Big problem with My 650 ti boost

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Halulam, May 12, 2016.

1. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    Hi all,

I posted a topic about my problem on Nvidia forum and it seem no one actually cares about it, so I came here to seek help from you guys if you have an idea about the issue, here my two posts :

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Could you run the GPU render test from GPU-Z and Prime95 at the same time?

I'm suspecting your PSU is not up to the task.

3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    That does sound like a psu issue but 500 watts for that card schould be plenty I suspect.Maybe try putting everything to default then run some stress tests, see if that helps? If nothing I would just re-install windows and start from scratch. Just my opinion but I could be wrong.

4. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    Thanks for your consideration guys! :)

Hi, I have AIDA 64 so I can run the CPU and GPU stress at the same time.

Yea I suspected the PSU too but Its troublsome to be sure about that case, My card is not OC so I run every thing pretty much at stock settings, my 1st suspect is the driver so I will try to roll back to an mid 2015 version and see if it solve my issue before taking any drastic action.

here some update from geforce forum :

Edit : also when my frequencies are stuck the freezes/restarts disappear, but after reinstalling the driver the frequency will acte normally but the trouble return with it.

Last edited: May 12, 2016

5. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    Hi again, I rolled back to the 355.60 driver and everything's seem fine now, I will test for 3 days and update this topic if I encounter the same problem with this driver.

If I can never update for newer driver because of this, I will consider to switch to AMD for my next purchase.

Thanks anyway for concern.

6. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    Well it's the 2rd day with the old 355.60 driver and everythings work fine so far, no freezes and pc blocking on gaming, and the frequency are switching from idle to p-stats smoothly, I will try to do some more tests tomorrow, am not sure but it probably come from the newer drivers...

Shame that Nvidia went down lately with their drivers quality, they used to be much more clean in that area...