Australian GTX1080 pricing

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by djm67, May 27, 2016.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Can't remember who got the card lol.

Funny, I'll be in Bratis**** in two weeks too, going for a weekend 10-12 June :)

It's good to be back :)

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC

My wife just told me that our daughter will be in B r a t i s l a v a from 9-13 June, don't know at what hotel they'll gonna stay, if you're interested I'll can send you where they'll have their performance, few times a day, I'm not sure...

World is so small... :)

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah man, sounds good! I'm there with my mates on a stag do (they wanted to go to Slovakia to see where I'm from) and we'll be up to seeing some cultural stuff. We've already looked at some activities but I'm sure we could squeeze that in, no problem. Otherwise we'll just be drinking beer and watching football haha. We're staying at Ibis Central (right in the centre, under the castle).

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    My flat is actually 86m2 with that 872€ rent. I live 30 kilometers from Helsinki takes me 20-30 minutes by train to get to the central station which is spot on middle of Helsinki. My work commute is to the other way and costs me 160€ a month lol.

Tbh Helsinki is a nice place to live. With everything close.

I might once I move change 3 fish tanks to two :D one f huge. This is my other passion with electronics.

Next year going to look for a new job closer to Helsinki because commuting is 100% easier. Trains every 10 minutes + few in between from here. And I can travel all around the capital area for 150€ a month. I think that is a steal :D

5. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    I've never been to Slovakia, but my parents were back in 70s and 80s when Slovakia was the part of Czechoslovakia, my dad often starts talking about (Czecho)Slovakia with: "...that beer, still I can feel its taste..." :D

I'll PM you something when I found out more about my daughter's performances in B r a t i s l a v a, probably will know more detailed info after talk with her over the Skype when she gets there.

6. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    In Portugal a 1080gtx 800€, thank you nvidia... But with dunovo I won't be buying new hardware in the next 5 to ten years I really can't afford expensive hardware needed for expensive software... Sorry, blame IMF or EU.

http://www.aquapc.com/loja/produto.php?p=13388

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    That's imo the biggest problem these days for us younger folks. That and simply put pricing of housing.

Even my parents their house, the past 10 years it has tripled in value :x

8. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    Same thing in NZ.

They (govt) don't include housing prices/rent into the inflation figures so they pretend that its at 2-3% when the reality is its 11-14%

In real terms by buying power has dropped 30-40% in the last 5 years though my wages are only up about 15%.

Its a scam by those that have money. Housing should be a human right and not open to speculation.

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If people feel shafted on the price, then price is a consideration in the purchase of the card as it is for most people. The best idea then would be to choose the best card for you based on price and performance, whether it is from Nvidia or AMD.

If you have to 'save up' for the GTX1080 or any other card, then it is not worth spending the money on it. You would be better off buying what you can and saving for your next complete upgrade, other incidentals, and the next, next gen video card :). By the time that comes around, you should just be able to buy it (taking price into consideration, not just blindly buying a GTX 1180 because you can then 'afford it'). If it comes to that point and you still have to save, then the simple answer would be not to upgrade and work out how to better save.

10. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970

We both live in the most expensive areas in Canada I live in the GVRD which is the same as GTA(I'm from London btw).I live in an apartment hydro about 130 bucks a month with 950 for rent.So I can see why you think that Eclaps figures aren't accurate but if you travel and live outside those areas they are significantly cheaper.That's why government figures seem out of wack to you as they're averages.Single family homes average price around here are over a million dollars everything is relative.

11. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Just a quick update about GTX 1080 FE prices here in Serbia atm...

Asus GTX 1080 FE, the only one regurarly available GTX 1080 atm at Serbia retailers (I'm not talkin about illegal "Hugarian importers"):

879.30€ - 948.19€
    994.43US$ - 1071.27US$
    :bonk:
    Hello brain, where are you...?! What a ripoff....

[​IMG]

Really don't know anyone here who's going to spend that kind of money on that card. Maybe son of some local drug dealer, politician or something but for ordinary people here (even for entusiast with wallets thicker than average Joe's) this price is just...just... i don't know a right curse for it :cussing:

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its insane. Even the non-FE cards will not be much cheaper (if at all). They probably charge something like 500€ for 1070 when it arrives, silly nvidia.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Is it Nvidia or just the retailers/AIB charging more?

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForc...e=UTF8&qid=1465558810&sr=1-2&keywords=GTX1080

There is a Zotac FE for $850..

Yet people bought the superior ASUS Strix for $640 from newegg yesterday.

I mean every GPU launch, especially on a new node is like this and people always seem to forget that. Demand is really high, supply is really low and the retailers can charge whatever they want.

14. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    NVidia is on the third place when it comes to blame for GTX 1080 prices here in Serbia. First place on the trone is reserved for greedy Serbian importers, second place belongs to "fantastic" 20% VAT and third is for NVidia.

No way GTX 1070 is gonna cost just 500€ when it comes here, no f*cking way! With GTX 980Ti prices going from 739€ (834US$) to 866€ (978$) here no one would buy 980Ti when you can get perfomance similar 1070 with 2GB GDDR5 more than 980Ti's 6GB. When GTX 1070 comes here it's going to cost at least 650€, mark my words...

^^^^ Jesus fvucking Christ!!! I'm living in a wrong country :bang:

Here importers/retailers are charging extra-extra for year, sometimes even two years after initial launch, doesn't matter if it's just a mid-renge or hi-end card. Prices are going down here like a snail on the midday sun... :(

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What about those "Hugarian importers"? You think it will be cheaper buying a smuggled card without warranty, nah.

I've been seeing some Netherlands users here on guru3d talking about pricing there, its same crap we have here. Who knows what place is nvidia to blame but this prices are outrages.

@Denial please dont talk about US prices when we talk EU prices. I mean we are fcked here so it hurts when you say "it costs only 640$".

16. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Few of my friends are buying HW for years from "Hungarian importers", few minor problems they had with warranty were solved at the end (few weeks later than usual) but no one is complaining about anything much, especially when it comes to prices. I admit, there is a risk involved, that "importer" could just vanish over the night (if state of Serbia decides to do some actions about them) but it's a risk I'm willing to accept: haven't had a HW failure for more than 15 years, few ancient KB's and mouses died on me years ago and that's it.

Probably this is my best option to get 1070 cheapest possible: in local village (Maradik) I have a good friend who has a dual Serbian/Hungarian citizenship, more than 90% of tech in his house he bought in Hungary. He goes there once or twice a month, he even has an apartment there. But he doesn't know jack about PC hardware, although I'm sure he would smuggle any type of HW for me without any additional costs so I'll have an eye on him for this. But GTX 1080 is out of the question, it's an overkill for 1080p gaming, GTX 1070 is what I'm aiming for because my son doean't plan to move on from his 24" 1080p screen anytime soon...

Yep, it hurts, hurts badly... :(

17. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Sucks.:banana:

18. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    1200 AUS $ is about £620

The gtx 1080 is about £600 in the UK

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    No.
    First to blame is Nvidia.
    But not because they're ripping us off, but because of the low supply(/demand ratio). And "greedy" retailers are just reacting by trying to keep product in stock. And trying to make a living too.

New process, new hot gfx lineup, etc. Once production meets demand prices will go down.

20. Musouka

Musouka Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX970
    On Amazon Japan, the 1080 FE is over ¥100K while the 1070 FE is around ¥65K :banana: