Review: Asus Republic Of Gamers RAMPAGE V Edition 10

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Join us as we review the the Asus ROG RAMPAGE V Edition 10. It is among the best X99 chipset based motherboards we have tested to date. Not just that, it looks pretty awesome as well in an all dark de...

Review: Asus Republic Of Gamers RAMPAGE V Edition 10

2. Lubna

Lubna Active Member

GPU:
    1080TI
    Thank you Hilbert Hagedoorn !

3. Adamora

Adamora Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 2070 Super
    Hilbert, your the only one I know who might be able to help with such a silly problem, so here goes.

Been running this MOBO (Rampage V) for a month so far, and for the life of me, I cannot get the built in Wifi to work on Windows 10! It just won't connect to anything, drivers be damned!

Is this just a W10 problem that'll be solved down the line?

4. CosmicSharts

CosmicSharts Guest

GPU:
    2x Titan XP @ 2100/11000
    Good review :)

I'm liking mine... here's an idea of what it can do within a water loop.

I can make 4.6GHz too at decent temps - but the voltage is higher than I like to run it at.

Mostly 50-55C when running properly. I would share an image but because I have less than 5 post I'm not allowed to... :3eyes:

The higher figures you see on HWMon are from earlier in the day when the automatic fan control had stuck the pump at a very slow speed and I hadn't noticed.

That's on a quiet fan profile... turning things up and it gets down to 40C under load but it's noisier than I like.

I normally only use wired, but for the last few days I've been using the onboard wireless connecting to a mobile hotspot as my landline internet is down. I've had no problems connecting to any networks with it - working perfectly fine.

Double check the connections where you have plugged the antenna in to the IO port on the mortherboard, I can see it might be easy to not get them fully in.

Otherwise do a full driver clean and try again.

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There are no issues with AC wifi and Windows 10 we ran into. I did not even need to install a driver as Windows installed it by itself. The results are shown on the WIFI results page.

Sometimes it's not the client side .. update your router with new firmware I'd suggest.

6. Kyrat

Kyrat Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
    :banana: Rampage V Extreme + Led = $$$$$$ :banana:

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Damn it, my mobo is now officially obsoLED (omgz cen u c wut i did thar :giggle2:).

8. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    Thank you for the good review!

TOP motherboard, but because of the M.2 slot position in the motherboard I prefer the Asus X99 Deluxe II.
    Not at the same class, but the ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Pro Gaming i7 looks very interesting with two 4x M.2 slots.

This 10 core CPU produces too much heat to overclock all cores, but how much overclock can achieve if only overclock 1 core?

Would be interesting to include DPC Latency Checker in the tests, DPC is a good check for bad behaved drivers/etc...

9. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Cant connect to guru3d.com its down/dead !

10. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Wow.... $669.00 at newegg!! Awesome looking but way outta my price range!

Awesome review as always HH!

11. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    Newegg had the Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 for $253.99 :thumbup:

12. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Are you using the Anniversary edition of Windows 10. There are a couple of driver issues with this board and that version.

13. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I think putting lights on anything that isn't a keyboard is the absolute lamest trend happening in the PC industry right now.

...They put them in wireless mice; come on... Are they selling these things to teenagers? I love e-sports but damn, this lighting trend is so stupid.

14. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I agree. Luckily with this board, you have the option to disable them altogether. It is a superb board in combination with a Broadwell-E processor. It is so much more refined and stable than my Rampage V ever was.

15. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    I would love to get this board for the new system ill be building in a couple months, but Jesus its $999 AUD here in aussie land, not sure i could ever justify spending $999 on JUST the motherboard.

16. claydough

claydough Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 1080fe
    Motherboards are probably the first computer peripheral to use led lights as a functional feedback interface that can tell u states at a simple glance ( and alot less annoying then startup beeps! )

No reason that functionality can not be extended without having to justify it's bling cred to anyone that believe lighting can also be a valid artistic design consideration. Or hell...
    We can just ask manufactures to just give us square beige boxes so we can claim maturity?

17. claydough

claydough Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 1080fe
    Still on my ROG RAMPAGE EXTREME III...
    One thing I love about Asus's over the top hardcore components within ROG line is that even after the horrible voltage abuse and water disasters that killed my gold psu...
    My board just keeps on ticking!

Longevity!

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And there I already thought it was cheeky of them to put another 50$ on top of the original R5E because of that useless USB3.1 add in card... was I wrong :rolleyes: