GeForce 372.70 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 30, 2016.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  2. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    DOOM 2016 Vulkan is extremely smooth here with 372.70 WHQL. I have not done any benchmark comparisons but performance in DOOM is amazing.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Ambient Occlusion setting doesn't stick with this driver, same problem as last one.

4. All of Tripwire's games have been plagued by terrible optimization until later on their dev cycle, which is pretty pathetic considering how small KF maps are. Make an account and take it to their forums. Last time I checked, which was about 3-4 years ago, there were plenty of Tripwire customers there who were quite critical of their practices.

5. mcdermots1

mcdermots1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X Pascal
    Anyone else getting some intermittent glitching on the taskbar on the desktop , such as when opening or closing programs ? Hard to pin down, but has only really appeared since 372.70 and the last couple of updates to Windows.
    Seeing it on two different systems running 372.70.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Had to install these for BF1 ,So far they run good, don't really notice any differences, my games run smooth.
    On BF1 though what I noticed moving from Dx11 to Dx12 , both seem smooth but Dx11 "seems" to get slightly more avg fps than Dx12.
    On the CPU side its the opposite, Dx12 I get slightly less CPU load avgs across all cores compared to Dx11. In both cases its in the 5-10% amounts approx.
    I left the default auto setting, which is high, HBOA+ and I cap fps to 125.
    I avg about 110-140 rang w/o cap.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Crazybaldhead

Hmm, I will do that too, but nv should do better context switching as well.. imo its not only game fault here, seen it in the past by other hw physx games.

SP or MP?

Here its "smooth" at least fps/ms but picture isnt.. its like it has some weird slowdowns by those close encounters or explosions even though fps stays high.. Im playing only MP lately and opengl is like night and day, super smooth..

8. KF2 should be running more than stellarly on a 980ti, Tripwire is at fault here.

9. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    Works great on my rig! Specially nice playing F1 2016!

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    It runs, but not by heavy hw physx fluid stuff...
    And that's my whole point, also I really doubt its only dev fault here, like I said it has been a driver issue in the past too and nv fixed it as well by that said game.

Imo nvidia driver team should look at what's going on by this game and then talk to Killing Floor2 devs to idk change few fluid parameters if their crappy hardware *context switching isn't effective enough... Because that's what it looks like.
    Maxwell should be miles ahead of that by Fermi and Kepler, but so far its still same old disappointment.

*Context switching is another word for async compute in cuda. But since its in cuda its more effective as default dx12 async and it should work great with those 32?queues per cycle, not cripple it and have idle times thus lowering gpu usage and have fps drops..

-I also posted this issue to KF2 feedback forums, hopefully both find a solution

EDIT: @ NV ManuelG

after playing it more.. Ingame ultra, driver FXAA and physx gibs & fluids. Driver forced vsync or ingame, no change.. I lowered to native 1080p from 1440p DSR and no difference..

I forced RTSS 60fps limit and it did the same.

This is just unacceptable
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In log,

[0083.61] PerfWarning: bClothUseCompartment not set, no HW acceleration. SkeletalMeshComponent: SkeletalMeshComponent_10, SkeletalMesh: ENV_Paris_Flag
    [0083.61] PerfWarning: bClothUseCompartment not set, no HW acceleration. SkeletalMeshComponent: SkeletalMeshComponent_10, SkeletalMesh: ENV_Paris_Flag

I removed shader cache folder and ingame also, if its maybe old cache fault.. Although Idk where to set this cloth to HW.. Could be only this glitch..

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016

11. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    2 minutes?, 6 secs here in a HDD and with a way less powerfull cpu than yours (don't mid my pf specs)

12. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Does anyone here have any comparison of these drivers in comparison to the older drivers in TimeSpy? More interestedly, with a GTX1080?

13. z3razerviper

z3razerviper Guest

GPU:
    64GB
    both 372 drivers cause massive problems for me in tomb raider. The benchmark crashes after 30 seconds...Not this is with sli enabled.

These drivers also cause me another issue if i reboot 3 times without powering down the system will bluescreen on the 3rd boot every time. I have tested and confirmed.I am rolling back to 368.81.

14. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    but it's really 2 min or you just exaggerated a bit? i don't think loading times has anything to do with drivers, maybe you have a very large hdd/sdd with a lot of partitions?

15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I don't see any noticeable difference in loading times between Vulkan and OpenGL myself as it's just a few seconds (note that I haven't timed it, it's just how it feels), nor is there any notable stuttering in Vulkan at 3840x2160 with all details maxed out and the framerates, especially minimum ones seem higher. I've got the game installed on one of my SSDs, though.
    The only reason I play the OpenGL version for is because the Vulkan version always wants to use my Zotac GTX 1060 Mini that I have set up as dedicated PhysX card for rendering (even though there is no monitor connected to it) instead of my Titan X and the only way I can get it to use my Titan X is to disable the 1060 in device manager or pull it out.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have DOOM installed on my 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD and the Vulkan version has noticeably longer loading times than OpenGL. 20-30 seconds to the main menu with OpenGL and 40-45 seconds for Vulkan. 10 seconds to load a level thereafter for both though.

Of course, both are significantly faster than when I had the game installed on a mechanical hard drive (it took 1.5-2 minutes to just load to the main menu then another 2-3 minutes to load a level... utterly abysmal which is why I moved the game to an SSD in the first place. The weird thing is that loading times on the PS4 version are nowhere near that slow and it is running of a 2 TB 5,4000 rpm laptop drive!).

Game stutters with Vulkan though at 4K and maxed out settings with v-sync on but doesn't with OpenGL on the same settings. Since OpenGL holds a stable 60 fps far better at 4K maxed out anyway on my system than Vulkan, I've deciced to stick with that. Vulkan, on my system, offers no obvious benefit, much like DX12 actually where DX11 is usually more stable and faster overall in the majority of DX11/DX12 games.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've tried playing RoTTR on these (to test the new AB beta with D3D12 OSD) and funnily enough I'd say that on these RoTTR works better in DX12 than on DX11 on a GTX1080. No issues.

18. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    did DDU, in safe mode, rebooted, went to install..

says not compatible with my hardware?.

980ti

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not had a nvlddmkm.sys driver crash for a long time but got one yesterday - No GPU OC.

20. nateluthje

nateluthje Guest

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080 SLI
    What a complete waste of time. I should never have downloaded & installed this driver. It's not optimised for Deus Ex. I found that it would crash after about 5mins due to what it says is a vram issue (I don't apparently have enough vram to run at 4K res, ultra settings). Reverted back to 368.81 and....problem solved.