Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Actually, it was. Lack of proper snipers was a bit of a problem on the American side, whereas the British and Germans had trained snipers at various theatres of war; also Russian snipers have been excellent at that time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper#World_War_I

2. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    You really need some reading skills "bro".
    What I said and what you chose to understand.Oh well,guess I`ll have to stay of this topic like I have to avoid this so called wannabe Battlefield game.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i fail to understand how you contradict yourself, and still you did compare these 2 games by saying this is just sw bf ww1 setting, this is just unacceptable because you are totally wrong by even believing yourself saying this, so please if you dont like the game, just don't comment, we already know u don't like it, that doesn;t mean it s a bad game, it s not your game.

4. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    So when can you call a game "a bad game" instead of "not my game"

What is the definition of "bad game"

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT

The old school weaponry is what I love about it. I love that bullets and shells drop significantly. I like that the planes and tanks are slow and harder to maneuver. I find the challenge more intriguing.

It's a throwback to the original game (1942) where we had a bit more options for tactics and developing skills. All of the fire and forget weaponry in the past 5 games (?) since BFVietnam has really gotten boring. BF is easily my favorite shooter game franchise so I like the turn backwards in time.

Besides, WW1 and especially WW2 are far more fascinating scenarios with vast and varied arenas to do battle.

6. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    This! I love it too! Enough of the Auto-Lock = Insta-Kill, crap which doesnt take a lot of skill or those small maps for Jets to fly around.

Even though I love modern Aircrafts, Tanks and whatnot but not for a such a Shooter. I loved BF1942 and BF Vietman a lot more as it took more skill to achieve something.

It is now kinda on going back to the roots which I like a lot...we have to many modern oriented shooters.

Still not sure if I am gonna pick this Game up or not...but since I don't Play any BF4 anymore and having issues getting full battles in SW:BF I may pick it up in the Ultimate Edition for the first time :)

7. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    well let me put it this way...
    I will play the game that have the most people online..

Hardline fail "hard" there..

So far many are still online with BF4 and SW BF...

8. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
  9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i see OTTOMAn in this game. interesting. weak? balanced? beta is public i see.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Not only are they in the game, but they actually have turkish audio. It's funny hearing some turkish words like dusman (enemy), which sounds/means exactly the same in romanian. :giggle2:

11. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    When I first saw the alpha, I was not that interested. After spending a week on the beta, I'm hook!! Can't wait for 10/21. Looking forward to more maps!! Pre-ordered! :)

12. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I was really hoping for a slower paced game but after watching some streams it still seems to be a frantic run & gun.

I will still buy since BF4 was the only game I played once I got better internet though haven't played much lately. I just wish there was a bit more "sim" in the game when it comes to strategy instead of just spawn-run-shoot-die-repeat.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Anybody put the shotgun to good use? Seems to restricted with it's slow rate of fire to me.
    Sniping is soooo easy though... to me it seems that the bullets have less bullet drop than in BF4's sniping, but might just be a matter of different scales (distances on the BF1 maps compared to usual sniping on BF4 maps).

But it's a hell lot of fun to see some jeep with 3 dudes drive towards you, you pick on the gunner with a HS, the driver with a HS, and the third guy that tries to run for cover too with a HS.

14. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    If you plan to use shotgun, then you are forced to be between Charlie and Duff. That is the only place where you can get real close quarters combat. Enemies always running between those ruins.

At least that is where I sit, and that the only place where I can get positive K/D as an infantry man.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, I tried it there too, but that's also where I noticed that two medics easily outgun a single shotgun. Yes, you could kill one, but the other finishes you off either with his gun or a bayonett charge. Well, at least with the basic shotgun model.

If you want to play kdr then go sniper, easy kills at times, but certainly it gets tricky inside the streets (but works too, flare gun helps!).

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Cool, i better download and play. i am mostly wondering how is the HITBOX. bullets pass can can't hit enemies ? or it is far better?

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Has anybody actually found out the settings in the PROFSAVE_profile file? It shows lots of weird stuff, like settings in the config going to '4' or '3' even though I've set the game to ultra.

Main reason would be, still can edit vehicle key bindings, yet it doesn't work with the changed settings (only light tank for instance). Might not make much sense for the rest of the beta, but if that gets carried over to the final game...

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Hit registration is much, MUCH better than BF3/4, all beta servers were 60Hz tick rate as well. Haven't had a single kill trade and I'm ~ 800 kills/ rank 44. So yeah, from that point of view it's great.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Newest Beta patch unlocks all weapons.

20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    So does it end tonight at midnight or do we get to play for the 8th as well?