GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.22 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, May 23, 2016.

1. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Anyone else having this issue?

When I updated to this driver, it broke Vsync in videos (netflix, youtube, etc) in Chrome (haven't tried any other browsers). I tried reinstalling, using DDU, etc, and nothing fixed it except this:

The "fix" was to force Vsync in the drivers for chrome, and that made it work okay.

Not 100% sure, but I THINK the vsync only broke when the video was full screen.

Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Seems to be a Chromium wide issue and I'd argue that it's something that Chrome devs need to fix (or turn off if that was intentional).

Btw, I checked Youtube and it works fine for me on v51x64 beta. Try the beta channel of Chrome maybe?

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  3. MediumChill

MediumChill Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970
    I got a lot of screen tearing in dark souls 3 with this driver. Didn't notice in other games I played (overwatch, rocket league).

Forced vsync on/off, still happened. Rolled back driver. I didn't experiment much because I'm ok with rolling back.

Drivers have been Meh lately for me.

4. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    Haven't scanned this whole thread but I have noticed there's been a dip in The Division since I went up to these 22's?

I don't remember much below 60FPS with the 19's at all, if any, but it's very regular under these.

Could be an illogically logical glitch as always but anyone else noticed Division losing performance on these?

5. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Just tried it. It seemed to have fixed youtube's tearing, but not Netflix's. Weird. Thanks, though! I wouldn't have thought to try that

6. skryabin

skryabin Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X

Well, fact is the tearing started after upgrading drivers to 368.22
    It's not easy to notice it, since most of the time there's no tearing at all.
    I doubt it's a chrome issue, tried every branch from stable to canary, and I can reproduce the tearing on all of them.
    Even other apps based on chromium source, like steam, are having this sort of troubles...

Forcing vsync in drivers control panel doesn't work.
    On the browser only fullscreen seems affected, in video players it's more evident but I was able to reproduce tearing while scrolling a static webpage too (in fullscreen window of course, F11)

In 90% you won't notice it, so I can understand why many are saying everything is ok on their side.
    Tearing happens only under certain circumstances (fullscreen) and it's pretty random (in my case at least)

EDIT: anyone tried to rollback to a previous driver? I'm going to check an old driver on the next driver release.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  7. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @skryabin i didn't notice the tearing. maybe is yr monitor?

8. skryabin

skryabin Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I'm not alone as you can see

No, it's not the monitor
    Monitor is fine, I don't have any tearing doing other things, gaming included.

It's the vsync broken for chrome/chromium fullscreen, and not all the time, just randomly

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    latest stable version on chrome? i'll look at it.

10. skryabin

skryabin Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    50, 51, 52, 53

it doens't matter, replicated the tearing bug on all the branches, from stable to canary...

If I have time I'll record a video with a camera, that's the only way to show vsync issues

EDIT: ok, I managed to record a small video
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbbsc8u0ogy8wd0/test vsync.mp4?dl=0

Sorry the poor quality, but I think it's explanatory.

If you use the browser normally, switching fullscreen to play streams/videos from time to time, you'll get the tearing bug eventually, and it's so annoying...

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    No tearing in steam grid view or any mode

12. skryabin

skryabin Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I don't have any tearing in steam too, just the random vsync broken in fullscreen chrome

If steam is tearing for someone it could be the chromium code, a connection between the issues is very likely.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    what the hell is " Optimal power " in power management line ??

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    ..still tearing when "browsing" - profile...store...but the weird thing its not always, i just looked its gone, a few minutes before i had tearing, wtf..
    maybe how quick i scroll with MMB, lol..

15. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I think it's a combination of new Nvidia drivers and something changed within Chrome. Because it doesn't happen with older Nvidia drivers, or AMD drivers, and it happens in everything that's using a newer version of Chromium (like, well, Chrome, and Steam).

So it's either a fix Nvidia has to make in their drivers, or a fix Chromium needs in relation to new Nvidia drivers. Or something? IDK.

The depressing thing is, is I think this is going to be the kind of issue that no one really notices or complains about, so it's going to be a while if there's ever going to be any real fixes.

Like back when many, many, many years ago, proper display scaling and messed up overlay colors were borked on Nvidia drivers -- for like.. two years. Because they were such niche things that almost no one complained.

Can't particularly complain about it... because, again, it's not a thing many people are going notice or even care about, even if it does really bother me. I just can hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later. Till then, forcing Vsync works, and I can deal. (Though, forcing vsync does not work to fix Steam... nothing I can find can fix that other than running in Big Picture.)

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Batman Arkham Origins

Driver enhanced MFAA is bugged and shows Ambient occlusion silhouettes.

Tested MSAA and TXAA, happens by both.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    As soon as I switch to game FXAA or no AA it disappears.

I saw similar glitch in Rise of TombRaider too, but here it was ingame SSAA + FXAA + HBAO fault.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    These drivers are constantly showing 100% GPU utilization in AB/RTSS. It was 99% max on all previous ones. Seems like something's changed in the utilization reporting.

18. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    thanks for sharing but seriously not in my case.

19. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    Texture flickering in Overwatch with SLI Force Alt 2 enabled.

I didn't have this issue before, but now I do, these are supposed to be FOR Overwatch WTF.

20. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Pretty positive its required for nvfbc which has huge benefits in steam streaming. This is its only real use IMO.