be available from 11th October 2016.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Is this why all these previews are being done on a 1080?

Seems to be a great port as well, lots of options and 4k/60 is achievable on a 1080.

PC splitscreen is brilliant news as well, now I need to try and get excited about a series i have never really warned to though lol.

6. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080
    Well now, this bites the big one :bang:. Last Friday I took delivery of a new EVGA FTW GTX 1070 from NewEgg, and I got the Paragon 1000 coin promo, that I will never use. Maybe this promo will still be around in a couple weeks, maybe upgrading my son's card to a GTX 1070.

7. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    does it mean if i bought for example msi gaming 1080 i few weeks ago i will get a copy?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    If you don't have a "code" or "serial" already, then, nope. Apparently, you have to buy from one of the participation shops.

9. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Neat that this is available on PC. I wonder why 4 will be when they skipped 2, 3, and Judgment?

10. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Well it states that the offer will be for purchases made from 20.09.2016(today) until 30.10.2016.

Doesn't hurt to sent an email to MSI's customer support. :thumbup:

11. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    The so-called "renewed support" (after the games for windows failure) that microsoft now has for pc gaming and integrating its console business into the PC platform is reason to speculate why any first party game since windows 10 was released they are releasing on the PC as well. So many me-too distribution platforms for games that want a piece of the steam-y pie.

Would be great if they did a gow collection remade all for the PC, but still they focus on expanding the story instead. Maybe in the future... I mean it took the first Dead rising 10 years to come to the PC so who knows how long it will take the older gears games.

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Taking a look at the second picture, is it common to wear that kind of belt reversed and backwards?

13. kendoka15

kendoka15 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Like with Halo, before W10, they may have wanted to keep more people on their hardware platform where they make the monies

14. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    is strange, a free game from nvidia that works on a red team equipped console.

15. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    Every nvidia game works on the red console :)

16. dopus

dopus Member

GPU:
    asus gtx1070
    And this promotion started the day AFTER i ordered a asus dual 1070...so I am problably stuck with that cr@$@£@p promotion they had before this one.

17. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Just ordered a GTX 1080 G1! Once I got the GoW4 code and activated it, I cancelled my order! :D J/K

I did order a GTX 1080 G1 though and they did send me a code right away. Also used up my $45 gift card on Amazon so the ending price when you include the full price game isn't too bad. :)

EDIT: 80GIG download.... good lord! All I need now is a better ISP.

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Do you mean the PC version?Nothing new under the sun, specially in GOW franchise.

GOW:UE was a complete disaster for AMD PC GPU customers when it was released on PC.

There are ppl that still believe AMD GPUs on PC get an "automatic" performance advantage over Nvidia GPUs in ALL ported games to PC because consoles have AMD GPUs.

It's simple common sense to understand that graphic demanding PC games should work at least equal if not better on Nvidia than in AMD GPUs: 80% of PC gamers use a Nvidia GPU.

Game dev/publishers can't optimize (more) THE PC VERSION for the small 20% target buyers (AMD) than for the other 80% (Nvidia).

They are already used to be "fair" with console gamers compared to PC gamers, in PC they use to be "fair" with Nvidia GPU customers compared to AMD GPU customers.In some cases the game simply work better due to DX11 Nvidia advantage and in other case the game dev team has the help of GameWorks "features" and $$$.

"Fairness" between platforms is not much different than "fairness" between GPU brands in PC platform when you want to maximize your benefits.

19. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    But for those who already bought GTX 1080? can they get also a copy of gears of war 4?

20. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    I feel bad for you. Stay away from brands like Palit. Terrible track record