AMD Catalyst 16.6.1 Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by jaju123, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
  2. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Highlights

Support for:
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst™
    Paragon™

New AMD Crossfire profile available for:

Dark Souls III™

Fixed Issues
    Display flickering or corruption may be experienced when playing videos in a web browser.
    DiRT Rally™ may experience poor performance on some tracks with rainy/night scenes.
    The HDMI® display scaling options in Radeon Settings may be missing when the display is set to an interlaced resolution.
    The AMD Crossfire™ technology mode options in Radeon Settings may not take effect on Origin or Uplay applications.
    Fallout™ 4 may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode for some game textures.
    Flickering on Oculus Rift™ headsets may be experienced when multiple displays are connected with differing resolutions.
    Radeon Settings additional settings page may fail to open after performing a Windows Update and then installing the latest Radeon Software Crimson Edition.
    Known Issues
    A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
    Battlefield™ 4 may experience crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
    Doom™ some game levels may experience shimmering textures.
    The Division™ may hang when using Quad AMD Crossfire™ technology. As a workaround users are recommended to disable AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
    Radeon Settings gaming profile options for Uplay applications may not take effect.
    Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™ may exhibit brightness flickering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology.
    Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
    On some AMD XConnect™ technology external GPU enclosures, a TDR may be observed when the dGPU is set to primary display and the laptop display is set to extended display with video playback.

3. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    wow nice!

AMD on time with unreleased Games !

Very wow !

Fixed Issues:
    The AMD Crossfire™ technology mode options in Radeon Settings may not take effect on Origin or Uplay applications.
    I effectively had to add the application .exe for every Uplay/Origin games for the Crimson settings to take effect o_O

P.S. the package I downloaded from AMD says June the 2nd... so it's old already!

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Downloaded, installed via upgrade, and.... nothing unusual happened, everything works.

</DRAMA>

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Interested!

Enough reason to download it for me. :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    deleted...doubled

7. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    That's a bit harsh. You could find a better point, like:

Battlefield™ 4 may experience crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.

Haha. Yes, sadly that suggestion has been valid for every Frostbite 3 based games ever since the Windows 10 release. :p

-> If you have problems with our revolutionary superior technology which is too great and futuristic to support in our present days, the solution is to go back to the useless old thing which... just works... :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  8. Luke7

Luke7 Guest

GPU:
    4 GB
    ATI EEU Client Event Error in Event Viewer since 16.5.2 BETA Driver
    Event Error 16388 still not fixed on Windows 7

9. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
  10. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X

11. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Ever since I used DDU for the first time, I've had some issues when installing drivers. Previously, the setup would install everything except the actual drivers (meaning I would still get Radeon Settings and all that jazz). I would then manually install the drivers by going through Device Manager and using the "update" option. This worked.

With this driver, using the Setup gives me "Detection Driver Error. Contact AMD for assistance." (a different error than usual) and trying to manually install the drivers give me a message saying that my current drivers (not even AMD, but Microsoft Basic Display Adapter) are more recent, so it doesn't install them.

Edit2: Even after reinstalling 16.3.2, I still cannot install 16.6.1. Windows still tells me my current drivers are the best ones available and won't install them.

Soooooo I'm a bit screwed. I'll try installing 16.3.2 and installing the new ones over them.

Edit: This is the "normal" error I get: "Driver Install: Windows® version does not support this operation"
    And yes, I am indeed picking the right version before downloading. It installs manually fine.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  12. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    How bad is the Doom shimmering?

13. derpyQ

derpyQ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950 3GB
    Can someone please post the versions of the following?:
    2d Driver
    D3D Version
    OGL Version

14. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
  15. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Link of new Gpu tweak?

16. derpyQ

derpyQ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950 3GB
    :) Thanks

17. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Anyone else getting a detection driver error trying to install this package? Tried it via upgrade, tried it clean with DDU, but I get the error everytime. 16.5.3 installs just fine.

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I have added all Games from Shortcut (in DeskTop) to Crimson and Every Game works as intended.
    Always better to Just do it :nerd:

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Minority have this :bang:

Im Playing Now BF:H with Mantle of course and it's Solid as a Rock as Always !
    I have not seen problems wit it since the Begining of Win_X

CIV, BF:4, BF:H, Thief, Sniper III works Just Great, and Yes i can't go with Reshade ;-)

THAT FPS in MANTLE :banana:

20. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    AMD still updating their Mantle driver.

Nice.