RadeonMod (Tweak Utility)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Oct 23, 2015.

1. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    What's the best settings in Radeon Mod

Hello.can you share the best balanced settings for perfomance and quality that should be used on Radeon Gpu by using Radeon Mod? Thanks.

2. edneyhelene

edneyhelene Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x MSI OC Gaming 2gb
    still looking for the same!

yeah im looking for the same!

3. AgentWafflez

AgentWafflez Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390
    These are the only settings i've changed and have improved my minimum fps by quite a bit.

0000 Tab:
    DisableDMACopy change from Not found to 1
    DisableBlockWrite change from Not found to 0
    PP_MCLKStutterModeTreshold Change from 30000 to you monitors ms response time for exampple mine is a 2ms response tiem change it to 2000
    StutterMode change from 2 to 0

UMD Tab:
    Main3D_DEF it's your pre-rendered frames change from 3 to what ever you like max is five 0 is minimum.
    Main3Dset it to match your pre-rendered frames if you set 1 in the above the 0x3100=1

The 2 above help tremendously with low end cpus. If you have an amd cpu with a high end card ex: a r9 390 gtx 970 and above set to 1 or even 0.This way you won't see huge drops anymore with games that are cpu bound like bf4 in some maps darksouls 3 ect.

ShaderCache If you want to force it globally set it to 0x3200 changing this might make the shader cache option disappear from radeon settings but it still works. U'll see chrome and other programs open a bit smoother and faster.
    TextureLod_DEF Makes textures sharper set to -1 if you want sharper textures -3 makes them super sharp.

Tweaks tab:
    Toggle DX9 Tweaks to ON for older gcn cards new gcn handles dx9 games better.
    ULPS to OFF
    Crimson Power Saving To OFF

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yeah OK. Peak into my Thread also.

3D Render ahead i have on 3 (for older CPUs set to 2, i didn't try it on 0-1)
    SET Aniso to HQ in Tray ! (Looks Awesome GOOD but it has some FPS hit ~1-3FPS depends on Game)

Also make sure to have old CCC from 15.11.1beta instaled on top of Crimson 16.5.x
    (some of my Radeon Tweaks need that !)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2016

5. Kuss

Kuss Member Guru

GPU:
    7800xt
    is CCC Needed?

6. edneyhelene

edneyhelene Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x MSI OC Gaming 2gb

Tnks alot!

7. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Well i think you found some kind of magic formula here lol, it's weird been playing gta5 on crimson 16.5.1 and after applying these my overall power usage is lower (via watts display on ups) but frames and smoothness is just as good. If anything smoother. If there is any loss of IQ i can't see it. I personally set all the flip-queue settings to 2 for mine, going to 1 seems to make things feel a little more jerky.

8. Allanmau22

Allanmau22 Guest

GPU:
    --
    Hi :)

I was messing with the CCC settings, and noticed that the value for Main3D changed every time that I moved the slider in Gaming>Gaming Performance>Standard 3D Settings, and what I get from this is that Main3D=0 stands for CustomSettings, 1 for OptimalPerformance, 2 for Performance, 3 for Balanced, 4 for Quality and 5 for OptimalQuality.

And another observation in "C:\Users\[YourUser]\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles.xml" where it says "CatalystAI", it seems that when you set Main3D to 1 or OptimalPerformance it changes "CatalystAI" from "Enable" to "Enable2". What does that mean or what is the difference between "Enable" and "Enable2"?

Thanks for the program/tool, you are awesome guys :3.

*I have installed the latest amd hotfix 16.5.1 and installed CCC from the 15.1.1 beta.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    THX for using it + exploring it :)
    I will pack some new Tweaks in the Future but we need to wait for New Crimsons + POLARIS :nerd:

10. slash_One

slash_One Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6770x2
    this is very old CatalystAI setting, also can be changed here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI\ACE\Settings\Dashboard\Graphics\Radeon3D
    AIMode=2

There are 3 settings: disabled, standard and advanced. I'm using AIMode=2 -advanced, I believe its better for crossfire

11. Allanmau22

Allanmau22 Guest

GPU:
    --
    Oh I see now, thank you :)

12. Allanmau22

Allanmau22 Guest

GPU:
    --
    Ok
    I will be waiting for future updates :3

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    New crimsons when? End of the year? or sooner?

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Polaris ! New Crimsons will be avaible June 24-30 :)
    And then i will Have new GPU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurray :nerd:

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Alright it will still be called crimson or they will change the name though?

Thanks for the answer.

16. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    TBH, it's not a great idea to throw a better amd gpu on your current cpu than what you already have, but hopefully dx12 will provide some boost for you.

17. AgentWafflez

AgentWafflez Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390
    Hey guys i just found out via amd's reddit that doom has open gl 4.3 on amd and 4.5 on nvidia. Is there a way to get doom to use open gl 4.5 like theoneofgod posted on his blog putting the dll's on the windows system folder or maybe on the game folder. Is it something that amd has to fix on their drivers? Thanks in advance.

18. apple26

apple26 Guest

GPU:
    asda
    Hey everyone, just found out this tool, but I have a problem. I have one 7870 Hd, when I do my settings and restart driver, it all goes black, nothing comes up then I restart my computer and the pc doesnt recognize my GPU. I was wondering if I was doing smt wrong:! thanks everyone

19. Hockalugie

Hockalugie Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4GB
    Same here so I just restart the machine and don't mess with restart driver. Works just fine that way.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Mandatory? NO
    But it will add you some room in regard of Tweaking Area :)

I have it along with newest 16.5.3 working OK.
    HQ Aniso for Heroes VII looking Crispy and Clean :nerd: