Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Right that's me done with the game, I gave it 4 hours but I find it incredibly dull and just not fun at all. I seem to spend most of my time running, and the dying to a sniper/vehicle as I reach the objective. If sitting behind a rock for 20 minutes is your idea of fun more power to you, but to me it's boring as hell. It looks nice and runs well but that's about it, there's just no enjoyment to be had for me at least.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The map sucks, it's a BF reskin(UI etc) and from what i've seen so far in this game, i think i'll stick with TitanFall 2.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Performance wise I can't complain, a slight dip compared to BF4, but usually I run around with 130+fps at 1440p ultra 42% (100%) internal resolution scale, no artifacts, no crashes, and for me SLI support.

Yes, 144Hz changes the feeling of BF greatly ;)

Yeah it's true but the little one (the one all can take) is a joke... 20 damage to the smaller tank and only one to bring along isn't really helping since, unfortunately, not many realise you can unlock it.

Probably cheaper than BF1 ultimate edition :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  4. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Hey Guys,

Played BF1 last night for a couple of Hours. Had a lot of fun but died a lot too in the beginning till I actually had the Chance to upgrade to another Weapon, took the m1911 and Boy did that Change my chances to kill someone.

Got into the Headshot Feeling with this Weapon, from either up Close or a bit further away. The Difference between the Starting Weapon and the new and ugpraded weapon is really huge.

The Tanks are OP, hard to kill. And Snipers..Boy are there many snipers...I don't like them at all..this Needs quite some balancing.

The map is not really my Kind of taste, rather love Close quarter battles which are more intense, but that is just my personal Preference.

The Graphics are amazing..really...we had Sandstorms, Rainy and cloudy situations...makes the feel of the Battle a LOT more intense. Love how they pulled off the Weather Effects. Never seen anything this Intense in a Shooter before.

Love every bit of it.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Played.

Nice visuals obviously, maintained 60 fps with the odd drop to 58 at Ultra 1080p (45% resolution scaling), but the mouse movement even at 60fps feels juddery, though im going to put this down to my budget PS2 mouse that im using atm. Netcode seem fine from my end, didnt experience issue in that regard.

Neat for a quick jump in and shoot about when nothing else to play, but not something id pay more than a 20 for as i just dont see much longevity in it for someone who isnt an avid mp gamer these days. It'll take something pretty special to get me back into mp tbh and this just feels run of the mill/been there done that. Looks/plays like a SWBF reskin, that isnt really a bad thing here as i think the BF series can get away with it in a way that a Star Wars game was never going to (i know i was expecting more of SWBF).

I think BF fans will get this regardless so they'll do what they do, but for someone looking for a fresh mp game or an excuse to get back into bf/mp, there really isnt here that will keep you around for long and paying full price will certainly sour the experience even more. Pick up SWBF for cheap now and you get nearly the same game bar the theme.

Game does what says on the tin, but its just not enough for me. Its kind of strange, the gameplay is simple and straight forward like ive wanting a mp game for years now, but it just feels....generic, theres no hook.

One last thing, as for BF going back to its roots.....lol. If BF3 was the first BF ever released, then yeah, sure...why not.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  6. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Cavalry can have 2 light anti tank grenades at the same time and they replenish over time.

It also seems that people rarely use field guns to take out tanks, you see lots of tanks driving out in the open and almost nobody mounting field guns.

7. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Also what I also experienced is how People are just thinking for themselves..you start a new match, and a guy in a vehicle just drives off without thinking that others may want or Need a lift too. Everyone Plays for themselfs...kinda sad tbh as the game with Teamwork would be a lot better, was with bf3 and bf4 a lot better..since SW:BF everyone just basically Plays a solo game.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Id say that issue will most likely die out quickly after release as i dont see anyone except for the hardcore BF fans to stick around. That this is also a beta people will prably just be trying to check out as much of the game to evaluate performance and content, its not like your progress is going to stick (is it?).

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys anyone having the issue of not able to connect to online play? i have it since 1 hour now,,i cant connect it gives me this message
    [​IMG]

10. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    I hope not, I participate in the Beta to see if it is going to be worth it to pre-order, not gonna make the same mistake again like it was with BF4, that was just the worst BF Launch in History.

I hope that once the game Comes out, the Teamwork aspect will take place as People running around like maniacs and even Shooting at your teammates, lol.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    for me: i got answered the questions i wanted.
    1- slower pace=yes
    2-better looking game than bf4=yes
    i'm actually admiring the effects, the wind and sand effects, it's state of the art, i don't know why people complain about this game? no one is pleased these days....always a complain from someone, seriously guys give us a better game than bf1 currently on the scene or coming up and then complain.....!!!jeeze...

12. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    I think UI needs a little rework, but I do not expect that to happen. Maybe I will adapt, but still, all elements are placed out of context, some of them are too big, some of them are too small.

I bet that this Beta is like other Beta's before, is just for server stress.

Anyone experience game hangs when you try to quit match from loading screen?

13. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Gamers complain nowadays for every game that Comes out...no matter how good a game is, they always find something to complain as if everyone would be a game developer with many years of experience.

Last night...every and I mean... EVERY Match, People complained about something...oh this sucks..that sucks..this is bad..that is bad...Gamers have become such whinners it's not funny...

We had better Quality games in the past, but that doesnt mean current games are worst...the expectations from Gamers jumped over the past few years to oblivion.

I enjoyed SW:BF though the Content was very light..still had fun with it. Now BF1 seems just my Cup of Tea, why?

I like to be a Pilot and enjoyed it in BF1942 and BF Vietnam, BF2, BF3 but not in BF4...you start and fly...couple of seconds later, you get locked by many Anti-Air Missiles it's not funny...so much in BF4 was Auto-Lock this and Auto-Lock that. Remember the Dessert Combat Mod for BF1942 ? That was Fun! No wonder they got a Job with DICE.

Now with BF1 the pace is almost like in SW:BF, but you actually can enjoy not to get auto-locked by someone.

Could be the first EA Title to get the Ultimate Edition.

14. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I was VERY skeptical about the pace, and looked like from youtube they didnt change it. But they have actually changed it a bit.

I really, really, really like the walking now. Back to BF3s physical movement. BF4 was floating and they used this "capsule as your hitbox" or something which resulted player to slowly sliding on downhill, which absolutely sucked.

I very much dislike the damage on DMRs, as you have to bury 4-5 shots on enemy to kill'em. And I think all damages should be increased. Cannot wait for HC servers.

Other than that, I'm VERY impressed about beta.

15. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    1 Thing that bothers me atm is since I am playing left handed with a mouse on my left Hand..I had to readjust all control Settings...up,down,left and right for on foot vehicles,etc..

Funny Thing is..it only works on foot but not in the vehicles..vehicles are still being control with wasd even though I set it twice...seems like a bug. Makes it very complicated in a plane especially :(

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It runs really good, but i really dont like this map. Alpha map was much more fun to play, no wonder many arent enjoying this.

Party system isnt that sharp at the moment, took us about 5-10 minutes before it worked and put us together. But had a good few hours of play, really enjoyed it. Didnt bother messing around with loudouts etc, since its been reset and stuff

17. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    It runs really worse on DX12 than on DX11, at least on my card.

18. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
  20. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    I cancelled my pre order. It just reminds me of Battlefront for now. Dice should have released a better map . My Son wanted it on the PS4 . I got my beta key for the PS4 to try it. My Son does not want it either now and neither do any of his friends after playing the demo.
    I'll wait to see how it turns out in the end before I buy it again.