MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Fault is on your side, you're doing something wrong. Sound recording is done on RTSS side and the latest beta comes with the same version of RTSS as official 4.2.0.

2. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
  3. Unwinder

Nooe, it works fine under W10. Most likely you're testing it by a different player now. I have nothing to add to it, sorry, busy with 4.3.0 and would like to focus on it instead of forum.

4. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    OK, figured it out. It is ASUS Sonic Studio that's causing it. AB is fine. :)

5. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Steam Overlay only works in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (DXMD.exe) if application detection level is set to 'none' in RTSS 6.4.1

6. Unwinder

I'm not a steam overlay developer to address that.

7. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Never mind. Works now after running game a second time. :)

8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
  9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    It's a SLI bug in Nvidia drivers. Nvidia is aware.

10. Kulagin

Kulagin Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016

11. Kulagin

Kulagin Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    I didn't clone threads.

I've asked a question in another thread if I can fix this problem by myself.
    And since I couldn't do it, I reported it as a bug in appropriate thread.
    I hadn't violate any rules.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Any idea why a couple of times in the last month, I've been in the middle of a game and my GPU fan suddenly fires up full tilt, I check the temps and the GPU is sitting at 90c

When I open AB, my custom fan curve check box is unchecked and the fan has been sitting doing nothing until the GPU hit max temp?

For example it was working the night I shut down, the next morning I boot up, load up the game, and that happened

Latest stable 4.2.0

13. Unwinder

Please peek into software release notes where the functional purpose of this configuration file switch is documented in v2.0.0 changes list where it was introduced. As it is stated there, it is intended ONLY for overriding [X] button functionality in main GUI to help those who erroneously click that button instead of minimize one. It is NOT intended for intercepting and overriding system-wide window closing ways, such as taskbar commands, <Alt>+<F4> Keyboard shortcut, or furthermore task manager hooks because users must still have access to OS-unified quick emmergency application close ways while using send to tray on close functionality.
    And yes, posting exactly the same question in multiple threads in hope to attract attention is called thread cloning and it is not tolerated. Especially if you're claiming that something is broken when if fact you're misunderstanding something.

14. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Screwed up, reposting here too:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5326975#post5326975

15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    can we conrol both fans of msi card?
    msi only conrol one of 2 fans its msi software and msi 980 card

16. Unwinder

No, you cannot and it is not planned.

17. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Non-OC
    HELP! I have a HUGE problem with beta 14!

See image below.

http://i.imgur.com/FfpBwS4.jpg

I was trying to figure out why my MSI RX 480 Gaming X overclock was not stable in Afterburner after using EXACTLY the same mV etc in Trixx. So I opened up Trixx to see it was putting the mV into the THOUSANDS of mV!!! Even if I reset in Afterburner it does this. If I reset in Trixx it goes back to correct 0mV. Also I can overclock stable in Trixx.

Any ideas? I had previously run WattTool 0.5 to overcome the power limiting issue. But since then I DDU'd and installed the latest 16.8.3 AMD driver.

I am using Windows 10 BTW.

18. Unwinder

No need to clone the same post in different threads, it is not tolerated in this forum! I've answered in beta thread that it is a readout bug in trixx.

19. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Non-OC
    Sorry about that. Anyhow I have another issue (two actually).

1. I can only increase/decrease mV in increments of 6mV. This is also the case in Trixx. Any idea why?

2. Same exact overclock settings in Afterburner as in Trixx results in either an instant crash running Heaven benchmark or screen anomalies requiring a quick exit to desktop before is crashes.

In Trixx I can get a stable overclock of 1390/2200 using PL +50 +96mV and fans to 100% at 60c (because I want the fans to kick in fast to make sure the overclock is stable right away). But in Afterburner the same mV etc results in unstable. Even at 1380/2000.

20. Unwinder

Hardware cannot adjust clocks/voltages in precise 1MHz/mV steps. That's minimal adjustment step of SMC voltage controller.

Official AMD Overdrive (or Wattman) overclocking interface and unofficial overclocking interface (used by Trixx and optionally used by AB when you enable unofficial overclocking in options) have slightly different clock/voltage scaling and memory timings adjustment implementations. So you're comparing apples to oranges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.