Cannot record or take screenshots with MSI AB & RTSS

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by D2 Ultima, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080N x2
    I don't know if this is the right place to post anything, but I need some help.

Tonight, I've installed MSI AB and Rivatuner Statistics Server that came with it. I have HWiNFO64 installed which I'm using for the monitoring service. I tried to set up recording as well, but it does not seem to work.

Let me get some stuff out of the way:
    Driver version: 372.54
    Video format: External plugin - NVENC (also fails on MJPG)
    Balanced preset, low-latency un-checked, 40Mbps
    Container format: MKV
    Full frame
    60fps
    Framerate limit disabled
    Videos folder is set and opens correctly when I hit "view".
    Multithreaded optimization is set to automatic
    "Use dedicated encoder server" is checked, and the option in RTSS is enabled and set to 32-bit.

Screenshots are set to PNG and the folder checks out too.

NVENC benchmark manages about 123fps at 1080p.
    "Active 3D processes" when not running a game as far as MSI AB is concerned is "not detected".

I am NOT using MSI AB for any monitoring statistics as it isn't customizable enough for me; that's all coming from HWiNFO64. I have rebooted my PC since installing it after it didn't work with Overwatch. I have since tested with Killing Floor 2 and it still does not work. The hotkeys I have set simply do not allow me to check anything, however the hotkey for toggling the overlay that is set in HWiNFO64 works.

What can I be doing wrong? My hotkeys are set on my numpad, if that helps at all. I used to use Playclaw but lately it's causing WAY too many problems and they are not replying to my concerns, so I need another auto-hooking recording/screenshotting program with PC statistics in a customizable, toggle-able overlay which can use NVENC for minimal CPU hit (I have no access to quicksync because SLI notebook chipset). And this would be it... but it needs to work T_T.

I will submit any more information that is required of me, however I think I put about all that is necessary here.

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
  3. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080N x2
    Ok, that worked. Seems I had to set them with numlock off.

That's an extremely stupid bug, I'm amazed nobody found it until yesterday. Thank you very much for the help. I just set them with numlock off and when I turned back on numlock it worked fine.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

What's a nice company of "polite" guests coming to AB forum during these weekends. And I'm amazed that those who never used AB before come here for the first time with such attitude instead of simply learning a bit how to use application. Probably that's exact reason why Edward is not replying to your concerns in Playclaw forum?
    That "extremely stupid bug" is in fact a limitation of DirectInput hotkey handler vs traditional Win hotkey editor and it is documented for years. Learn to use search and RTFM. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.