NF Tools Part 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kurtextrem, Jun 14, 2016.

1. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    You can not deny that NVIDIA is purposely holding back features that would run on older hardware and make them new-gen exclusive.

As for the drivers, you may want to ask Mr. Fox at https://twitter.com/mr_fox_rox or over at notebookreview.com what his opinion of the recent drivers is. One of his recent comments of NVIDIA drivers include: Obviously I agree with you in the point that it is down to the devs to optimize the engine.

I would advise you not to jump on the hate train just because it is cool. Everyone in this forum is a random new poster, and people here are just exchanging experiences.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. pittiez

pittiez Guest

GPU:
    680x2
    i have a optimized gaming rig and have system restore enabled, not sure what kind of hinderace ur talking about but what does "scrambling crucial OS/program related files on the system" mean?

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I would advise you not to make assumptions. Everyone here is not just a 'random new poster' and my comment was directed at said 'random new poster'. If you actually have a critique of my comments regarding this unsubstantiated program of registry changes (incidentally pointed at the wrong registry entries) lets hear it. So far, it boils down to 'it may do something on some systems'. But nobody has any idea or verifiable results.
    Nothing to do with 'cool'. It is a valid complaint which is the same one made on the previous iteration of this 'tool'.

4. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    If you read some of the posts it is obvious certain people think it's the "cool" thing to do to hate on it, because they see others do it.
    As far as we know the "tool" is at least virus free, so no actual harm in trying it.

If you know any method to measure microstuttering, let me know and I will gladly try to provide my results. It is just not as easy to measure as compared to FPS/benchmarks.

5. pittiez

pittiez Guest

GPU:
    680x2
    can we just post a big ass warning on the OP thread so people stop repeating their negative comments, we get it, you think this is vaporware. thanks for the info

flaming each other just will get the thread closed and does not really benefit this topic of conversation at all, and honestly the mods seems biased on this cause they allowing people to come derail the topic and start a flame war

not sure why people are allowed to make personal insults to nabi in the thread, this is about the tool not him

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks god! The pointless tool which does nothing is virus free! Hooray.

Frametimes can be recorded with: Fraps, Afterburner, PresentMon, FCAT (if you have that one). Go ahead, test the tool properly.

7. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    So personal experience. I had some sound lag issue with 1080p@60 youtube videos. Now it is gone. I use the old and only kinda DX 12 driver to fermi , 358.70 . I had some stutters in BF4 but now is nothing. I got less fps in dying light but smoother now. With the new drivers i got around +20-30 fps. I haven't tested this tool with the newer branch yet.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  8. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    I just tried measuring Frametime in dota 2, but AfterBurner just shows 0 because I use Vulcan instead of dx11/9/OGL. Will try Witcher 3 though.

Edit: W3 showed that with this tool activated, I have a frametime of 39.3ms, and with it deactivated 41.0ms. Well within the margin of error, I would say.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  9. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    well for one, unwinder, the creator of rivatuner which spawned pretty much every single third party GPU app since.

You don't need to install something to know what it does if you look at the "code".

10. Soliver84

Soliver84 Member

GPU:
    32GB Corsair
    Well if that what good, I tried it in 3DMark it brings something GTX 780 Ti SLI, but not much. FROZA APEX is not I still have to testn straten

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Registry keys that a related to the Nvidia driver are Nvidia's property, so that makes me wonder hos some random dude can claim that those are his and that Nvidia is taking credits for those....
    I would stop smoking what ever that dude smokes.

As for the download, why on heavens earth would anyone hide simple registry modifications in an exe file unless the whole thing is full of BS?

And then it's always some newbie posting these proclaimed tweaks, funny that none of the long term gurus have found any advantage with these, even Unwinder who basically knows all corners and edges in them drivers states that these tweaks are utter BS.
    Yet there are some that believe in the placebo tweak authors conspiracy nonsense.

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    What does it bring?
    No one will believe a claim in bare words, show us links to the result with and without, and of course, trough several runs so the results are consistent.