Deus EX - Low perfomance?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ChaosPhoenix, Aug 24, 2016.

1. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    Just a quick question, how many fps do you get with Deus Ex Mankind Divided?

My specs aren't up to date. I've got a Gainward 1080 GTX GLH now, a better cpu and pretty much every game is around 80-100 fps in 1440p.

But Deus Ex in 1440p, Ultra settings with 2x MSAA, I'm getting 28-30 fps (no triple buffering). Without MSAA, it's around 58.

Anyone experiencing the same?

2. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    Yes. bull****-code

3. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Yea glad I didn't buy gtx 1080 knew it be weak in new games I'm still on 1080p

Well x2msaa take 30 fps so disable it use fxaa or smaa

4. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    DX12 support is supposed to come in mid september. Let's see what this brings..

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Playing the game fine at 1440p maxed out 144hz gsync with 2xAA in game.

No its not always 144fps, but it wont go below mid 40's.

Game looks amazing to me. I don't see much of a problem with it.

You can't really ask for much more at 2K full settings.

6. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
  7. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
  8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Use msaax2 with mfaa in nvida cp. Looks good, 40-50fps avg. all high and hardenend shadows etc. everything on. Not just ultra textures and detail.

9. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    Eidos basically just said, we need to buy a better graphic card ^^

"We are seeing people reporting performance issues when playing the game on Very High/Ultra settings with MSAA set to 2x, 4x, or 8x. We would like to emphasize again that these options are very demanding. We recommend everyone that is running at recommended spec or higher to start with the High Preset and MSAA turned off, and then tweak the options to optimize your experience."

10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    1) Turn off MSAA. Don't use it, as the performance hit is massive due to the amount of detail on screen.

2) Disable CHS completely, as it's bugged and actually reduces the shadow draw distance.

3) Don't use the in game benchmark utility to determine performance. It's exceptionally GPU bound and is not indicative of the actual game performance. The actual game will perform significantly better than what's shown in the benchmark.

4) Make sure you are using the latest drivers.

11. SeRiToNiN

SeRiToNiN Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Just seems like your typical after-thought PC port. Why is everyone STILL shocked about this in 2016?

"DX12 COMING SOON" is basically an excuse to leave everything running in an alpha code and actually finish it up at a later time, while focusing on the cash cows...I mean consoles.

Be shocked when a port actually works well, not when it doesn't.

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Around 60-80 on my config on Ultra in 2560x1600, but with slowdowns to ~40-45 from time to time. The lowest I've seen is 33.

Don't use MSAA in this game, it's a pointless resource hog with bad AA quality.

As Carfax said you may want to turn off CHS as they are of questionable benefit in quality while they may hit performance really hard in some places (most of my slowdowns from 60-80 are because of CHS for example).

I can tell you right now: since this is an AMD sponsored game it will sink NV's h/w even further while providing a boost for Radeons. Gaming Evolved for sure.

13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Cheers for heads-up guys, saved me some money.

14. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    Turning of MSAA and CHS helped a lot. But performance issues aside, I had my first crash because I was stuck in a menu and the exit button disappeared...

15. SeRiToNiN

SeRiToNiN Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 6GB
    To be fair, nVidia has been doing the same thing to AMD for more than a decade.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    And as far as I remember NV was heavily criticized for this for more than a decade. Don't see any reason to do anything differently to AMD in the same case.

17. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Step 1 is not to use MSAA. It's really unsuitable for most games in the past few years with newer methods of rendering, dunno why they've even made it an option instead of something more suitable.

That said, the TAA option provided in the game is decent. There's some rare cases of ghosting you'll notice, but that's the only blemish.

18. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Glad I saw this thread, definitely won't be buying the game now for at least another month or two. We'll see how DX12 changes things too.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol, the industry all over are touting 4k this 4k that, yet todays gpus that cost more than any to have come before them cant even break 60fps at 1080p (a now considered peasant resolution) in games that look like this half life 2 with enb mod.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  20. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Pure Hair to zero and get 10-20 fps more