Incredible response by Bethesda Support Team

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by needa, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Gothik

Gothik Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 380X 4GB
    Dell mainboard. Not overclocked. The 10GB of RAM (max the motherboard supports) is in dual channel.

It could very well be the videocard. I don't think I'd be running Doom that well with my previous card, which was an R7 260x 2GB.

2. needa

needa Member

GPU:
    Radeon R7 300 2 Gb
    I try to search for an info about what config files to delete... but no avail up to now. This can have a logic. First time install driver Doom run perfect and then something is writen in some cash/config... and become 5 fps.

3. Wolf9an9

Wolf9an9 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800XT
    What everybody seems to be ignoring is that the game runs pretty well the first time after loading the graphics driver but for some strange reason cannot repeat the same performance later.

Therefore it should not be a cpu, gpu or memory problem.

4. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    Yes, what a weird issue!

Really annoying (but very expected) robot response from the support team too. Helpdesks are so useless.

Have you tried disabling all overlay software? No Steam overlays, no fraps or recording software, no RadeonPro?

Have you tried deleting the cache files DOOM creates?

I haven't played DOOM yet (my system isn't ready for it, obviously), but I know Rage creates a folder on my system found at "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\id Software\rage" with two files in it, "FileCache000.bin" (1.00 GB) and "FileCacheHeader.bin" (128 kb).

Since DOOM runs on a comparable engine, you might be able to figure something out by deleting those files, if they even exist at all (back them up first if uncertain). The location of the files will probably be slightly different on your system.

You could also try out various OpenGL driver *.dlls, maybe you'll find some that don't act odd.

I hope you figure it out, otherwise the only solution seems to be to play it on a new system, or reinstall drivers every time you wanna play (which s@cks) :/

5. needa

needa Member

GPU:
    Radeon R7 300 2 Gb
    I found a solution , and I repeat it 3 times.. and is working.
    Enter the game , is the bug 5 fps. Put general preset on ultra. Save . Exit the game. Start the game again load the position and put on preset Low. The bug disappear. Here you can play with all the setting but "Virtual Texturing Page Size". If this is modified again the bug appear. Thank you PieEyedPiper for bringing this on top.

6. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3050
    Hey Gothik, you are making me drool with that early realease 480x :)

7. Gothik

Gothik Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 380X 4GB
    Ha! Typo. It's a 380x. :)

8. Gothik

Gothik Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 380X 4GB
    While I don't get the 5fps bug, I do find that Doom is more likely to crash or freeze on start up if I don't restart my machine between games. And it will crash if I disable vsynch, there certainly are some odd issues with the engine. Plus the useless crash reporter will crash every time - I've yet to have been able to send a crash report.

9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You should report it in the Bethesda forum. Looks like a game state configuration bug,

10. needa

needa Member

GPU:
    Radeon R7 300 2 Gb
    They will tell me that I dont have the minimum specs ;))

They are clearly a suite of bugs.. encountered by many:
    1. Game dosent update the graphic settings without restart , but dosent request it

2. The 5 fps.. which, while we found a work around , I'm not sure exactly by what is triggered.

11. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    tell them you bought a 4790K and the problem still persists. :nerd:

with this being more a joke but still maybe your only possibility to get them to help you...

on the other hand denuvo protection works with regular interval checks of CPU generated checksums/unique datasets... so maybe it's a denuvo "issue" or simply a denuvo "requirement" to have a better CPU...

but i doubt the latter because those checks only take place during performance non-critical stages (pre-init engine / loading screen / main menu / onexit)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  12. needa

needa Member

GPU:
    Radeon R7 300 2 Gb
    Game is running perfect.. I'm after argent tower with this trick already.

What I forgot to mention is that the workaround is functioning only on 15.11.1 driver. On the latest nothing is working. Just 5 fps. Thanks to Onna guide about 15.11.1 driver. This is saying something about AMD drivers....

13. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    I'm pretty sure it's not the fault of AMD, since this user here experiences EXACTLY the same issue on an nVidia card:

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/17340

Same response from Bethesda too, even though the guy states it also happens on his much faster system! Hahaha lol.

EDIT: By the way, read the last posts about 'physik', not sure what that means (don't have DOOM myself), but it seems to have helped the user.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  14. needa

needa Member

GPU:
    Radeon R7 300 2 Gb
    Thanks for pointing this out. I will try today to see in cfg about this downgrade of physics. Regarding AMD drivers I think they have issues more often with opengl than nvidia. Seeing that aparently they are more problems with amd cards than with nvidia. Ofcourse Doom game has big tech problems.