World of Warcraft: Legion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Be careful doing that, you can save money for sure but there have been a lot of people reporting missing codes from pre-order editions. Which of course means someone is taking them out of the physical copies and selling them on key sites, so you could get screwed either way.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yeah, either after maintenance(6 am) or when weekly reset happens(9 am).

3. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
  4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You can, but that works out about £10 more expensive for some reason. Even buying physical pre-order editions costs a lot less than going directly through the Blizzard website, or at least did until they sold out. That's one of the reasons I warned against buying from key sites, people have been opening the pre-order editions and taking the keys out in order to sell them on those websites. Unless you desperately must have early access to the DH class, I'd advise just popping out on launch day and picking up a copy from a local games store.

Still, open it in the shop to make sure the key is inside if you do.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Cause i'm guessing a pre-purchase gives you the early access to the Demon Hunter. If i look online, there are 2 different type of keys, pre-purchase and pre-order.

I guess buying from Blizzard also gives you access as you buy Legion directly from Blizzard and adds it to your account.

What i am sure of is IF you buy a pre-order key from a 3rd party seller you don't get it before official release.

6. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I don't understand why places like Amazon don't just give you a digital key for early DH access like they do with so many other pre-order bonuses. They did it for overwatch beta, I don't get why not for this too.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Well at least you can't steal kills anymore, if multiple people hit it they get the tag as well.

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    So is it just me or does draw distance 10 offer almost no benefit over 7? They said that they tripled the view distance but 10 makes a few little things here and there pop out of the fog but still stay veiled in shadow. Maybe more like 1.15 times the distance that it was originally. The biggest difference the setting makes is the hit to the frame rate.:funny:

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I haven't played around with it. I just know I can see Bastion of Twilight from Elwynn Forest which is kinda crazy.

10. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    If I'm flying above org, as high as I can go, at 7 I can see the world tree but veiled in shadow, if I turn it up to 10 the only extra thing I can see is a large building or something near it. In the other directions the only extra things I see are a few mountains, all veiled in shadow.

11. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I'm going to get Legion for sure but is it worth buying and playing it now? What can you do before its official release/the level cap is unlocked?

12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Demon Hunters become playable after the server reset (so later today), there's also going to be an event leading up to the launch. I just resubbed today, going back to Horde and I wanted to get my chars up to 100 in preparation.

Update: The server reset was pretty quick, servers were back up within an hour. I played through the DH storyline and found it very enjoyable, what little I've played in getting my DH to 100 was impressive and I look forward to spending more time with the class. I also did a quick legion event, which was pretty fun.

Can't wait for the full launch.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  13. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Wow I'm of the totally opposite mind. I love how the demon hunter plays, I love the zone and I love the story involved. I think it's the best WoW content yet. The mobility of the DH is the best part.

14. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Demon Hunters are underwhelming at best. I thought they were supposed to start at level 70 but level 98? So at the end of the month you have 10 levels to go through, big deal.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    DKs werent super fun during the first levels either in LK. They gradually became more powerful and finally they were super OP until later nerfed. Give your DH a proper chance, hopefully you'll like it later on.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Well they're missing most of their talents so yeah...

17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    As I understand it they only have 2 trees because it didn't make sense for them to be a healer obviously, and a second dps spec would have been pure filler.

But again, judging them when you are not even max level is a bit unfair :)

18. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Every class has been simplified though, my warriors rotation is just as simple now. I'm sure they had to simplify because by the time you get to 110 if you had all the abilities you had before and then some it would be too much. You can only rotate through so much in a fight and not to mention you wouldn't have room for all those buttons.

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    DH's are tuned to 110, that should be pretty obvious. Even so, the limited options we do have feel very powerful, and the mobility is extremely good compared to most other classes. It's a heroic class, the intent is to play at max level with them, not spend days on end levelling up from the start of the game. You get 12 levels to enjoy if levelling is your thing, similar as the last heroic class, albeit that was 58-80.

If you want an 'advanced' rotation with tons to do, you're pretty much out of luck at this point. The vast majority of classes are easy to play, the focus is likely to come on boss mechanics, at least for PvE. PvP is going to depend on the new system in place.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Haha yea. My DK is like four abilites, my hunter is also four, it's really simple now. Healing is still pretty diverse though I've only properly tested my Druid who has at least 6 skills that are used through a dungeon.