GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.39 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    (...GTX 1070 graphics card which delivers the incredible speed and power of NVIDIA Pascal™—the most advanced GPU ever created. This is the ultimate gaming platform.)

Is it in driver release notes or OP comments? :eek3:

2. masterchief3k

masterchief3k Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 960
    This might help some of you with the task scheduler and bad stub errors, because I think it has something to do with third party antivirus software on windows 10. I had avast installed recently, and it was causing the same errors on my system. I uninstalled it, and non-coincidentally, the errors stopped as well. If those of you that are having these problems are using anything other than windows defender, I recommend uninstalling whatever antivirus you have, unfortunately.

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i don't have many services & disable quite a lot stuff.

10586.318 i never use any insider before.

malwarebytes anti-malware & emet 5.5 but the weird part is previous all the driver don't have the issue but one r368 released this thing happened.

i'm not sure is related to microsoft visual C++ 2015 redistributable x86/64 14.0.23026 or classic shell?

i installed the visual C++ for corsixth theme hospital game. https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH/releases

FYI, sfc /scannow shown my pc don't have error. previously i faced TDR's from 350.12 & the next 4 drivers but since then i don't have a single TDR or other problems.

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Thank you for providing us with a new placebo driver.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Unfortunately, I am not using any third-party AV software, only the built-in Windows Defender which comes with Windows 10. Well, I do have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed as well but it is the free version and, as far as I am aware, it only runs when I open it and has no background processes or services. I only run that once every 2-4 weeks.

Has to be something else on my system if you're implying that there is a conflict with the v368.xx and something else on our systems that was not an issue with the previous driver builds?

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    my malwarebytes is premium but 365.19 & other older version don't have issue.

don't tell me is malwarebytes issue? the driver is working everything good in the game i'm playing but the error keep popping out is really frustrated.

7. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Nah I have Malwarebytes premium no troubles here.

8. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    yeah impossible is malwarebytes cos i tested before by removing it & yet the issue still persist.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am still seeing bad screen tearing when scrolling up and down in Steam (latest non-beta build) exactly as with the previous v365.xx and v368.xx drivers.

Are those of you who are saying it is fixed using a beta version of Steam? Maybe it's Valve that fixed it in the latest beta?

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm not sure if this issue is related to the ones I've been getting since installing the 368.xx drivers but I opened up the Event log this morning to see a lot of errors regarding various services terminating unexpectedly and so on, far more than normal, perhaps triggered by this driver since they all started occurring since I reinstalled the v368.22 driver yesterday morning to play Mirror's Edge Catalyst (since you are forced to use this driver otherwise the game will not start; rather annoying to be honest).

Anyway, I also opened Device Manager and checked the Show Hidden Devices option. It revealed two entries with caution marks under Network Adaptors; one for Microsoft ISATAP Adapter and another for Microsoft Teredo (I believe this is something to do with IPv6 something my ISP does not yet support). Both failed to start because a previous version was conflicting with them, something like that. So I did a System Checkpoint and uninstalled both then rebooted. Both now show as working without the caution symbol. Need to test further to see if those fix anything...

Finally, I also saw this error in the Event log:

Faulting application name: svchost.exe_wuauserv, version: 10.0.10586.0, time stamp: 0x5632d7ba
    Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 10.18.13.6839, time stamp: 0x5750f3f8
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000759c9d
    Faulting process ID: 0x3a4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1c153b519d792
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll
    Report ID: 8db06311-02de-4ed1-a4b9-0bc0cef7b043
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I'm wondering if anyone else who is experiencing the same issues as me is also getting the same error. If I understand it correctly it is some conflict between an NVIDIA driver component and the Windows Update service, which is one of the issues I was having (specifically the Windows Store which stalls when manually checking for updates).

I have also disabled the two useless NVIDIA SHIELD streaming services as I have no need for them. Why NVIDIA insist on having one of those set to Automatic and always running is baffling because I would have thought it would have made more sense to set them to Manual and only have the service run when needed? There's already too many background services for NVIDIA as it is!

Just to reiterate, I have re-ran sfc /scannow and dism.exe /scanhealth this morning and both returned NO errors.

P.S. I am wondering if I should start a separate thread for those of us experiencing the "stub has received bad data" and other issues with these 368 drivers as any discussion regarding it are likely to get lost amongst all the other posts. This thread can go into more detail about what hardware and software we are running in order to try and find some commonality (other than the fact we are using 368 drivers obviously) that might be triggering these issues.

Good idea or not?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks, I'll try this at home.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    These are some of the Event log Service Control Manager errors I am getting with this driver installed:

The Application Information service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).

The Computer Browser service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 300000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Group Policy Client service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 300000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 300000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The IP Helper service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 300000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Geolocation Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The User Profile Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 300000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Task Scheduler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

In total there are groups of 16 of these for separate services. Oddly none of them are having any impact on my Windows experience which seems the same as before, well except for the stub/bad data errors and the other two issues I reported.

Anyone else seeing these?

13. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I don't know if it makes an difference but I have installed an version of windows 10 Pro that I have stripped myself with an tool called MSMG Toolkit from the MDL forums. I don't even have windows defender anymore and so on it is using minimal services :)

Ps I have also The User Data Access_1c894c1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

And three more there.

14. VaynardX

VaynardX Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    After reading this thread, I still cannot see any person who has no problems with it. So, I am assuming that this is not safe to install? Has anyone installed this successfully without any issues?

15. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Yeah me installed and no problems !

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That's a similiar score Tj was getting with his single gtx780 so i would say seems about right for 670's.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Looks like something more than a driver problem, looks like a fairly bad Windows problem, those services (afaik) are not connected to the display driver

Can't see why the driver would affect those services at all

Done SFC etc?

EDIT - Googling one of the failed services points me to a malware infection

Might be worth running a few scans

No issues here

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Zero issues on my machine.

19. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Good drivers for me all games working perfect.

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Mostly issues arise for people with SLI and/or Win10, like most drivers.
    I stay away from both :)