Nvidia Geforce 372.54 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Not seen anyone else posting that Win 10 Ver 1511 10586.545 is still using WDDM 2.0.

MS still hasn't pushed AU in the UK well at least not for me and i won't go chasing it while things are working well.

This new driver is running ok and NMS and GTAV do seem smoother on those for me.

Finally did A DDU safe mode delete/reinstall and had some issues with DDU 1.7.0.0 showing an error message and not working. After some retries and making sure DDU was admin it worked.

2. Autarch20

Autarch20 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    dude, everytime you reinstall drivers double check that your power mode is set to "prefer maximum performance" drivers install will default that back to "Optimal Power" i was freaking out too after installed my driver.

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i thought with these drivers that 980Ti`s had fast sync in the control panel.... ?

i still dont see it lol

4. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    FYI, fast sync is available for all maxwell users.

currently, i'm using 14393.67 gonna update 14393.82

5. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Don't get this?
    [​IMG]

Screenie is just to show setting, I would suggesting using per-application and not global.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    These drivers really do fix the stuttering bug in Doom with Vulkan enabled for NVidia cards :banana:

7. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Fast Sync makes a big difference in fast action games. Even with fps capped to 60 I can feel a big difference between regular vsync and fast sync. Nvidia recommends to use multitudes of your monitors refresh rate, so I tried 120 but haven't noticed much difference between 60. Also tried uncapped fps but that introduced some jitter to fast sync. So for me personally fast sync gives best results with fps capped to 60, which also doesn't waste too much power or generate too much heat.

One very big problem though, Fast Sync doesn't work in OpenGL/Vulkan.

8. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    fast sync working on Vulkan Dota 2

9. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    oh interesting. i only tried in DOOM which is the only Vulkan game I have installed.

10. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Do you happen to have Fallout 4 or PCARS installed? Those are the only 2 games I'm playing right now and I juuuuuuust got done configuring 369.09 just right with those 2 games. I'm curious to see if Fast Sync would make the frame times smoother in PCARS than standard V sync. Also wondering if Fast Sync can help Fallout 4 at all, since it has its own built in V sync kind of thing.

I'm on a 60Hz screen and I have RTSS capping globally at 60, so not real sure if Fast Sync would benefit me at all.

11. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Do you have to turn on in-game v-sync for it to work?

EDIT: No need to enable ingame vsync, NVCP overrides it fine. Just tried it on CSGO... it's not playable at all since what's in my view is skipping all over

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  12. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    no budget to purchase DOOM but most likely fast sync is support for all the games expect SLI configuration only.

i tested successfully on games like eg. Diablo III, Starcraft II, Torchlight II, Super Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter V, Mighty No. 9, Dota 2, CS:GO with frame limiter [~]61.8 fps thru NVIDIA Inspector Profiles.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    FastSync doesn't function properly anymore when you cap the Framerate, as it will bring back Tearing. I tested this in various Games with the FPS limit in Inspector set to 100.

14. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    indeed & v-sync must be turn off too.

15. psefergr70

psefergr70 Member

GPU:
    gigabyte g1 gaming gtx970
    I am having problem with powerdvd 16 latest version 1907 and 372.54.All videos play too fast and no sound.Anybody knows something about this ? is there a workaround?

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No performance loss and no crashing. The usual treatment of last generation cards from nvidia, yep.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This is really annoying... I'm going to disable video hardware acceleration in Chrome to see if that helps.

18. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    You are talking about a good 40-50% of nvidia market.
    Even gtx 580 OC holds up with 950 OC and 960 in many cases, but what do you know......

19. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti

No, I do not get that in my Nvidia panel.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Maybe because you have 3-Way SLI.