Nvidias latest 2 drivers are bad

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by horizon011, Jun 28, 2016.

1. genbrien

genbrien Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980
    got some problem with my laptop for a good 1-2 month.

Each time there is a new driver, I uninstall it with DDU and reinstall the new one

But since a while, I get an error for NVPCL.DLL

I install the driver, like 368.69, and everything is fine if I dont reboot. Nvidia control panel is there, I can assign my GTX770m to a game, etc

As soon as I reboot, I get the error, can't acces NCP and games runs only on my integreded GPU instead of the dedicated.

Help would be appreciated thx

* I can't install neither Geforce Experience because I get an other error at startup
    ** ran CCleaner to get rid of bad things... without succes

2. dreamlord

dreamlord Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    i also have problems with 368.xx (skipped 364 and 365) on my windows 7 x64.

sometimes mouse pointer starts showing endless loading circle, like some process is still active and it stops only when i reset my pc.

on 361.xx and 362.00 no such issue at all.

3. Salem13

Salem13 Guest

UEFI bootup, DX12, virtual desktop, Cortana, Xbox Live on PC, the list is pretty long.

So is coolweb search, popularity isnt all that.

LOL, Buggy OS.

4. Salem13

Salem13 Guest

And honestly, congrats on everyone who has learned from decades of experience to treat Windows versions like original cast Trek movies, skip every other one.

95 yes
    NT 4 no
    98 yes
    2000/ME no
    XP yes
    Vista no
    7 yes
    8/8.1 wasnt all that bad but still
    10 yes and very much yes cause it's free and not for much longer.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    368.69 is working well on my current install of windows 10. With older versions from 368.xx, I had weird issues like stuttering scroll bar, general instability, and sometimes artifacts in videos. I don't have Doom & FO4 to test anymore though, those two games showed a noticeable decrease in performance v/s 365.19.

6. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    When you're in the video card making game popularity is everything.

Let's review: the op said the last two sets were bad and despite him actually running 10, three guys attributed the issues to running a "dated" os; specifically, 7. That's nonsense.

If nvidia is going to make sure their drivers run on an os, they're going to try their best to make sure they run on the os that's used in half the machines on the planet. Doing otherwise would be committing suicide.

Yes, 7 doesn't have an app store. There's no video card or driver on the planet that cares about the app store... or cortana, or xbox live, or virtual desktop, the list is pretty long...

And yes, 10 still buggy. My copy isn't, mostly cause I've disabled or deleted all that fancy new **** that matter so much to some people. Just found out that my Sister in Law's copy has apparently been trying to install the same update for 3 weeks. Quick search shows she's far from alone. That list is long too.

7. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    NT 4 YES, no way in hell I would have moved from NT 3.51 to a DOS based OS. Nothing wrong with NT, if you know what you're doing. But there is a hell of a lot wrong with DOS. Also Server 2008 was fine and it was Vista based.
    Windows 2000 and ME are two completely different OS's, one is DOS based the other is NT.

8. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    Just curious about anyone else having gpu//display going to sleep?

I haven't had any real problems in awhile but recently while watching Youtube or a movie with MPCHC my Evga FTW GTX960 is going to sleep after 30 mins I guess! Tried resetting power options to default then changing sleep settings to never on all gpu, usb, hdd, and etc! Still doing it and it started after recent 368.69 driver install on Win 10 x64. Anyone else having this issue or any advice on fixing it? I hope it's not hardware related! Thanks for any help, advice, or etc!

9. Yeah, make sure you add the 4GB VRAM limit for DX9 games to that list.

10. Salem13

Salem13 Guest

Seriously.

11. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    click windows logo, click all apps, scroll down to x, recognize that xbox is an app built into 10. profit.

12. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    This reminds me of 2005~ when nVidia released a Forceware update with an LCD Configuration Wizard feature that they had just implemented.

When I opened the driver panel, it ran the config wizard on my Sony Trinitron 21" CRT and completely overwrote the factory contrast settings to something like -1000 and blacked out the screen permanently.

I'll always remember that nVidia forced me to buy a LCD with their "Force"ware drivers.

13. Salem13

Salem13 Guest

Stop, think, realize all video card manufacturers care about Xbox live, which was my counterpoint.

14. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    The suggestion that drivers don't work with 7 because it's "outdated" is absurd. That was my point. It's absurd because it implies that nvidia would release drivers that ignored an operating system that covers 50% of the market share. That... is... absurd...

Of course 10 has more features... like xbox. But by repeating that xbox is a feature that 10 has and 7 doesn't, the only thing you've done is point out that you don't understand the discussion going on around you.

15. GPU

GPU Guest

WTF what year is it

just updated to win 10

found sli was not active with box checked

had to stop 2 services to apply sli , haven't had to do this from 2010 I think

PLUS upgrade keep my 90 icons in their locations , when I changed to sli they all moved to the left AND that has not happened once with vista and win 7.

so I just updated the nv drivers to current
    sli changed ok but all my icons moved to the left again in ff 47.0.1

SO much for nv drivers.