The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    :rpg:I'll have to try Dying Light with my OC I have a enb Graphics mod which makes nights super dark and realistic along with other lighting touches so it should test it to the fullest. Also been dying to play it again ; p

Also I don't have GTA V on PC only on PS4 cause I'm lazy lol. Didn't wanna spend all that time modding the damn game. Also yes firestrike crashed on that OC once I'll try again.

2. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    You know these values are based on the base clock the card has. So better compare not them but the max boost clocks also while the boost on different cards is also in wide range from 177MHz thru 190MHz to 203MHz on different card models. Your OC is not that bad. Considering boosting in 2100 area is not all GP104 are capable of.

3. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Hello, I don't want to be mean or discouraging, but apparently the AERO OC seems to be limited by BIOS for how much power you can adjust over the default to reach an high overclock: Only 105% (+5%) compared to 115 or 120% on other 1070s!

http://imgur.com/a/DV3Co

I believe it's because the AERO OC is the most affordable one and they don't want the owners of this cheaper card to reach the levels of the ARMOUR/GAMING X.

All for all, you can still reach a decent overclock of these AERO cards but I'm uncertain to go full water block would result in significantly higher results. I mean, for sure the temperature is gonna low and leave a lot of headroom but the only +5% Power Limit seems to be a limiting factor here as I don't' reach max temp yet with the stock cooler... I just wanted tell you before you install that overkill cooler. You might reconsider

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  4. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Almost all 1070 max oc is from 1950-2050. Power doesn't matter really even cheap reference cards can oc high. It all depends on gpu chip silicon lottery.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This, all you get from more expensive cards is better cooler/noise/visuals. But mainly it is luck based.

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Its official. I'm in. :thumbup:

This is one seriously good looking and HUGE card!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Enjoy it Koniakki, it's a great card. Time to heat it up! :eyebrows:

8. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Post a follow up how it fits and compares to stock/non-ref one from original manufacturer please.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just installed my MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC with the Arctic Accelero Xtreme 4.

Ran Heaven on Ultra for 30 Minutes and the Core Temp settled at 48C with the Fan Speed not going any higher but 33% ;) The Card itself Boosts to 1936 MHz and stays there all the time. The Stock Cooler went close to 80C and ramping up to 70%.

As far as fitting the Xtreme 4 goes, it was all new to me as previously i dealt with the RAM and VRM Heatsink versions.

The only small obstacle i ran into was one of the Clamps for the Backplate not fitting next to the DVI Connector. But that was fixed by filing out a little square from the corner. The only thing i could not fit was the Support Bracket because the plate where it's attached at the PCI Brackets is 2 MM too wide, so the screws don't line up. I can fix that with more filing, but i settled with the ziptie solution. After all the card barely sagged due to the extremely sturdy backplate.

The whole installation took quite some time tho, roughly 2 Hours mainly because of triple checking and being extremely careful. Didn't run into any awkward things, it all speaks for itself as a self PC Builder.

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I get Arctic Coolers on my Videocards because i'm a sucker for silence, i don't really OC anything but my CPUs.

Anyways, the AERO is currently doing 1936 MHz without any tweaks as i mentioned in the post above.

11. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    :banana:It is a lottery because with mine I'm getting 2087Mhz stable for all games and 2113mhz with most games with the Gaming X.

Need to do more tests but for 1080p The card is an Omega beast and now I'm happy to have the hot rod in there cool and performing great.:coffee2:

12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    No stress tests yet but idling at a steady 31 degrees :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Mine idles at 27C with the Accelero Xtreme 4.

14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Nice bro! :thumbup:... Enjoy your card dude, can't wait to fire up some benchmarks and games...wish I could've skipped work today lol! :)

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It was a much needed upgrade from my 4 years old GTX 680 ^^

I sold that one within 15 minutes for 100 Euros as well... good stuff! :D

16. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    to Koniakki and Dragondale13:

Really nice gaming machines! I appreciate to see your colorful FPS eaters!

and to TheDeeGee:

I'm glad you installed it without issues! That Accelero Xtreme 4 is an inspiring cooler! Gg

17. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Gainward gtx 1070 phoenix golden sample here,

2050 mhz out of the box, me happy :D

Stupid MSI with their 500€ price tag couldn't even deliver a card that goes beyond 1925mhz.

Palit/Gainward are good guys. MSI very bad. :p

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well I just ordered my GTX 1070.

Its an EVGA GTX 1070 Gaming FTW edition $10 bucks more than the SC version Plus better power phasing with 2 8 pin power connectors.

19. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Dude, you got a palit gamerock.

Besides, they are asking for a premium, with their cards costing the most. Should at least deliver.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It does deliver more than the Founders Edition.

You're just finding an excuse to bash a company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.