Fluid F5s just bought new - buzzing/interference delivered from monitors

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by DraZor, Jul 6, 2016.

1. DraZor

DraZor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Hey guys how's it going,

Just bout a pair of Fluid F5 studio monitors, sound pretty damn decent, have to say.

Running them out of an Asus Essence STX from the left/right outs using a stereo interconnect dual RCA to same cable.

Problem is I'm hearing alot of buzzing/electrical interference coming out of the monitors (doesn't start until comp is booted into windows basically), I'm thinking it's the cable cause I've tried different wall/power sockets and turning wireless devices off, etc, which didn't change the problem at all.

Do you guys think going for some alternative cabling would reduce the noise? Maybe XLR?

Thanks

2. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Make sure RCA's are plugged firmly all the way in. Also, try a different cable and try a different set of speakers if you have them.

regards,
    RagDoll.

3. DraZor

DraZor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Thanks for the reply ragdoll.

Cables are all firmly in, tried an XLR out from speakers to left/right in of STX soundcard, didn't make any difference.

Tried a different power point in a different room using my phone as audio source as opposed to PC and the buzzing was noticeably less. I'm thinking maybe the monitors are picking up extra interference through certain power points, as we live in a 3 story apartment complex, but not entirely sure.

4. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    You're welcome... Last thing to try is some other speakers. it's possible that heaters and/or air conditioners in the apartment complex could cause interference, but not usually because as long as the monitors are getting power, the only thing using or that can degrade the source signal, is the cable...

regards,
    RagDoll.

5. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    hey mate, i had the same problem when i got my first pair of decent speakers/monitors (yamaha hs50m), weirdly only the monitor my headphones were fine despite running off same sound card, eventually narrowed down to that something (be it cable/soundcard/monitor) picking up the coil whine of the graphics card (as it got particularly bad when the gfx card was stressed eg games), did it WHOLE LOT of google and searching since it was driving me insane and found that a ground loop/hum eliminator fixed up the problem, bought this http://www.swamp.net.au/ground-isolator.html and it did, eliminated the buzzing 100%, might be worth looking into, hope that helps

6. DraZor

DraZor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Thanks so much for this guys.

I will have a look into getting one of those transformer/isolators, bball :banana: