NVIDIA GeForce driver 369.09

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ BuildeR2 - It must have been a minor glitch in the original install because I used DDU v16.1.0.1 to do a clean reinstall of Cyris' v369.09 driver and now everything shows correctly:

[​IMG]

Whatever happened before though had no obvious negative impact on the games which were running fine. Likely it was just some leftover string in the registry from the previous v368.95 Hotfix driver I was using that was not overwritten by the v369.09 driver.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Installed yesterday, didn't notice any huge difference. Still hunting for those FireStrike points that I got with my old MSI card that I cannot get with my ASUS card despite higher clocks :D

3. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    Got +100 FireStrike Graphics points from driver alone. Maybe that's a coincidence, but it seems that this driver give better FS scores from vram overclock.

4. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    is someone experiencing problems with 1080,CSGO and multi display?

My friend has weird movement in csgo while streaming and while using OBS preview,chrome twitch chat and curse at second monitor.

With stream and everything open he has 70% cpu usage and 100-150fps in CSGO,without streaming and everything closed 250-400 and 35% cpu usage. Windows 10 64bit. It happends without and with anniversary upadate. Also mouse movement is crappy as hell, like sometimes microstuttering and cutting

i7 5820k, 16gb ddr4 quad channel,gtx1080,750W gold PSU, msi X99S gaming
    Asus 144hz 1440p monitor and secound one lg 21:9 2560x1080 60hz, drivers version 368. something (the newest from nvidia site), we will try 369.09 soon

we tried changing OBS encoders, playing with hardware accelerations, changing quality, playing with nvidia 3d options, tried all startup parametrs for CSGO and everything, disabled xbox dvr, we also deleted everything connected to telemetry and windows xbox apps, apps priority, high performance mode in nvidia and power options, we also updated whole drivers for motherboard,lan,chipset etc

the problem only occurs in CSGO, other games are working flawless.

Help please, monster PC and cant play CSGO for now :\

@edit : 369.09 same issue

5. Han2K

Han2K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 GX
    I noticed that too. Seems oc vram has a little higher impact on performance with this driver.

6. Nvidia game driver next week, confirmed on their geforce page! Right on tome for major betas and releases.

7. Ungeheuer97

Ungeheuer97 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    AMD already released a hotfix driver with optimisations for NMS. Meanwhile, NVIDIA have delayed their game ready driver until next week. Also, no Ansel support at launch. Good job, NVIDIA.

8. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    we need an optimization driver for NMS, its performing terrible on my GTX 970, between 35-60fps.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I was under the impression NMS problems were game related?

No issues with in two old games (Fear/Batman AC) and two new (The Division/Doom) games.

10. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    same here, rise of the tomb raider its performing fine, but i think we will need a fix for maxwell maybe, because seems like pascal doesnt have any stutter.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I see the AMD have released a driver for No Man's Sky but NVIDIA failed to release one of their so-called "Game Ready" drivers for the game on Friday. I must admit to being quite surprised by this as it is usually AMD who are slow to support new games and NVIDIA have always had new drivers out a day or three before major new games were released.

Not so sure that a new driver will fix the issues with the game anyway but when I first started playing it I was noticing my graphics card dropping down to 2D clock speeds with some truly atrocious hitching and sub-30 fps performance; the game stupidly starts off on medium presets at 1080p with a 30 fps... in other words PS4 settings with no option to change them before it starts (clearly Hello Games have given no consideration for the platform it is running on here)! A per-game profile would definitely have helped there, forcing 3D speeds throughout the opening section until I got the chance to tweak the settings (which also require a restart! Hello 1999!!!).

12. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ^^slow is not a big deal since i'm not interested with that game. i wanna see huge improvement & more stable driver. no need rush~

13. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Lately AMD has been quicker with driver updates with support for new games and some games that have been supported by AMD drivers since launch still don't have proper profiles on Nvidia cards (don't get me wrong, with many games it's still the other way around, but AMD has become better in that regard while Nvidia has been slacking a bit lately).

That sounds rough. Do you have the GOG or Steam version? People are telling me the GOG version supposedly performs better (although it's still a messy console port, apparently, although I hear the PS4 version has all kinds of problems as well), but I don't have the game myself to try as the €60 price tag is a bit expensive, especially since I just bought a obscenely expensive new video card just last week.

By the way, does the game have proper Flightstick support when you fly with the starship? And how is the space combat aspect if there even is any?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]

Oh no how can we play the game without a "hotfix" from NVidia!?

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I don't have a lot of experience with many games, I mainly focus on a few at time.
    But my experience is game ready never really was needed, the games worked right out of box, even ones that said "warning your driver needs updating' type pop up when run.
    Good example was BF4, as my memory of that release was stuttering, not smooth in early part, but from my memory the fix was more on game Dev, patches, then the vid drivers.
    Now every game is different , and I am sure some needed "game ready" driver to run good, but overall for me is no.
    I only update drivers every few months intervals.

16. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    lol..

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Both TB and LIRIK live on stream (1080/Titan X) ware complaining how fps drops to single digits from those 90fps. TB even ended up stream becouse game was broken.

So yes, you need a hotfix driver.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    A driver is not able fix a broken game though.

19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Different rigs different fps in some arenas.

20. Ranguvar

Ranguvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW @ 2.1/9.3GHz
    Game is a stuttering mess even if average FPS is 110.

Whether it's driver side or game side, patches are needed.