Woven - Kickstarter Project (Steam demo inside)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by putty, Sep 9, 2016.

1. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    [​IMG]

Free Demo & Kickstarter:
    Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/504690/
    Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1355836783/woven-solve-puzzles-by-reknitting-your-character/

About the Game:
    Woven is a puzzle adventure game in which you explore a knitted world where stuffed animals live. As a player you continuously customize your character by mixing different body parts to solve puzzles and bravely confront the dangers that lurk beneath the soft surface.
    In Woven you find a world consisting solely out of wool, cotton and fabrics, you control a mysterious little metal robot named Glitch and meet Stuffy, a stuffed animal in the shape of an elephant.
    Together you set out to unravel the mystery of Glitch’s origin and discover things both amazing and terrifying.
    Woven is a game about friendschip, adventure and creativity.

Features:
    • Customize your character, with different body parts and 100+ fabrics
    • A huge and colorful handcrafted world to explore
    • Puzzles that can be solved in different ways
    • An amazing story, all told through rhyme by our lovely narrator.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personal
    Since I am one of the lead developers on this project, it would mean the world to me if you guys could share this with everybody you know of (that is if you like it!).

And please leave me any feedback/questions you have!

PuttPutt

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Looks like Kirby and Yoshi.

Not a bad thing, I love them both. :D Looks interesting!

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^I would have said more like Little big planet.

4. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    Play the demo and find out!;)

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    EA Unravel copycat wannabe lol

6. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    @chispy If you'd like to play the demo, you'll find out that its not at all like Unravel, although I admit that the visuals might look alike, the projects origins are from 15 years ago:)

The visual style of Woven was created a few years ago.

Please try out the demo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/504690/

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just finished playing the pre-alpha demo right to the end. I really enjoyed it; it shows a lot of promise and the exploration-focused gameplay with light puzzles, ambient music and the lovely, colourful endearing patchwork visuals all make for a relaxing and charming game. This is also very polished and beautifully presented. I am definitely interested as this is exactly the kind of game that appeals to me since it doesn't involve zombies, survival or first-person combat! It would also be a good game for parents to play with their younger kids, I feel.

The only real issue I had with the game overall was the method of control which in the demo is mouse and keyboard only. Initially I found it frustrating that I could only control Stuffy by clicking on a point on the ground in front of him and had no direct control. I would have much preferred to have direct control with a key used to switch between controlling Stuffy and controlling Glitch. The point and click controls led to some mild annoyances as I struggled to get Stuffy where I wanted him in one of the early puzzles which involves switching to a rabbit so I could jump and collect the acorn/pattern. But maybe it's just me; I much prefer to play games with a controller anyway over mouse and keyboard.

One last thing, it wasn't made clear that there's an option to run which makes moving around a lot less lethargic than the pace you start off at. Hopefully, the final game will have better tutorials that explain the various mechanics better so that others are not walking around needlessly when they have the option to run (I believe, as the rabbit).

Great idea too for the developers to release a demo like this because concept videos, screenshots and text can only convey so much about what this game is whereas a playable demo shows exactly what it is. I wish the developer all the best promoting the game and I will definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  8. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    Thanks for the great feedback Darren! We still have a long way to go before the game is finished, so we try to listen to our players to make the game better and better:)

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Little big Palent mixed with teraway

fun.

10. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090