Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    here is my current progress on the pants:

BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

AFTER:
    [​IMG]

2. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    the edited dds files ingame seem to be 'bleached' for some reaston, guess I need to try a different compression format for dds files.

Anyways, a quick update: just tried all the 'finished-ish' textures on clara's model (jeez the arms were the hardest)

[​IMG]

3. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Yeah, for some reason the game doesn't like loading the high quality textures. I noted the pants thing, and found that I hadn't replaced the compressed 1024x1024 to the new 2048x2048 texture.

Well, there is an xbg of clara in the files, but the sad part is that there isn't an xbgmip of her file... Such a lust for filelists, WHOOOOO!

No problem :).

4. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Update:

I'm willing to say this retexture is in the 'pre-alpha' stage:

[​IMG]

5. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Felony is for the policesystem and crimes you do in general I think for 99%

6. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    What do you mean by police scanner?

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
  8. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO R9 390 8GB
    TheCrasher, Exacelt

I just noticed you guys are working on a Clara remake, the screenshot with the new textures looks awesome. If I look at that concept art I'm sure I'd rather see Clara like that than how she looks currently in the game :D Anyway if I can find a similar hair modelpart in the game then adding it to the model is no big deal. I'm just wondering if we can remove her original hair as it would most probably stick out on top. I would also want to remove the piercings from her face.

If you guys would be so kind to share those textures with me I'd be super happy :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  9. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    This is a well known bug, it happens to me too.

It's one of the three bugs related to the reload of the game that I know of:

- Afterward the sun constantly moves even if it was set to stop when you don't move
    - Aiden doesn't put his hands in his pockets anymore
    - The lamps properly explodes when using the Blackout after you reload

There could be more though...

10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    It would be cool thanks. :)

11. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Does anyone know if there's a way to edit the police behaviour? I think I remeber I've read something about the E3 cop search pattern here on these modding forums, anyone confirms?

12. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I don't know, I don't have a super video card so I've even never played at Ultra textures, but there's a lot of people here that worked on textures so I'm sure someone will be able to help you on this. ;)
    It's TXGT that replied to you about the profiler I think, he said something about trying using a dummy profiler.cseq or such.

Not necessarily but yes I'm talking about the cops behaviour when they search for you, I think that someone in these forums talked about a way to restore an old behaviour for the cops, so I'm asking if anyone remembers that. :) However this is only a detail of my main question, which is Anyone knows something about editing the cops behaviour? :D

13. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    If the hair part uses driverHair shader then it has an alpha parameter which can be set to zero. Kind of like how TheSilver "removed" the char36 head back in the days. Only problem I can see is if they simply made her hair as part of her head model and thus there is no way to edit the shader driver parameters just for the hair. I'll check this out when I get home.

14. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Okay I was slightly wrong about the shader parameter, there is no alpha parameter.

So I digged into the files. Clara is char02.xbg. Going through the materials listed, her hair is ajeanphilippe-m-2012080760758998.material.bin, and here I found out I was wrong. No matter, we can still change the alpha modifying the texture of her hair: graphics\characters\char\char02\char02_hair_new_a.xbt

Le Bold Clara:

[​IMG]

Now I just have to find a nice hair modelpart.

Phase 2

3 modelparts seem like useful: Wigs.com_f_wig_bangs01.xml, Wigs.com_f_wig_bob01.xml and Wigs.com_f_wig_bob03.xml. The rest are ponytails, etc.

Results:

[​IMG]

No.

[​IMG]

Uhm, no.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This looks like the best we have. Good night y'all.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  15. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    I used some kind of relaunch/e3 police stuff before, I dont remember what the change was but it changed the personality or something with the cops, I think it was how they acted during a chase and how they decided to shoot, cant remember anything for sure tho

16. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    No, I said that about Focus greenish blur. I told him to ask you about profiler settings. He wants to remove bright flash effect when activating the profiler.
    I thought you can disable it in Hex Workshop. Although I think this can be disabled using 3D Migoto.

17. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Yes the concept looks better. I don't know how hard would it be to create it, i'm not experienced in 3d model creation. And the only software i know can edit WD models is ZModeler and i don't have a license. Anyone?

18. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ok I will try to replace some RelaunchCop xmls from the personality.lib then, but their only difference was three numbers inside the xml so I think they will make little difference ingame...
    Anyway what I remember is that someone in this forum said something about the cops search pattern for the player when the meter is white and the countdown is ticking. Now the cops are almost psichic and "curiously" focus the search EXACTLY to your hiding location, while someone said that he found something that made their search pattern more realistically randomized in the whole white circle and not so cheaty. Does anyone remember anything like that? :O

Ah yes you're right, I don't think it could be removed through 3D Migoto though. Anyway, he could selectively remove the white flash while keeping the Depth Of Field effect by converting the .cseq to .xml and commenting the part of the file responsable of the flash. :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  19. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Darn, I overlooked a hair model yesterday, this may be even better:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    There's still a problem, it seems that the generic NPC hair is a little "behind" than where it should be on Clara's head. Tried to modify the position but since it's animated I can't change that.

Tried to put both hair modelparts on her so it covers that part on her forehead:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What do you think?