WC pump power issue

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Pyrage, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Hey guys, so I got a corsair h110i and I have a question regarding what's the proper way to power it.

I've read in a few places that some mobos don't supply a constant voltage to the pump which can break it. Is that true? Like should I try to plug it directly to the psu?

I've noticed some erratic temps so far, sometimes after a cold boot my cpu temps start to spike every few seconds even while idling, going from 30c to 55c and it keeps stuttering like that, but sometimes that doesn't happen and the temps become constant.

So all that got me a bit worried so I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Can you check at what speed running yours pump ?

Usually should be running at Performance mode around 2880RPM and at silent mode at 1800RPM

I've H100i V2 and I'm powering pump from fan connector and I've set there max RPM or Full mode on this fan

At what program are you reading the temps,I would suggest download SIV64

http://rh-software.com/

This one can control yours pump and fans etc and I use that as my main monitoring SW

And lastly which one CosairLink SW are you have installed ?

Please try turn off CorsairLink and monitor temps through the SIV64 and report back,what temps and at what speed yours pump is running ?

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

3. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I'm using the "water pump" connector from my mobo, it doesn't let me see it's speed. I've tried to plug it into a cpu connector while setting it to max speed but there was no difference.

I didn't even bothered with the CL stuff, I just installed it now to see if it mattered but nope. I'm going to try to connect the pump straight to the psu and see how it goes.

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

What speed is reporting any monitoring SW,please use CPU fan connector and test again

Download above SIV64 and check core temp and CPU package temp too and there you should see too Pump speed

I know on earlier models you can use SATA connector,on those new Corsair they're switched to CPU fan

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

5. JulieCMattern

JulieCMattern Guest

GPU:
    Thank you all