Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Larger games have more assets I assume and bigger ones too so IO speeds really make a difference depending on how the game is optimized, some games are just slow regardless (Though still see improvements on a SSD of course.) but yeah hundreds to thousands of files and such to go through even with streaming the loading times will be a bit lengthy on a mechanical HDD.

This game does load a lot faster than DOOM(4) does for me though with something like Fallout 4 in-between mostly because of third party modified assets bogging down the engine which wasn't really made for such a increase in texture detail and draw distance and whatnot. :p
    (Witcher 3 loads surprisingly fast but yeah aggressive LOD's and a pretty robust streaming system.)

EDIT: And while not really part of this directly as a Windows 10 user and more so if you are part of the Insider program you'll sometimes get bogged down by a scheduled process scanning the HDD via RunDll32 (Customer Experience Improvement Program which is forced on you as a insider which does, things.) and that can really bog things down. :D
    (Pre-RS1 you could still opt out of most of the data collection stuff as a insider but that's completely locked now and modifying it via say group policy editing cancels the insider status until it's "fixed" as Win10 will call it.)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've read that if you only do the main missions it's pretty short but I tried sidetracking by doing one side mission. It really adds to the play time since it wasn't quite clear what to do. I have another one where I need to find a Rave Party Key which I have no idea where it is :p

So if you do everything I guess there might be 25-30hrs in it?

I've not checked thoroughly but I cant remember seeing the VRAM go higher than 5GB.

Agreed that loading times after dying (even if saving not far from the death location) is somewhat long (6-7 seconds).

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Length wise the PC Gamer review mentioned something like 8 hours if you only do the main story and around 30 if you do the side quests although difficulty level and individual play style will also affect this. :)
    Cliffhanger type ending too apparently, again.

4. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    That's a very bad example. A better shot would be get extreme close up to those walls. Then you will see the different. I play on Very High. As High, imho, lose immersion,

I'm loving the game, lots of places to explore, people to chat, side quest are very interesting from what I have attempted. Great great game. I totally ignored the main quest, just having a blast hunting down side quest and trying to find way to complete the side quests, chit chatting with npc., and look for log book, hacking computer etc to learn more about Mankind Divided world. I'm 20hrs in, barely got to learn how to shoot. :) So, how long is the game? that is determined by YOU! If you just play the main story, you probably missing 70% of this game beauty.

5. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    New patch just came out on Steam.

Here are the patch notes:
    Info source

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well I have a major problem with the game.Game doesnt add experience anymore?
    I'm stuck at 4050 points, and no matter what I do (kills, missions) my xp remains the same. :(
    Tried to go back, load a previous save, nothing helps.
    Anyone with this problem?

I want to play this game so bad!

7. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    1440p, everything maxed, no msaa/dof/blur/bloom - I get over 7200MB VRAM in use often and I'd say it hovers around ~6800MB. I average ~60-70FPS. Saw it dip to like 55 a couple times.

And yea, loading times do seem a bit long on my SSD but nothing annoying.

Didn't happen to try any type of exp cheats? Something like that happened to people on Witcher 3

8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    No not at all, I don't cheat in games...like ever.
    It's so frustrating really.I came from work wanted to play a little but no experience points....

9. SeRiToNiN

SeRiToNiN Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 6GB
    What's the deal with the ground textures? It looks more like a 2d flat texture spread across. It really sticks out because everything else looks really good.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Ehh...? Half-Life 2 with parallax mapping would look just as good if not better...

11. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    I have exactly same hard drive, so it's probably a bug in deus ex. In DOOM I had awful loading times especially when reloading a checkpoint, turned out vulkan was slowing it down for some reason, it didn't load game just waited on driver or whatever then loaded level in ~10 seconds. 372.54 solved this issue. And yes MD is using around 7GB on Ultra, which makes me glad I ditched 970:)
    You can try updating SATA drivers but I doubt it has something to do with loading in deus ex as you said other stuff is fine. I remember my old AMD system had awful SATA drivers and windows default ones were much faster.

12. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Anyone know how to access the picture frame in Director Millers office?

- TeKK

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i think it's something near the picture like a perfume bottle that you click

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You have to hit the sack.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The lightening wouldn't.

I think the main problem here is that the developers can still use a better animation and modelling team imo.

Game looks great but also kind of "stiff".

16. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Too broke for Mankind Divided so I bought Human Revolution which I'm 10 hours into and I'm wondering what the major improvements are from HR > MD? HR definitely has a few niggles that I hope were fixed or improved upon.

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    one crash after another

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah, experiencing crashes since the new update. 4 when loaded a savegame, pressed i for inventory...

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Better graphics obviously, but one of the biggest gameplay changes I'd say is ledge climbing in MD

And some tweaks to how augments work

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeap, crashes are back since the last patch..