Radeon Software Crimson 16.7.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kasper93, Jul 9, 2016.

1. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Where did you find I didn't liked it when there were no drivers?
    All I say is a small patch would be more efficient opposed to uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for a new fix.
    Seems reasonable to me, but ah well, some people.
    Cheers.

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I dont even unistall nowadays...i just update them without problems!!!

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Me too... No issues so far *touch wood

4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Think I found the answer myself, was in task scheduler to remove some lame MS schedule to run hardware I don't even have anymore and noticed that AMD updater is in task schedule and is scheduled to run every 5th and 25th of the month! Changed it to check daily.

5. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Just Installed this Driver..:D

[​IMG]

6. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW [SLI]
    I have not been able to use Crimson drivers since 16.5.1 - As soon as the driver installs, it goes black screen and puts my triple monitors into powersave mode. They are connected via Displayport, and MST (DP1.2a) and they simply do not work ever since 16.5.1 - 16.6 was the first occurence of the issue, the monitors will actually display if I power cycle them, its like it wakes the displayport back up, but once its awake I am unable to turn on crossfire either. 16.5.1 works perfectly, without issue, just something has changed in the newer release driver that instantly causes this issue - I have submitted bug reports with all preliminary troubleshooting done (DDU, Uninstall drivers, test cards individually, reinstall OS, etc - nothing has worked)

AMD doesnt seem to care about this bug, I have seen reports of it affecting both R9 280X and R9 290X, has anyone seen any sort of resolution to this?

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    When I install drivers for my cards, be them AMD and nVidia, I've always installed the base driver and whatever grayed out items, HDMI audio driver/3D driver/GF Experience/AMD Gaming Evolved software are definite no go for me.

8. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    are you running any sort of overclock outside of crimson? for fun, have you tried setting your software to stock settings before installing? crimson seems to want to steal overclock settings and make them default, causing all sorts of issues

9. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Not sure if this is related, nor have I installed 16.7.2, but I've been having some odd issues with black screens while installing the latest few driver versions. During the installation all my 3 monitors go black for a long period of time (minutes), but I can see the mouse cursor. Sometimes if I move the mouse the update rate is so slow the cursor seems to jump around randomly once a second or so. After a while the driver installs and I get the Windows UI again, but everything is glitched and very slow/laggy. I click Restart in the Crimson installer and at this point it takes another few minutes for my PC to actually reboot. After that the driver is installed and working correctly.

10. everybody

everybody Guest

GPU:
    AMD 8970m 4096mb
    I had black screens as well during installation a couple of times. For me it was the tv which was connected via HDMI. When I unplug the second screen I get no more black screen. Hope it helps.

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Sounds like a Windows service not restarting fast enough, or some kind of device initialization being really slow. Have you tried cleaning with DDU before installing the new driver?

12. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW [SLI]
    Yes I tried that. Currently have 16.7.2 installed, and when windows starts up, it starts up to a black screen. If I power cycle my monitors, the displayport gets reinitialized and it comes up. I have seen this issue reported on quite a few AMD threads, but nobody seems to pay any attention to it. I submitted it to AMD as a bug report, but I dont know that they have formally acknowledged it because its not listed as a problem in any release.

I also cannot set the global "Crossfire" setting to "On" or it cylces the monitor to power save mode, with no signal, and then when I do the turn off, then on fix, the display comes back up, but the crossfire toggle is still set to "off"

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I would also try turning off Windows 10 Fastboot

14. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW [SLI]
    Fastboot is disabled (I turn hibernation off by default), same issue. Has occured since 16.6 drivers. 16.5.1 is the last functioning driver for me.

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Have you checked for firmware updates for both your monitor and or your GPUs?

16. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW [SLI]
    Video cards haven't had a firmware update in like 3 years, and the Dell Ultrasharp monitors do not have customer serviceable firmware.

The issue doesn't happen with 16.5.1, only happens with 16.6+ - definitely something AMD changed with the newer releases, the issue happens the moment the new driver gets installed.

17. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I haven't, I didn't really troubleshoot much since I have a graphics card upgrade coming in the mail, so not much point to mess with the current system. The drivers installed fine after a good 10min though.

18. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I had to UNINSTALL 16.7.2, because after 3 hours of use, I suddenly got a visual glitch on my screen... The left part of my screen was flickering with a fuzzy vertical line. And it got worse real fast, my audio started randomly popping.

It was definitely the driver; not my 290X or my Projector. As soon as I used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the driver and reinstalled the older driver 16.5.2.1, the problem went away!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  19. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    they still have not acknowledged it.. anytime you increase your clock, crimson makes it a default, but it doesn't add voltage. so when it re-initiates the driver, if the power isn't there, you get blackscreen crashes. if you watch with gpu-z, increases take effect, but when you decrease the clock, nothing happens, unless you go into crimson, overclock settings and reset.. then it all of a sudden it resets to the new lower clock setting.. so before you install. try setting to the stock clock, reset crimson settings, then install

20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I know that a lot of people snub it, but please give 5 minutes of time and report it.