Paragon Game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Fox2232, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I installed Paragon Game today. WTF!?! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - - - -
    Rage aside, More Rage!!!!!
    - - - -
    It is lovely game, but I do not even begin to grasp reason for which it attracts total imbeciles.
    - - - -
    And on top of that, game has tendency to tell you that files are corrupted and instead of fixing anything, it downloads entire package again. (known bug for months)
    - - - -
    So, I tried to play 1st match solo against AI (not to be lame in my 1st Coop match). On 4th successful gameplay where game finally did not decide that it is suddenly corrupted (And terminate itself + whole download thing), I finally finished And had overwhelming Victory.

I was quite positive, so I did jump into my 1st Coop match. The F* wrong with people? In Smite, I am bit above average player, so I do not embarrass others.

But here, I am like "Master Sergeant Extreme Master!", that's what game told me.
    And others? I wonder how some of those 'people' can even manage to install Epic Launcher and then Paragon. They probably have no clue how to turn ON computer.
    [​IMG]
    Those braindeads lost Left and Right Lane at time I pushed us through Mid Lane to enemy base. (So I had to repulse their lanes too.)
    And in same manner, they were not able to hold base against 2 lanes when I went to push 3rd. (So I had to return frequently.)
    Then they dared to give up one by one. In the End, I held base solo about 5 minutes before I finally lost.
    = = = =
    And btw, i searched for Paragon Thread. Even through google. So I think we did not have one till now.
    - - - -
    And game is CPU bound :/

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Played a couple round. auto-attack on minions gets really boring, at least with melee champ. But the game looks incredible.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Yes, game looks lovely. But if it came to steam, it would be eaten alive in less than a day with negative ratings due to corruption bug.

And I am genuinely afraid to play 5 vs 5. Because chances are that I'll get team of lame people whereas there will be pre-made team of 2 half decent players crushing us.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I just played vs computer so far ^^... I already know how toxic League of legend can be...!

5. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    LOL, sounds like the OP is carrying on the tradition....

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I found the game extremely boring. Looks pretty but that's it. Smite is much better if your looking for a 3rd person MOBA type.

edit: also, have you never played an online game before? There's very few games I play now that don't have toxic players. Dota2 is my favorite online game but I'm thinking about taking a break from that because its just gotten so bad in the last year.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I tried it. It actually drops under 60fps, not lower than 55fps on EPIC settings 1080p. Its not running bad on my system.

Your Fury X even paired 2500k should have no problems.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Those guys were not toxic. I even tried to keep morale up. They were just plain bad players who got themselves handled 1vs1/2vs2 against bots.

I really could not understand how someone does not score single kill and dies 19 times. Or so low creep kills.
    I had 90+ fps at maximum and even at minimum details. And in both cases GPU utilization was jumping between 100 and 0% quite rapidly.

And yes, I lowered effect details because I wanted to get rid of screen motion blur. I do not mind object motion blur much. But blur on everything from moving view is something I do not like.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Well to be fair, it is still a new game that a lot of people are trying for the first time. I don't know how the matchmaking system works but I would assume it would match you up with people with similar skill. Since it sounds like nobody has ever played the game before, that's why you are put with them.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well matchmaking does not have much info to work with (other than me clicking that I am moba expert), but I more question community. Those people got pwned by bots.
    And I considered those bots easy and predictable.

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Like I said, I don't know how the matchmaking works in that game but in Dota, even if you play unranked you still have a hidden ranking based on your previous games and the system tries to match you up with people with a similar ranking. I can tell the game I'm an expert all I want, it still bases it off your games played. If you've only played a few games then its not going to match you up with other experts.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    True. first 3 Single player vs AI crashed in middle to game bug (so probably considered as leaver + defeat). 4th I finished well. And then came Players vs AI.

That made me mad. (See OP :D )
    I did not blow up on those players, so I did let steam go off here.

13. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    When you first start dota it asks you how experienced you are.

Clicking the first option gives you a baseline level of 2000MMR
    The second option 2500MMR
    The third option 3000MMR

For clarification;

0-1000MMR = Terrible
    1000-2000 MMR = Less terrible
    2000-2500 = Average MMR
    2500-3000 = Experienced but still average.
    3000-4000 = Decent
    4000-4500 = Very good
    4500-5000 = The buffer between very good and pro level
    5000-6000 = Around pro player levels of skill. Difference between 5000 and 6000 solely depends on how hard you try and what heroes you pick to pubstomp.

If i'm not mistaken Paragon uses a slightly modified system of this.

14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

No it does not. Dota does not even begin to keep track until you reach a certain number of games played. Start a new account and see for yourself.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I did play few matches every day after that 1st match disaster matchmaking. (Where I clicked them as out-of-their-league.)
    And since then matches are rather good. Sometimes there are weaker players, but no longer someone who dies 20 times in match without doing anything useful like running into jungle and PICKING resources for which he/she does not have to fight.

Yes, game has mining facilities from which you collect resources by standing near. And you build them exactly same way. Just stand and wait.

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  17. BlackMistress

BlackMistress Guest

GPU:
    R7 370 4g, R9 280 3g
    I like Paragon visual part. Its great. Is game free now?

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I knew it would happen eventually.. but so soon? must be really bad then :grin:

EDIT: well Im installing it anyway, wanna see how pretty it looks :gfxwhore: lol

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    How can I override this gfx resolution limitation?

At 1080p Im usually 40-60%, Im sure I will be fine at 1440p or better yet 1620p DSR, but stupid game marks it as in red zone and doesn't apply??

Also ingame postAA is terrible, all blurry. Will test driver FXAA now.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok so I found its .ini config file,

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\OrionGame\Saved\Config\WindowsClient

it works but doesnt apply anything.. The game starts in maximized windowed mode then switches to FS and doesn't apply resolution, even after I manually set e.g. 125% or 1620p ratio.. Meh

I've reported the bug to devs, hopefully they remove this limit soon... 1080p looks so weak in this game, I need DSR :p