Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Wow this is a great game for free:) Just one question should i have the force resolution setting on or off? I play at 2560x1440 @120hz gsync on

2. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    The Lambo Vs Ferrari stage is quite challenging! It's tricky to get "perfect passes" and I cannot seem to catch up with the Ferrari! Loving it though. Have played a bit of Forza 6 on my buddies xbone...cannot wait for a full version of Forza on PC!

3. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    I believe you want it off.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Leaving that setting on will force the game to run at higher resolutions than the desktop/native one, i.e. if you have DSR enabled then you can run at 4K downsampled to 1920x1080 for example. If you turn it off then the game will be restricted to the desktop/native resolution (which it refers to misleadingly as window size since DX12 apps run in borderless window not fullscreen).

Last edited: May 6, 2016

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is anyone else getting a blank Forza Motorsport 6 Apex (Beta) icon when they drag the All Program shortcut onto the desktop? It worked for Killer Instinct and Quantum Break but doesn't for this new game.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That would explain why it was so smooth Alt-Tab out and Alt-Enter for full screen again then

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, same here.

Anyone know where the MS store puts the game files?

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

I think

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Cheers, just made an icon for now - hopefully they will sort it :)

10. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Thanks Darren

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's harder on my CPU than my GPU. My GPU is at 862Mhz most of the time but two of my cpu cores are at 100% all the time while the other two are practically idle. Weird. A little microstutter but considering the beta label, it can easily be overlooked for now. Also my system RAM usage goes up from ~3GB to ~10GB. That's pretty high for a racer imho but whatever. I have plenty to spare :p

Nice game overall, especially for the price. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Downloading now. :D

Sadly had to remove some games, cause you can't change install location unless i mod the registry.

13. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Yeah i bet that's what it is

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You could have changed it in Settings->System->Storage.

15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Can't even get past the "Press A to start" It does nothing when I press it.
    I also bought tomb raider on windows store and that wouldn't even start. UWP is ****ing CRAP

16. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Now wut do we have here, leftovers from the port?

[​IMG]

17. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Plays well on my system after some adjustments. I had to set rendering to medium because it said I didn't have enough VRAM for anything higher. My card has 2gb. I set AF to 2X and MSAA to 4X, I've gotten through 6 of the phases so far. It runs smooth and looks great but occasionally crashes saying my computer is out of memory. That happens every time If I use anything but the manufacturer's colors for my car and happened once another time when going to the next race. After the first crash the video settings reverted to low with no AA at all and it looked terrible. Setting things back to medium and 4X MSAA with 2X AF it looks great. I left everything else on Dynamic and I have no idea what kind of fps I'm getting but it runs smooth so I really don't care. It is a beta after all so I'm sure the issues will get ironed out.

The game initially would not load at all because it said my video driver was incompatible. I was using Crimson 16.3.2, I had to update to the latest 16.5.1 driver for the game to load. It does load very slowly though.

18. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    After racing the Ford GT in one race and 1965 Ford Mustang in another race, the game locked up while trying to load the third race after choosing the VW Golf.

19. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    What I find odd is that I can't set the Dynamic Render Quality to Ultra. I thought it was related to my VRAM (GTX 970), but other people with GTX 970's are able to do it. So, I think it may actually be because my PC only has 8GB of RAM. Hm. Anyone else having a similar situation or have 16GB+ and it let them select it?

20. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Well, so far with my 290 on Crimson 16.4.1's the experience has been less than impressive. I have only been able to make it through the first race with the Ford GT, and all attempts at races in the "campaign" or free play just lock up the instant I hit the race button. Interestingly, the music keeps playing forever and ever until I Alt+F4.

Also, even if I do a reboot and a fresh launch to change the video settings and then back out and quit without a crash, every launch of the game resets EVERYTHING to default. The one race I was able to do ran perfectly fine with all settings to max, even 8xMSAA. So performance seems to be ahead of where it needs to be but with stability lacking a good bit. Off to try Crimson 16.5.1's and see if it changes anything...