MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamthe0ne23

iamthe0ne23 Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) 12GB
    Understood. I will retest. Thanks all, looking forward to future releases :)

2. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I was been polite.

I have no issue with making profiles, but having to remember and run a hotkey every couple of days is a bit of a pain so yeah. Some of us want a "set and forget it" process.

Far easier to add a automatic routine to the app to apply every X amount of seconds, or even better for nvidia to fix this stupid bug.

If we used your argument I could say why implement profiles at all? after all it only takes a few seconds to set power, clock and hit apply right at each boot?

3. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Not confident of a quick resolution to the driver bug, nvidia are acting like I am the only one who has reported it and are asking me silly questions like have I updated windows. Trying to tell them others have the problem as well.

4. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    I recently have issues with MSI Afterubrner (newest 4.3.0 Beta 4) that I didn't have for a very long time.

With the newest update of Windows 10 the anniversary update the msi afterburner seems to not always set\detect overclocking values.

It seems to work only the custom fan control, voltage control but the Core/Memory clockes are not always setting.
    Sometimes it works sometimes not, Im not sure why is that but my guess is that Anniversary Update brings something to the system itself that It's interfereing with MSI Afterburner, as on the prevously WIN 10 1511 update there was everything OK.
    Drivers on what with I was tesing was prevoulsy Crimson 16.7.3 and now the new 16.8.1

If you guys know any solution for my problem, I would be very gratefull.

5. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    EDIT: Seems fixed in newest 16.8.2 Hotfix drivers.
    All clocks sets fine, working good so far, no issues.
    So it technicly means that 16.7.3 and 16.8.1 wasn't really fully compatible with Win 10 aniversary update, and was struggling getting proper clock managment.

EDIT2: ****, today, still the same don't working. I see its time to revert from aniversary update to 1511.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  6. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
  7. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Hi guys how are you?

Are someone with Memory clock bug after the new Nvidia driver released today?

372.54 Aniversary Update

The memory usage always appears a huge number something about 437890876

I already closed the rivatuner and afterburner opened again and nothing, restarted the pc and nothing also

Using 1080 SLI and 4.3 beta 4

EDIT: At Nvidia Foruns a guy with 980TI SLI has the same issue with new driver, i`m trying to get more info and more cases about the bug

EDIT 2 : Reverted to the old driver and everything is working like a charm again, so the issue is with the new Nvidia Driver and SLI owners as i tested here, another issue with the new driver is that the core frequency from the cards are lower than with older driver, with older driver by default i get 2063 and with the new driver with same scenario i get 2050 with afterburner

Any news about a fix?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  8. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Yea, I have this issue also. Msi ab works after installing it, into the same dir seems enough. Also,while ab shows the wrong clocks/memory usage before you have reinstalled, gpu shark/gpu-z and precision xoc show the correct values.

Ps. It seems I need to reinstall msi ab after every time I install the 372.54 driver.

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Avoid posting "I have this issue" if you have no ideas what are you talking about PLEASE.

10. Kulagin

Kulagin Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    I've got some bug reports and feature suggestions.
    • Bug. When you set SendToTrayOnClose=1 in MSIAfterburner.cfg and you close windows using cross here:
      [​IMG]
      It does minimize to tray. But when you click close afterburner window in the taskbar:
      [​IMG]
      It doesn't minimize to tray. It closes the program completely and you have to launch it again.
    • Feature request. I want to have afterburner icon in the tray section(close to the clock in the bottom right corner) all the time and not only when afterburner windows is minimized.
    • Feature request. Some people might as well want to have afterburner icon pinned to taskbar even when afterburner is minimized to tray icon(minimized by pressing on cross in AB window, minimized by closing from taskbar or minimized using underscore symbol in AB window) but not when the whole program is closed. Using default windows features you can only pin program to taskbar permanently and it will show icon in the taskbar even after you close program completely, stop program's services or even uninstall the program.

Here's dedicated thread with detailed explanation of everything:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5321573#post5321573

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016

11. Unwinder

That's not a bug. Try to RTFM and read about SendToTrayOnClose before claiming that it is broken.
    And no need to clone threads, I've perfectly read the first posting and ignored it not just for fun.

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    You need to learn to be polite to people.

13. Unwinder

You need to develop your own tool, spend a few hours per day during 10+ years on supporting it and demonstrate yourself how to be polite there. Probably then you'll learn that some things absolutely need to be ignored.
    And seriously, your numerous childish attempts of personal attacks since v4.3.0 beta thread are starting to be boring. That's the last warning and the last request to stop it.

14. zioihna

zioihna Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX980TG1
    Probelm : Frame Rate no-visible.

I apologize for my bad English, but I have a problem.
    I can not set the "Frame Rate", the line "Frame Rate" I see the check but in gray, and does not let me do anything.
    You can help me?
    Thank you

15. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Click right on the gray check mark itself.

16. zioihna

zioihna Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX980TG1
    I tried it and it does not work, the right mouse button is not enabled but only for the row FPS, with other functions enabled.
    I can not understand.

17. Unwinder

Reread boogieman's posting carefully, you've misread it. You don't have to use right mouse button, you have to click right on the gray checkmark on "Framerate" line in the list of active hardware monitoring graphs.

18. zioihna

zioihna Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX980TG1
    I thank you, and I apologize for my stupidity.
    Everything is OK now!

19. gtbtk

gtbtk Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    I think that I may have found a possible bug with the timings of vram voltage control on Micron memory MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 (86.04.26.00.3E bios) using the latest 4.3 beta. That particular card uses a different default bios to the Samsung memory variant (86.04.1E.00.41) so I will concede that it could also be a firmware bug from MSI or it could just be a different timing requirement cause by the combination of the timing requirements of the different components

The bug shows itself is with regards the overclocking of vram:

Scenario 1 - Turn the slider up to +600 and hit apply will result in checkerboard artifacts and a machine lockup. that appears not to be the case with the samsun memory card.

Scenario 2 - Lock the voltage in the voltage/clock curve window and you can apply +600 memory overclocks without getting the artifacts.

scenario 3 - flash the Gaming X with a micron memory Palit 1070 bios and a high overclock without the voltage lock does not appear, in my limited testing, to cause the checkerboard artifact crash.

My hypothesis is that the micron memory chips speed to switch to the high clock speed exceeds the ability of the memory VRM to ramp up with the curve that is baked into the MSI vbios for the card.

I don't think that we are seeing the same issue with the Samsung memory versions of the MSI 1070 cards because either the voltage ramp up is more aggressive in the Samsung version of the bios or the Samsung chips may be slower to switch to the higher clock speed. I have no way of actually measuring any of this but just using some deductive reasoning.

Is there any way that Afterburner can me modified so that the command that triggers the memory clock change on the micron version cards can be delayed by a number of milliseconds to allow the Memory VRM to get a sufficient voltage ready for the memory chips when they start running at the higher clock speed?

20. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    The latest beta isn't recording sound. All videos are without sound track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.