Intel Core i7 7700K Spotted Online for 360 Euro

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The next gen Core i5 and i7 series processors will be based on Kaby lake. The new series will only offer a relative incremental performance increment. The processors however have been spotted at an on...

Intel Core i7 7700K Spotted Online for 360 Euro

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I like the price, seems reasonable.

3. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I guess I should finally overclock my Sky i5 and thus essentially turn it into a Kaby i5.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    360Eur for a quad-core, no thanks. I'll wait.

5. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    360 euros is still very expensive for a CPU which is almost identical to the previous generation. Where there is a monopoly prices go up. Nvidia became almost a monopoly prices immediately went up. 500 euros for a mid range card is not a good price at all. ~ +100 euros since GTX 9xx. Intel's CPUs also went upstairs with the price lately. An i5 costed 200-220 euros and an i7 300-320. Now they cost +50 euros more on average (depending on country but prices went up for everyone).

6. SSD_PRO

SSD_PRO Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Looks like the real price to me, at least at launch. It will probably increase 5-10% shortly after as Intel employs their usual stock controls. With the mainstreaming of 6 and 8 cores not too far away I think this price tag is disappointing. 4 cores/8 threads will accomplish 95% of tasks just fine but with looming architectures out there the price should be back down around 300ish. Having had a i7-920, 2600k, 3770k, 4790k, and now 6700k, this is the first cycle I will be sitting out in quite some time.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  7. SHOCKTRUPPEN

SHOCKTRUPPEN Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Strix
    Agreed this is what happens when there is no competition in the high end cpu market. Prices get crazy. Luckily these cpu's are underwhelming to say the least and I hope Intel is stuck with low sales and learn a lesson on pricing for the next release. I wouldn't hold your breath tho, Intel has become a monster. Where is Godzilla?

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    [​IMG]

9. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    prices gone up, where? mainstream i7 top of the line CPUs had the same MSRP for as long as I remember. priced maybe only slightly went up in Europe but that's because Euro-USD excange rate dropped last year.

i7-2600K, i7-3770K, i7-4790K, i7-6700K all cost more or less the same on release day.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

11. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Pricing looks about where it should be to me, still looking forward to playing with one of these, hopefully they won't be out until Feb or something, as I may be getting an X99 Platform to play on now

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Let's wait until Zen is available before crown it the Intel killer.

13. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    haha, they're still trying to sell quad cores at that price? Jeez, no thanks

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I think anyone expecting Zen to be an "Intel killer" is going to be sadly disappointed.

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    What about people expecting it to be an "Intel competitor", so that Intel can stop selling 1.7BN transistor chips alone, at $300+?

16. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    In order to really compete it must perform well enough. If it underperforms it's not going to sell very well so no worries for Intel. We still have no serious reasons to believe that Zen can really take on Intel. I just hope they will generate enough sales to put AMD back on track and maybe later we will have some real competition. Until then hold a small basket.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i dont think it will be inter killer at best i might force intel to rethink there prices and atlest make attempt at making gen to gen better then 5% we get if lucky

18. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    It's okay to be pessimistic to avoid disappointments, but on the other hand Intel hasn't made it overly hard for AMD. Intel has gained pitiful 10% in processing power in four years, so AMD should have had enough time. If Skylake was at least 50% more powerful than the three generations older Ivy Bridge, AMD would really need to be worried.

AMD is used to the harsh situation in the GPU world where generations need to make a difference (that AMD ought to have learned the hard way). In the mean time in the CPU world Intel can keep releasing the same old **** time after time and still make 10 billion dollars a year in pure profit. Rejoining such a super lazy market ought to be a walk in a park.

19. eddward

eddward Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 GAMING X
    Come on, MSRP in USD is almost the same as it was a few generations ago. Blame ECB/EU for this. 50€ is literally nothing else than changed USD/EUR exchange rate.
    Calculate 1.1 USD/EUR and then 1.35 USD/EUR as it was a few years ago.
    Live example
    MSRP $242
    With 1.35 rate it does 216€ inc. 21% VAT
    With 1.1 rate it does 266€ inc. 21% VAT

20. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Even if Zen only reaches 30% increase in single core performance instead of the promised 40% then i think it will still sell a huge amount of 8c/16t chips.

People are starting to care less about single core performance especially gamers whom have upgraded to Win 10 and expect Multi-Core performance to finally overtake single core performance.

A 40% increased 8c/16t Zen will worry Intel and boy they should be scared especially if AMD can keep the price down of their top Black Edition model.

IF Zen 8c/16t is 30-40% faster and it's £200-£250 pound for the top unlocked edition then it won't matter what Intel does. All AMD fans will buy it. Some on release and more down the line once it's matured, AM4 that is.

Seriously, think about it. Who still uses many single core apps/programs? Is there any new apps/programs coming out now that doesn't use multi-threading on Win 10 system, i doubt it and why would you care. Unless of course you use the PC as a workstation and use a lot of time compressing and such.