Is it worth downloading 372.54?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by nateluthje, Aug 19, 2016.

1. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    Try to use the newest inspector. Someone posted the link in the driver thread. Works fine for me with 1607 update.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, it's like people are thinking that they can install a driver and then go back a version if there are some issues. That's just completely impossible. I would suggest to not install any driver at all, ever.

3. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok, right off the back, I installed this driver along with win 10 x64(build 14901), and the sli issue that was causing major win 10 x64 gui problems has now went away and this problem has been going on for a VERY LONG TIME.

I have not used this drivers on any other win 10 x64 build other then this one so I can not say for sure if it will fix the issue but my God, finally this problem has been solved.

I was going to do send a bug report to nvidia but founding out now this drivers fixed all the problems in the past I had, very amazing to say at least.

Originally I thought it was the ClassicShell program was causing the issue, nope.

I was using the latest version: 4.3.0, along with 369.00 beta drivers and it was doing the same exact thing with the gui problems, now with theses drivers, everything is gone.

The gui problems with win 10 x64 will defint go away if you disable sli, soon as you enable sli, the problem will come back, took me months to actually pin point the where the exact problem was coming from.

My problems for instance with sli enabled:

Like right clicking on the time thingy on the bottom right and click on adjust date/time, this screen becomes all messed up, certain things won't show, certain things will, disappear or re-appear.

Right click on task icons on bottom of the screen, sometimes its all blank, the drop down menu.

Under pc settings, sometimes nothing is visible, when you move your mouse cursor, sometimes it will show up then disappear, its all messed up but soon as you disable sli, everything is back to normal.

Well with theses drivers, it don't have this problem, I am surprised no one has ever mentioned this problem before.

Doom plays very well with 4k dsr/Full screen, even tried @ 5k, almost 60fps, moves good.

Damn good drivers and so far very stable win 10 build.

Probably best win 10 build and nvidia drivers to date for win 10 x64.

Has anyone else had this extremely annoying gui problems before?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  4. I don't have any problems with 372.54 or 369.05 but I've rolled back to 369.05 just because they are faster in games I currently play... and slower in Time Spy but who cares...

Doom on Vulkan went from 182FPS to 178FPS
    ROTTR went from 135FPS to 132FPS

5. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    On a clean install of Windows 10, 1607, 14393.103, these drivers have issues with Fallout 4, pipboy is all dark, you can change the game settings to fix this, or use Geforce Experience to optimise the settings, there are also issues with the Remastered Monkey Island games, both instantly crash. I think this has something to do how the driver version changed, as rolling back to 368.81 fixes the crashing, and the Fallout 4 issue, without changing any settings. There were also a few odd crashes with these drivers. This is after using ddu, and reinstalling.

Lets hope the next version fixes these issues.

6. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    Heres a question for the thread starter. Was it not better to ask this question in the driver thread? Why was it so important to start a new thread instead of asking in the driver thread?

7. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Is it really so important to ask that question yet again?

He did it 10 days ago and people keep bringing it back up to the top... Surely you should look at those people instead of a person that asked something almost two weeks ago.

8. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    Works good, unless you are playing elderscrolls online.
    Microstutter and 20-30 fps drop with this driver on ESO with GTX 1060.

9. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    Yes. Maybe people might start asking the question in the thread already creat it ised instead of creating a new thread un necesarily

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think it's a great driver. All games work as they should but if I can complain on something, it feels like it's a bit less tolerant to GPU OC.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Lame driver full of glitches, dont bother.

12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    I am replying to you with same logic..read careful and think better before posting, I replied to him the sameday of his post,
    I mean LOL people!! Use your brain as you should before typing.

Sorry,couldn't resist replying..

13. pesticle

pesticle Guest

GPU:
    980GTX 4GB
    :stewpid:

Who cares if you posted the same day? Someone had already made the same point about the second thread being unnecessary before you, and then several others posted the same idea after that.

The guy you quoted probably doesn't give a **** if this thread gets bumped. You were the one who was so bothered by it, and now your ego has prompted you to bump the thread you dislike so much again and then ironically tell others to think before they post.

:infinity:

14. patrickisfrench

patrickisfrench Member

GPU:
    GeForce Titan XP @ 2.1ghz
    i've used the new build without any issues for a week now. also, the card is overclocked and seems to be very stable.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Idk which games you play, I assume only the very latest and yes its ok by most games, but at the same time it has a few glitches by others, its not consistent enough for me saying it great.

Atm at quadro variant if its any different, although it first bsod 0x124, on next reboot it was like nothing happened, Geforce didnt have that by 1st reboot.

Imo 369.09 is better as overall, the only "issue" here is r367 & r368 could TDR in 3dmark timespy. :grin:

16. rstalcup

rstalcup Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    No Issues

Installed this driver without issue, runs great, No problems at all, I don't understand all the complaints, Because I just don't havE any with this driver. Played No Man's Sky, Deus Ex, Wow, Sniper elite, Doom 2016, all smooth as silk, so I just don't see the issues others say they are having.

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Generally speaking a 124 BSOD is an instability in your CPU clocks.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yep, but it was a quadro quirk, happened one time with another quadro 368.xx, also by logon after fresh driver install. GF never had that..