Galaxy Note 7 smartphone renders surface

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Renders appeared online of what looks to be the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. The device has curved edges on the screen renders and virtually no bezels on the sides. The renders shows a USB port Type C as we...

Galaxy Note 7 smartphone renders surface

2. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Weird how they have skipped the Note 6 name

Amusingly though, i told my wife i wouldn't buy the Note 6 and would get the Note 7, which she agreed to!

3. JulianBr

JulianBr Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Looks good, but will it be released in Europe this time?

4. JulianBr

JulianBr Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    It's said that Samsung will ditch the 6 and go straight to 7 to match up with S7 lineup. Also some rumours that they will name it 7 instead of 6 because of the iPhone 7..

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    A curved edge... what a disappointment. Oh well, not like it'll be anything except (literally) $1000 here, so $1130 with taxes. I'll see if I can order a Zenfone 3 Ultra or something, not flagship specs but it's hard to top a 6.8" screen. That and I really dislike AMOLED, due to the constant fear of burn-in and pseudo-resolution causing way more than necessary resources to be used. Not being able to leave a static screen so I can prolong my phone's life sucks.

Ever seen a demo model of any AMOLED phone? Horrible burn in. That includes the the S7 and S7E.

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Our eyes would get "burn-in" too, if it was possible to leave them open for prolonged period of time.

That's why we shut them. :D

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I've seen Nexus 6 and 6Ps get burn-in on the top bar within 1 month of use. That would annoy the crap out of me. Samsung keeps their best samples for their own phones though so you'd hope they won't burn in as easily. So far whatever I got on my S5 is not noticeable if it's there, but I've been very careful to never have the screen static over the entire 2 years I've had it. I want to NOT have to do that.

8. When would this burn in actually affect you though? retail demos get burn in because they show the same thing every day, all day, especially after customers adjust timeouts, or the ones that have the burn in "samsung" for example in the middle of the screen - this is usually when a retail model has a fault and its looping..and therefore since it loops while its booting the samsung logo gets burnt in, again this won't be a problem for you under normal use. Even for the grannies that take 4-6 hours to write a text message there's no real excuse for your screen to get burn under normal use - the screen should time out and go to sleep after a minute or two of inactivity and if you're staring at your phone for several hours on end without scrolling or tabbing, you're doing it wrong. Also, with marshmellow the top bar is transparent now and your icons are grey to minimize the possibility of burn in anyway.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm well aware. But those Nexuses I mentioned got burn-in with standard use in under 30 days. All it takes is bad luck and you get a crappy panel. Samsung, which I've dealt with extensively, sure as hell won't replace it either if you bought a device from them. The rumour goes that they keep the A quality panels for themselves and sell only their reject panels. I haven't confirmed that though.

For now I'm using Cyanogen 13, basically close to stock Android 6.0.1. So all the info at the top is white, meaning all subpixel colours are on for maximum burn-in compared to surrounding pixels.

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Looks identical to the already old Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and the new S7 Edge. No innovation and same old design...

Also no stereo speakers giving only crappy mono sound also from the back of the phone?

I'll pass...