NF Tools Part 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kurtextrem, Jun 14, 2016.

1. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    It is not. CnQ is on. APM off. So only kicks out when need it. Looks like the CPU resting more under DX 11 and DX 12 now.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
  3. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    I have exactly same 3Dmark score..before and after the mod.

Cannot try SLI...I'have just sold one of my 660ti waiting for the next selling :p
    I will try cuda rendering later to see if at least it has some gains.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  4. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Stop hating brainlessly. The main point of this tool is not primarily to boost FPS but supposedly smoothing out the performance, so I am not exactly surprised your benchmarks don't show anything supportive.

The best way to see if anything improved is to fire up a notoriously stuttering/microstuttering game and see if there is any change.

I installed it, and dota 2 hardly screen tears anymore, ofc without vsync.
    How about others, did you guys feel any improvement in games like Witcher 3?

5. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    10/10 turned my PC into a helicopter

6. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I know that benchs aren't everything. That's why I tested 4 games and found no benefit.

That's my results, take it for what it is. If it does something beneficial for your PC, then great.

I can't stand how Guru3d which is a forum meant for enthusiasts to compare things and discuss tech became a place where showing one's opinion/results after testing something is "hating brainlessly"

7. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Nice of you to skip the whole post.
    Reading your post the main point you make is about raw performance, why else would you provide benchmarks? You even "lmao"ed at your results, as if you were proud of it. If everything runs great for you, why test this software in the first place? Just try it in games that microstutter and tell me it's the same.

8. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I said lmao at the irony that something that tries to give so many performance benefits actually made me lose almost 300 points on fire strike like right on the get go, which is kinda funny.

I tested this on WoW/bo3/TW warhammer/rottr all games that I have stuttering/bad performance issues and saw no benefit, no stutter change or fps gain/loss.

So, to me, this tool is useless.
    Again, if it works for you than great. But at the end of the day Unwinder and Wagnard already gave their input about this tool and I trust their judgement, I have no reason to approve this.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Fixed.

10. TheRyuu

TheRyuu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    This is yet another example of someone who thinks they know better than the developers at Nvidia.

If these options existed which magically gave you more consistent frame times and possibly better performance with zero downsides, don't you think that Nvidia would already be using them in their drivers? Even if the reasons may not be entirely obvious to us there may very well be a good reason for them not being on by default.

11. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Just saying, for not-current cards like Kepler the drivers were sub-par since 347.88. Obviously NVIDIA optimise the drivers for current gen cards, I get that.

Not theory crafting or anything, but NVIDIA purposely held back features before to encourage people to buy new cards (e.g. TXAA, DX12 on Fermi).

12. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    This was already mentioned by Unwinder etc..this thing isn't a tool, it's just a reg hack.

You can open regedit, see where the nvidia drivers are then add something like "UnleashMaximumFps"=dword:00000001, doesn't mean it's going to do anything.

This guy has some serious social issues and it's always craving for attention and being dramatic on every forum he goes to, hell if you check his twitter page you'll see that under his name he made sure to link his own IMDB profile that he probably made himself, trying to appear to be someone important.

13. Cygnific

Cygnific Member

GPU:
    2070S Gaming-X
    Nvidia wouldn't use some 'hidden' registry entry to decrease performance on older cards (if they did that on purpose). A simple check on the gpu model would be enough to branch to another subroutine in whatever dll or sys file would be enough.

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No matter if it's through registry or branches, Nvidia doesn't decrease performance on older cards.

15. pesticle

pesticle Guest

GPU:
    980GTX 4GB
    I am compelled to defend this placebo I mean tool

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That's about as much as I'd give it

17. Cygnific

Cygnific Member

GPU:
    2070S Gaming-X
    I just wanted to say that Nvidia wouldn't do that by using the registry. I've never seen anything weird happening in their drivers. All I know is that if a benchmark shows 0,10 fps less, some people will claim they are crap.

18. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

not everything is the same. nabil now has your credit card info. :banana:

my favorite line in the change log is the 99-100% gpu usage.

I can do that tweak without any tools. fire up any game where you aren't cpu limited, and disable vsync. and behold, magical 99% gpu usage.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Seems to me the developer should be the one providing some objective evidence. Instead, we have blaming a user for reporting his experience.

20. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    I am not by any means blaming him personally, I merely question his methods of testing because he calls bull**** on a tool for something that it is not supposed to do in the first place.

In the end it comes down to the user's rig. I bet that on some systems this tool does absolutely nothing, but for some it does do a noticeable difference in terms of smoothness, hard to measure ofc.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016