Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I really hope its 1944 man, that would be so good. or cold war era! Dount it will be WW1, but other 2 are possible!

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X

WWI: Mortar everyone !!!!!! :nerd:

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Riding a horse and swinging sword :D !!! They did add sword to Hardline...damn please no DICE!

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  4. Karl

Karl Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 3070
    Few things I hope to see in the upcoming game:
    1) Better vehicle physics. I can't remember having any problems with BFBC2's or any earlier earlier BF's vehicle physics but in BF3 it suddenly got really crap. Tanks slide like they don't even have tracks and all land vehicles have problems with climbing uphill when you didn't speed up before. Also, vehicle collision is horrible. After BF3 I thought it can't get any worse but BF4 proved me wrong. Same problems as BF3 but only thing that got better was vehicle collision. When driving in BF4 it doesn't feel like front wheels are turning but the whole vehicle is just turned X degrees which makes the vehicle drift all the time. Also, small bumps make transport vehicles bounce all over the place with random acceleration.

2) Proper reviving mechanics. I like how in BF4 they made it so that when you died right after you got revived then you can't get revived again. But I don't like how you have to charge defibs to give 100% revive. The idea is good but in my opinion it just don't work in BF. In BF3 it felt like people actually wanted to revive which made you feel like you are part of the team but in BF4 medics seem to only care about their own life. Also, it seems that in BF4 dead bodies are handled by the client as dead bodies are at different location for each player. In previous BFs you had to revive the player but in BF4 you have to revive their gun which is really stupid. Also, the range of defibs is insane.

3) Proper jumping mechanics. In BF3 it felt quite broken but most of the times it worked fine. However in BF4 it got total crap. Can't even count how many times I have died simply because I had to jump 3 times over an object but still failed and got shot. There are even low objects that you can't jump over at all even though you can jump over an object that is twice as high.

4) Accurate hitboxes for objects. BF4 maps are infested with invisible hitboxes. In Zavod there are even identical looking metal stairs which you can shoot through the steps in one place of the map but not in the other. Also, in some maps in some places there are invisible hitboxes in the air.

5) Remove lifts. These are like the worst things they have introduced to the game. I rather have couple of recons waste a chopper to get on some roof than whole team being able to just ride a lift there. Lifts just encourage more people to camp on roofs. Also, people riding lifts are at major disadvantage since people can just put a C4 or just camp in front of the lift (I don't blame them as it's what you are supposed to do but it's just stupid that game support such scenarios).

6) This one is hard to fix but they should get rid of head glitching "fix" which they introduced in BF4. It makes the player shoot the wall in front of them when they are too close to it. This isn't a bad thing but what I don't like about this is that you can see that your gun is on top of the wall instead in front of it.

7) Another lame "fix" they added was anti legs through walls (or how I should call it lol). It just makes you feel like the soldier you control is a retarded. Just imagine in real life you go prone on a crane and you turn a bit then for no reason your uncontrollable legs start pushing you forwards and make you fall down the crane. Just give soldiers back their magic legs.

5. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I didn't compare the two games, just the numbers. I can give other examples as well. There are may games with larger numbers than BF4.

I never ran into "any" Russian players, so maybe an issue in your area?

I know people will defend BF4 to the death, and I get it. But I really didn't like BF4. I still have killed around corners issues "even on 60 hz servers" I still get bullet sponges that take no damage, one shot killed. And just the sloppiest gun play of any FPS I have played, and that's many over the years. I only have 380 hours in BF4 and pre ordered it, and played only a few games all last month.

And that aggravating packet loss icon, even though, Pathping, ping, tracert and speed test.net show no packet loss, yep that's zero packet loss, even when run pathping with game open and yet the icon is still visible. /Bah

3 different routers, tried connecting straight to the cable modem, called my isp and they came out 3 times, Tried every fix on the internet. Nothing fix's this, and I see many with the same problem. Two different computers.

Sloppy game, that after 3 years, still has sound and netcode issues.

Just my humble opinion, no more.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    So hold on, no theme has been officially confirmed YET?

So far i think it will be modern day like BF4 or futuristic but i really hope it's WW2 as we still don't have a next gen WW2 game apart from the kickstarter games like Battalion 1944.

7. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Official word comes this Friday.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah thank god, i'm always off work on Thursday and Friday, i need to know asap. :wanker:

9. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Can't believe how hyped I am for this. Feel like a kid at xmas.

10. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Maaan,I really hope they will not @@@@ it because
    Battlefield is the only game I love play online to death.
    I was so disappointed about battlefront and hard-line...
    Battlefield 4 is the best online shooter I ever played. I even closed my eyes on all the technical problems.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Sounds good, except the revive thing. I think it's good the way it is charging up. And yeah, range is weird large at times. They improved with the targeting yet sometimes it's still buggy.

And what in my statement contradicted you?

12. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nothing in your statement, I think it was the rolled eyes at the end?

13. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    You compared current number of users at a specific moment in a day to total number of users for a whole day which is not the same thing.

14. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No... I used peak numbers per a 24 hour period.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I meant to say, it's clear CSGO has more players, but I don't see the comparison all too well matching the point I was trying to making.

I wouldn't really compare those games as CSGO has a player base that only fluctuates through banning of cheaters (j/k), and it's not released anew every two or three years with a new game like Battlefield. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me as somebody who doesn't follow CSGO too closely, I don't have the impression people liking this kind of gameplay could move to something else. Yet BF4's gameplay attracts people also enjoying COD, various mods back in the day (Day of Defeat), Battlefront, Hardline... they're all competing for the same player base, whereas I had the subjective feeling that the number of players that would play both CSGO and BF4 isn't as big as with the examples I gave.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I play both games and what i feel it in cs go the shooting mechanics are really hard to master, but u can have more influence on proceedings compared to playing bf4 64 player map for example, u ll have all kinds of rambos going solo not sticking to any strategy to takr the objective, i find myself being alone most of the time. U need an squad leader in every game telling u where to go but still rambos want to go solo...

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Absolutely right, far to many mini rambos out there thinking BF4 is a one man / one tank show. Until they're done. Luckily I only game with at least one buddy of mine, at times we're still 4 active players in our own squad, that helps to find some fun in the game still, and get stuff done. On the other hand, it's easy to wipe out half the enemy team if you play together, and they don't. It's all a matter of communication in the end.

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea i like charging too, played BF3 recently and i definitely like BF4 revive better. Apart from weird range like you 2 mentioned.

Also what time is it on friday? Is it 9pm UK time? I always get confused with time zones.

19. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ah.

Point taken. Apologies if I came off as rash.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I smell space ships.