Nvidia Geforce 372.54 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 16, 2016.

1. alldine

alldine New Member

GPU:
    RX 6600XT
    dude, what kind of OSD are you using? my msi afterburner didnt have such information like API mode.

2. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    The Doom build in one.

3. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    Is it necessary to hunt for drivers anymore? I always use the generic Microsoft ones for everything but my Nvidia card (I don't want all that extra crap automatically installed). I've never had any trouble this way, and I've been doing it since Windows 10 was released.

4. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT

5. alexander1986

alexander1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    does the problem remain if you use optimal power for global setting, but force maximum performance in the game profile for this particular game?

I read from another member if you do this then you will have smoother gaming because the baseclock wont be lowered in the same way as with optimal power/adaptive setting , during gaming..

not sure if it's related to your issue though, but could be worth trying

6. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    That's the built in Doom monitoring option.

7. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @ToasTinButtered did u ever try 60 fps ( Frame Rate Limiter v2 ) thru NVIDIA profile inspector?

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well this is with default profile.. Guess it reset it one time.. was just more of a heads up how crappy default profile is..

No i didnt try prefer max perf. Yet. Its usually the first thing I do by each profile.

EDIT:

Was about to post another bug;
    Evolve stage2 beta
    terrible and ugly fence square filtering issue surrounding player, but I fixed that with forced transparency AA 4×SS.

This is how it looked without TrAA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  9. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    That looks like Doom's built-in Performance Metrics display. You can enable it in the game by going to Settings->Advanced->Show Performance Metrics. Nightmare shows all stuff, the lower settings show less each.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  10. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG Guest

GPU:
    Titan X
    Got some video file will become pixelize when play with wmp and scale to full screen, media player classic didn't affect, and 368.xx driver don't have this problem.

11. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    This driver is working absolutely fine so far with my MSI 1070 Gaming for over a week now. Got this card new, don't have any comparison to other drivers.
    But no stuttering, crashes, whatsoever. But the card's overclocking capabilities apart from factory OC are very limited.
    Can hardly do any VRAM OC at all without corruption (Micron VRAM) and core clock of 2Ghz doesn't work without slight flashing corruption in Mirror's Edge.

12. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680

Try the other bios they behave differently. One has 120 the other 130 power for example. Also the fan curves are different.

13. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    After checking Gpu drivers, sound drivers and system oc at least 3 times, I've come to the conclusion GTA 5 cutscene animation is screwed.Gameplay is completely smooth using AA_MODE_METHOD_FREE_0x03, 4xSGSS Transp AA forced in inspector with FXAA in game.Graphics options maxed, except AA, advanced graphics maxed.Vsync in game.My slowdown during heavy particle usage was because I had 4xAA + TXAA in game set to on, dumb move on my part.

Currently have 368.95 hotfix installed so might retry this one later, but it's definitely the game cutscenes that stutters not actual gameplay.

14. gyigyo

gyigyo Guest

GPU:
    palit gtx 460 768mb
    yeah. ****ing NVIDIA I used r9 290 before and it was worked like charm, but it was too hot, and 300w tdp was ****ing high, so I switched back to NVidia because I mostly used NVIDIA cards, but now, right, now NVIDIA is a piece of ****, DX12 is a joke on NVIDIA, drivers is bad, whats NEXT? the drivers gonna burn the cards? I expect better things when I buy a high cost card.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I switched from a R9 390 to a 1070 and quite some games show less stutter and not having any visual corruption at all.
    Fallout 4's problem probably is related to it's own SSAO (which is terrible anyway) + driver bug, are you not using HBAO+?

16. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    All i can say, most of you experience user errors according to many nvidia forum members. So the problem with this driver is only a fragment of you imaginations , including me.

17. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    With gtx 970 i have shader-pixelated bug. Is this the driver?
    some example paragon:
    1}
    [​IMG]

2)

[​IMG]

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Go to nvcpl Paragon profile and try to force TransparencyAA, at least 2xSS if it goes away.. Also try driver FXAA instead of ingame (too blurry)..

I "fixed" my fences filtering issue by Evolve with TrAA 4xSS.. Although I remember old r367 branch was fine without driver forced TrAA..

Check my pics bellow how it looks without TrAA..

EDIT: Although I noticed it too one time, but not always - looked like streaming LOD issue..

I just checked my nvcpl Paragon profile and I had already forced TrAA 8xSS.. I was too busy fixing DSR, no luck.

19. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    For the TrSSAA setting to take effect, the game has to support MSAA, which is not the case for Paragon.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I mentioned if

Im not sure by me, but I didn't see it anymore after forced TrAA, although I wasn't paying much attention to it either, wanted to fix downsampling DSR.

btw Evolve doesn't have MSAA either, but TrAA eliminates these filtering squares on fence materials..

[​IMG]

At least by this new r372 branch, I didn't notice that with older r367, I had TrAA off..