AMD Catalyst 16.6.1 Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by jaju123, Jun 6, 2016.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    RLD1 is not legit...but anyway, good luck with your problem. :3eyes:

2. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    CS:GO still can't disable crossfire in game profile. Have to disable crossfire globally. CS:GO has terrible frame delivery and is unplayable.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    One 7970 can deliver like 150fps in CS GO. You dont really need three of them to play it.

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    DONT play CSGO with CF.

5. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I didnt say it was legit did i? I use it for when my friend is offline and for the kids to play too

6. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    We can't be glad seeing pirates here(hell, G3D has a rule about pirating and discussing about that). You can stay on pirate forums.
    But this won't take long. Denuvo will make things right!

EDIT: Any news, rumour about 16.300?:)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Pirating games is the same as you went to the any kind of store, took everything you want without paying or caring for people who made those products and their hard work.

No forum can tolerate that but enough, back to the topic guys. :p

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    You mean the 16.30 that used on Ashus on singularity test in computex?

I believe end of the month we will have it (for the release of RX 480)

9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I didnt want to talk about it mate, it's irrelevant in my eyes.

10. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I don't. I'm complaining that I can't disable CF for CSGO unless I disable globally and restart computer every time I play the damn game.

11. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I can't even find them on windows 10. I know how to use debug tools. Anyway downgrading back to 16.5.2.1 fixed it for me thus far. Been a few days clean of crashing.

12. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Disabling CF in game profiles has never worked, probably never will either. I have reported this single issue like 5 times already.

Why do you have to reboot, though? I manually enabled and disabled CF globally for a certain game before and the driver automatically restarts in such case, there is no need to also reboot the machine.

13. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Have you tried removing the profile from Crimson and then adding it manually (not scanning but browsing for the .exe)? This works for me.

Forgot which member here gave that tip, but thanks to that member.

14. morrk

morrk Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT
    Something went horribly wonky with this driver for me today. It's been working fine since I installed about a week ago and was working fine last night. Today I've been getting hard lock ups every few minutes or so.

Cleaned with DDU and reinstalled, all seems fine now, touch wood.

15. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Let's hope that it was just a corrupted driver and not your GPU :p

16. morrk

morrk Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT
    I was quite looking forward to having a new one, to be fair. :) This 290 has lasted a very long time indeed.

Can't see it being hardware though, it's been fine since I scrubbed the driver. (Good 1 - 1 1/2 hours gaming)

17. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    I always add the profiles manually. In fact, in many occasions I have added a new profile just to disable CF, which usually doesn't work. I have to correct my previous statement a little bit, though, disabling CF in a game profile sometimes seems to works, probably only for games which have very good CF support. The only such case I have experienced so far is GRID 2. If I disable CF in the profile of that game, the second card does not even wake up from ULPS sleep when I launch it.

There are also cases in which disabling CF in the game profile has the opposite effect; i.e. it fully enables CF and has correct scaling, while setting it to AFR or 1x1 does not!!! I remember another member reported this about one of the batman games. I also experienced the same thing with Dark Messiah of Might and Magic which completely crashed with CF enabled but was fixed in one of the 16.1 drivers and then the above scenario happened!

18. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Guys, how is the overall experience with AMD drivers recently? Thinking to have a nice RX 480 and just keep nvidia on the DX 12 promised driver.

19. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    We have game ready drivers on every release.
    Doom and Wolfenstein runs like sht, but those are OpenGL games so... if you know the famous AMD support and this API...
    Hope things will change very soon, at least on 480X. Hell, it's new architecture.
    I'm almost 3 years with 290X, last 15-18 months can remember a serious issue with Wasteland 2(inventory bug - driver bug) and Black Mesa(shadows on all AMD Hardware - developer mistake).
    But man... 290X it's a hungry card. The noise is relative, because I have Windforce version.
    I also think to buy 480. If the 1070 price is bad, I'll get another AMD card :wanker:

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Just go with the best card you can get on your max budget. AMD DX11 drivers are worse (usually), but not by that much lately.