Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Seren, Sep 8, 2016.

1. rubenclavs

rubenclavs Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 Ghz Edition

Thank you for the feedback. I will be saving up for a decent bronze power supply in around 1-2 months. I wont be playing games as of this moment.

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm also getting flickering UI with Kodi, up to the point where it's unusable.

EDIT: The issue seems to be with MadVR. A reinstallation of the latest MadVR version didn't seem to help.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  3. Gothik

Gothik Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 380X 4GB
    I've reported the issue to AMD. I've also noticed it messed up shadows in Fallout 4.

4. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    My guess is that it's also linked to my Kodi/Madvr problems. Even with DLL substitution for DX11 and DX9 everywhere, including the Kodi, MadVR and LAV Filter folders (although I don't know how much that would help), I still get flicker with MadVR enabled. The integrated Kodi player seems ok.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Probably unrelated but I did notice that the "atitmm64.dll" file wasn't copied over into the System32 folder during installation (It is part of these drivers though and was installed in earlier drivers.) though I do not know what said file does exactly although there is no 32-bit version (IE atitmm32.dll) of said file.
    (Description just says something about clone control module and mm might be multi-monitor so possibly related to that?)

Well it is the first driver for WDDM2.1 so hopefully these issues (Especially the above if it is game breaking in some titles.) can be fixed with the next driver release or the one after that. :)
    (Not sure if it's 100% confirmed but it seems the Deus Ex Mankind Divided DX12 mode will be out of "beta" next Monday September 19th so perhaps a updated 16.9.2 driver shortly after that with some further fixes and general optimizations? Eh might be too close to the 16.9.1 driver release still unless it's some beta/hotfix driver.)

6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    system32 is not strictly related to 32-bit anymore, if you are on a 64-bit version of Windows, it contains 64 binaries, while 32-binaries are inside SysWOW64 (where WOW64 means "Windows 32 on Windows 64" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WoW64)

7. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    its locking into UVD clocks because of xbox app.....uninstall it and clocks will go full boost. http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-uninstall-and-remove-the-xbox-app-in-windows-10/ But it wont completely fix the 501 mhz UVD issue. :3eyes: (for some)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  8. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    You find MadVR really make videos better? I think SVP works great but im not sure mad really adds anything i can see.

9. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Surprisingly, I haven't encountered the UVD bug anymore. I just encountered it once early after installing the previous driver and that's it. I think AMD probably fixed some of the cases the bug happened in this driver, but there are still certain rare cases that it is still present.

These two are made for two completely reasons. SVP is a frame doubler that converts 24-30 FPS video to 60 FPS using frame interpolation.
    madVR, on the other hand, is a fully-fledged GPU-accelerated video renderer that is supposed to replace [the God-awful] EVR/VMR, and supports multiple advanced upscaling and downscaling algorithms, post-processing and image refinement, smooth motion, and recently also 10-bit and HDR output and color calibration.

I don't use SVP because I like the "ghosting" effect in 24-25 FPS movies; SVP gives me the feeling that I am watching live sport. madVR is a must for video playback, though, since apart from the fact that it is a fantastic renderer, all other alternatives are also crap.

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The Xbox app is disabled, along with its notifications and the DVR. I still get locked clocks sometimes.
    They are different things. One is a frame interpolator, the other a renderer. I don't like interpolation in movies. Madvr is by far the best renderer.

11. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    This driver gives me higher framerates in every game than the 16.7.3 I was using. I installed the driver from the disc that came with my RX 470 and then it said two updates were available and recommended the 16.7.3 over the 16.8.2 so I chose that one. I installed 16.9.1 over 16.7.3 and it is better. Firestrike score is up slightly too. Checking what others with similar systems have gotten for results, I'm right up there in the top 3 with 7505. It says "Your GPU is ready to rumble but your CPU doesn't want to play". I got 5433 with my R9-270X.

12. koniu

koniu Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Same for me. But with small cost. I was forced do to rise voltage on my card. Before 16.9.1 my card was totally stable at 1303MHz and 1040mV. When i upgraded drivers i start experiencing random crashes in Witcher 3 and other games. Setting voltage at 1060mV fix it for me. It is logical more performance more power needed.

This is not problem for most people because most of them is on stock voltage,
    but if You undervolting it is time for stability test

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    16.9.1 looking good so far for my system.

14. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
  15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Hi guys,
    I just wanted to point out ,for those who use DDU, that I have release a major version for you that fixed some broken AMD driver removal recently.

here is the changelog

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thanks, Wagnard! :p

17. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Thanks for effort Wagnard! I recently used your previous ver. of DDU but everithing worked fine. Do you advise to use the latest?!

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Am I missing something, where did the custom resolution settings go?
    I used to be able to do 3360x1440@ 60hz with freesync. If I do it with CRU, it doesnt work anymore and messes up my custom inf for 2560x1080 freesnyc with 32-75fps.

19. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    If you had no problem, no need to re-run it. But if you use it again, I highly recommend to use the latest as 17.0.1.1 had some importants bugs preventing good cleaning.

20. CRTFTW

CRTFTW Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 380x X2
    So this driver is really awesome for single card users running Mantle. Triple buffered vsync is working for the first time on windows 10, and lots of bugs and crashes were fixed.

But it's the other end of the spectrum for crossfire users, and Mantle won't install at all. Thankfully, for now, you can use the 16.9.1 Mantle DLL's in the game folder alongside an older driver, and you'll get all the benefits of 16.9.1. This is the first time I've been able to play Battlefield Hardline with zero crossfire bugs (it stutters pretty badly in DX11, Mantle had other problems previously).

So make sure you guys submit bug reports for crossfire+mantle on this one.