Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Ok, confirmed open beta for insiders only 24 hours earlier. So 30.08

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes but I'm still unsure if one is enlisted for it as an insider, or if you truely get in earlier... they should somehow confirm it via email. Instead I got another email to save my platform preferences... I see a bad moon rising.

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Should be no prob, i think you'll get an email that you can play "earlier" now.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Where does it say 30th for insiders? on the official beta page it says 21st for insiders.

EDIT: I think i got way to excited, you have to register before 21st to be able to play it earlier and doesn't say you get to play on 21st as a insider. :bang:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    With the Sinai footage the game has reached new levels of absurd. Biplanes firing rockets..horses performing kills...

Meh what complete tosh. Sorry but game might be a load of fun but really...

7. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    ^ Blasphemy...but true.

8. deathroned

deathroned Guest

GPU:
    we should get a closed combat arena style grenade mode.

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    The rockets I found a bit absurd too... but ever been run over by a horse? A technique known since the dawn of mounted warfare.
    I believe it won't be as easy later on, people will stay mobile or in areas where cavalry won't be effective.

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I think they were mostly bred for the purpose and armoured. Plus to say the horse + rider wouldnt be effected and an instant kill is mostly what I find 2 arcadey. Plus whats not to say a guy with a bayoneted rifle couldnt stab/dodge?

Why not herds of stampeding cattle next...? A special power up location :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    They were called Le Prieur rocket

[​IMG]

and them in BF1

[​IMG]

And yeah horse back combat was brutal, horses are powerful yo!

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Sorry because something existed does that mean it should be included? I guess so according to DICE.

It's their game and if it's fun then why not? I just find it not only blatant "buy the game because of rockets and automatic guns etc etc" but just 2 much for my mind to accept. So if you buy into this thats ok.

Am going to wait till hopefully a WW2 battlefield game. Wonder if that will come with calling down nukes etc etc?

However one could argue if they didnt bend the truth or reality the game would be a Verduneque type game which would eventually fall flat.

So yeah for me it was the wrong choice of game then wrong design choices. Money wins!

I mean why not make x cash from a Bf1 and then a BFWW2 relaunch? For me it reeks of milking and that's another thing I find irritating.

Be milked but expect some to say they think it's fanciful crap.

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Not sure what your getting at? You said you found it absurd a biplane firing rockets, well they did so yeah :3

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Read what I write...or read some books about WW1.

If you dont get it sorry.

Guess it's just me that wants another title like the original bf1942 or something akin to red ochestra....

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I've read plenty about WW1 and yeah I get it, it was ****ing horrible for all involved and I doubt BF1 will portray that aspect in the MP at least.

but Vietnam was a ****ing horrible "war" too disgusting **** went down yet plenty of games based on it (battlefield twice!) and hell they were a lot of fun too and I didn't see people complaining I'm not even sure why WW2 would be more tasteful?

Anyways if you are looking for something more slower paced and WW2 I would recommend Day of infamy on steam. It's still in Early Access but its very polished.

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yep might try out day of infamy.

It's not about the disgusting side it's me irritated that they are taking anything they want from the period and twisting it to make the game more fun.

I.e all these sub machine guns and guys toting lewis guns. And the sights as well?

Not to many any nation using any gun etc etc. The list goes on.

Perhaps am more of a traditionalist but it's a bit of a stretch to call this a ww1 game. Perhaps they should have made some design comments originally saying "hey look we know some of you might find our butchery of History a bit much but we found that fun>hist accuracy to please take all what you see with a huge grain of salt".

The thing I liked about battlefields was the more realistic approach than say COD (well not the first two cods) but now you might have realistic effects etc and the graphics but the rest is bordeline baloney at best.

But perhaps that's what I'll do. Focus on the fun rather than any notions of what I think a WW1 game should be like.

And fair enough I probably wouldnt do it myself because I dont think I could make it a fun game. (done right).

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah that I understand, insta kills shouldn't be the thing. And also, trying to put on a defense with the bayonett would be a neat idea. Probably dangerous to get horse kills that way (or does it count as a vehicle destroyed? :D ), but I guess it was too hard to pull off or to timely to include it.

Still haven't played any of the Vietnam battlefields... maybe I should change that.

18. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Well, you know, although it's ww1 themed, they still want to make it as spectacular as possible for the masses, which will compare it with its predecessors.
    So yeah, it's to be expected there will be an overusage of automatic weapons and rockets and tanks etc etc.

While in reality those rockets and tanks lacked precision and effectivenes, I suspect Dice is gonna bend the truth just right there.

In good tradition Dice will release several nerf patches after initial release.

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    So now there's a plane with an anti-tank cannon plus the pricing is ridiculous.

Sorry I hope this fails and fails hard.

20. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Hey bud its just a game..away with you:)