GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.39 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I got a "stub received bad data" error within minutes of restarting my PC after installing the Windows Updates yesterday but, to be honest with you, I knew that they would not fix the issue because it is 100% triggered by the 368.xx driver on my system.

Have you tried disabling ALL of the NVIDIA services (there seems to be dozens of them these days...)? I suspect that a driver component is causing the behaviour explained in the second line of your post, likely a bug with certain configurations and/or graphics cards.

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Nice to see them working hard on a few games like Hitman. All 3 cards getting some love, cool.

3. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    I'm on Win 10, 1511 10586.420 . Yesterday these drivers were a mess with freezing on the desktop and around Chrome.
    So I ran the Intel Driver Update Utility and it updated its MB drivers and the on-board Intel crap video (used for my 2nd monitor). I had to do the Intel LAN drivers myself, the Intel updater didn't find it lol. Also Windows download a few other updates, one was pretty big :) Anyway it's been 12hrs + of usage and I have have no problems on the desktop.. Ain't tested any games yet but they were good anyway.
    So it might be a case of updates and patches for others too :D
    btw I'll edit this if **** fails again.. :X fingers!

4. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    These drivers have same issue as with previous ones where clocks get stuck at max and won't go to low power or idle anymore.
    Didn't happen with drivers before those.

Very simple to reproduce :
    Default screen settings = 1920x1080@60Hz
    Use CRU to create custom resolution 1920x1080@75Hz (custom extension block).
    Pixel clock = 164.61Mhz, withing single DVI specs so driver isn't patched with pixelclockpatcher or anything.
    Reboot (driver).
    Set res to 1920x1080@75Hz.
    Start up a game (in my case Unreal Tournament 4).
    Play game.
    After playing a while, and closing game and launcher, GPU-Z shows clocks stuck at 1254Mhz, won't come down anymore.
    Needs reboot (driver) before low power or idle works again.

Noticed with last 2 drivers more TDR's in UT4 also, in other words, in Unreal Engine 4.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Thanks ManuelG and Co.

Batman Origins is now fixed with enhanced MFAA + TXAA + DSR. :)

6. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    All driver issue is hoax. At least some people stated here. So people , don't complain.

7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Why the so low performance in Assassin Creed Syndicate with 1080GTX... even on 1080p , GTA V Scored way better FPS with 1080p with 1080GTX, weird numbers or something..

Didn't have a issue with those, possibly they fixed the issue with 970 Idle clock stuck on 658-748 mhz randomly. more than 5-6 days it worked perfectly playing games, movies, idling, and everything like it used to be.
    For me the issue was it wasn't going to it's max clock again, for you it didn't go to the minimum clock again. LoL funny xD

Do any of you with an issue or without an issue, have Office 2016 installed ? I wonder .. because it seems it fixed as soon as I installed it, I'm not sure, but possibly maybe, if the drivers alone didn't fix it for you. you might want to check it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I have also started getting the "The stub received bad data" error when opening task manager or a few apps, always opens fine second try but its annoying as **** :/

9. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Yeah, it is. That happens with all 368.xx drivers, too. If you install 365.19 or earlier the issue is gun, but you'll obviously loose some newer game profiles, etc. (although I guess you could try exporting them with the "Include Predefined Settings" flag in Nvidia Inspector before you uninstall 368.xx). I wonder if ManuelG has any news about the issue.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have just switched back to the 365.19 because of the numerous (non-gaming) issues the 368.39 drivers were causing. The stub error was irritating but could easily be ignored. What couldn't was the fact that my Windows Stores apps and games refused to download and that is absolutely caused by the driver.

How do I know this?

Because my PC has not downloaded any updates in over a week and when I tried to install Facebook's Messenger app it would show as starting to download but it never did. After installing the 365.19 driver again over the top of 368.39 then rebooting, I was able to check for updates on the Windows Store. It found a dozen including one for Killer Instinct. Those and Messenger finally downloaded.

The 368.xx driver is easily the worst driver I have installed to date, though ironically it is great for games! I am still absolutely aghast that a graphics driver can even cause these issues in the first place as well as causing Task Scheduler to stop running after a specific amount of time (triggering the "cannot connect to remote server" error).

That Task Scheduler issue is fixable by starting the service again manually but, what the heck! Why do these occur in the first place? I keep seeing more and more people reporting issues, mostly the stub error, which leads me to wonder how Microsoft even certified these in the first place since they clearly do not test the games!

P.S. I can, of course, no longer play Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and I noticed that EA have moved the minimum driver requirement from 368.22 to 368.39! How nice of them! :bang:

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This issue sounds more like a conflict of the driver with some security software than the driver's issue. May explain why only some of us is getting it.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I only use the built-in Windows Defender though, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro. I do also have SpyBlaster and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed but both of those are the free version which only run on demand, i.e. neither has any services or whatnot running in the background until I open them.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I still havent seen this stub error yet.. but my win seems to be plagued with dism online missing bs.. and its ok.

Using nod32 security9

Passive, mostly for imunization:
    spybot s&d
    Spyware blaster
    Malwarebytes

Win defender is disabled.

14. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I could provide you with an windows iso pro without defender after install just let me know you could give it an try

15. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I only use Defender and Malwarebytes also...but haven't come across this "stub error" either...hope somebody finds something soon as I'd be friggin pissed.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016

16. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    It only happens when creating a custom resolution with another frequency, and also playing in that frequency as described in my original post.
    When not changing to this custom made frequency, the issue doesn't happen and all up and downclocking works fine.

17. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Me neither I have been reading but can't put my finger on where the problem may come from. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it myself it would drive me crazy :p

18. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Pascal Memory Bandwidth issue linked to driver version v368.39.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/940304/cuda-programming-and-performance/grim-memory-bandwidth-gtx-1080/post/4903672/#4903672

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    On windows7..

20. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    good bullet point for that why is win 10 better than 7 thread I guess. the outdated OS holdouts taking away the precious man hours from modern OS driver development.:bang: