The Four New GeForce GTX 1070 and 1080 Related Technologies

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 9, 2016.

1. Osamar

Osamar Guest

GPU:
    Gforce 560 Ti 1Gb
    If I have understood correctly HANSEL working way, a game would disable HANSEL in MP and activate it in SP.

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You react to reaction of reaction. So read my 1st post here, to get into image...

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How can it be used for cheating?

Its essentially is noclip with a photographic filter. There is no transparency option. Do people cheat in CS:GO right now using noclip? No. How is this any different?

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    dont think they will give that benefit in MP. its about equality, so its just another awesome extra people can use in single player.
    Im glad things like this are happening on PC, it needs more innovative things like this.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't even understand the argument.

You can free roam right now in like 90% of games. It's disabled in multiplayer. This is literally the same exact thing except it gives you instagram filters and options to output to a higher resolution by slicing the FOV. This isn't some magical process that's hijacking the game engine.

6. Primey0

Primey0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    Have you not used your brain for once and thought the developers clearly know this and have disabled it for Multiplayer? Also that example is totally ridiculous, there isn't even a transparency option.

I honestly don't think you thought that comment through before posting :3eyes:

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If it is 3D, then it means it is stereoscopic. Do you know what makes images to show depth? Difference in position between having one viewport and 2 for stereoscopic?

I apparently used those few brain cells I still have :) However you ...
    I guess, you know how easy is to have anticheat for game to control what 3rd party proprietary library does and does not.
    Or how easy is to protect your game against wrapper written for such library, especially if game code is made in way that this 3rd party library can have unrestricted access to scene and settings.

8. Whats the new SLI tech? title mentioned it but I cant see anything on it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  9. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    the extra horse power by itself is lowering latency already. this is just another way for taking advantage of the GPU's strength.
    a CPU could probably be used to a lesser degree. real time ray tracing is out of its league, though I'm not sure how such audio processing compares with visuals in terms of performance impact.
    I guess they can cut some more corners in accuracy to lessen the performance penalty. maybe even a dedicated geforce card could be used for both PhysX & OptiX :)

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  10. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Does anyone know if their new high bandwidth SLI bridges are going to look like the ones pictured..? I hope these do not interfere with third party liquid cooling setups. Just looks like there is an added lip that could interfere with certain connections.

11. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Love the SMP - Simultaneous Multi-Projection!

It should have been done years ago by both NVidia and AMD...

When I used to play stuff like Battlefield on three 24" monitors, even my 7 year old nethew used to laugh that the two side monitor images were all warped and distorted so not really much use or good to look at straight on!

If it is hardware based, does that mean the correction will work in existing games like Battlefield 4 and Starwars Battlefront then?

Yes might make my next card be NVidia then unless AMD does something spectacular...

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Viewport is defined by few numbers and is very simple math. This type of correction can be done and likely is done by software.
    They had good idea. But I'll ask you question about angle control. You have to tell driver at what angle screens are turned. What happens if someone hacks driver and unlocks 360° freedom?
    Will you play with 2nd screen looking behind you?

This may be good for 360° projection in room. That's for sure.

13. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    The Simultaneous Multi-Projection looks very very nice. If I still ran triple monitors I would be extremely interested in a pair of 1070s for that feature combined with 8GB VRAM.

14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Hmm, that's not the way I read it.

I think you'll find it's an SDK/middleware used as part of the creation process. Just like you bake lighting, you now bake audio so your audio files bounce off 3D surfaces, according to the pre-baked audio solver.

It's really no different than any of the other solvers they got for fluids, particles, lighting etc.

Hey, but I stand to be corrected.

15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I can't believe nvidia keep supporting DVI. It really should die, but having dual link DVI korean monitor, I can't really complain.

16. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Right.... Can not understand that method.

17. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    For sure...! I do wish I'd have kept my BenQ triple setup now.

18. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Can anyone provide any info on this subject.? I sure hope they do not shoot themselves in the foot like MSI did with the release of their after market lightning coolers. Those coolers did not allow for the standard "PCB" SLI connection due to their large and oversized heatpipes on their coolers. I had to use "flexi" ribbon style bridges and figure out which card went to which bridge connector and so on....

I mean it all worked in the end....after buying quite a few looooooong SLI ribbons that I did not even know they made that big..., but it was horrendous to look at.

19. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Why is that...? If performance is there then it should not matter right.? I always say...OC.....OC.......OC!.!.! Especially if they give you headroom with monster cooling.