AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.4.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Jimdriver2

Jimdriver2 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X x2 Crossfire
    I'm doing a 180 on what I said earlier in the thread.

I'm just playing The Division at the moment and these drivers, despite technically getting CF working are worse. They got rid of the flickering but the performance I think is actually worse. FPS seems lower on average, drops below 30 at times and I've had moments of complete slow down. If you then try to play it with just one card the performance is terrible, goes into the mid 20's for me.

I rolled back to 16.3.2 and its running nicely again.

I'm planning on majorly updating my GPU when the new cards are announced. Going to go full high-end, 980ti / Fury price level. I know Nvidia isn't without their problems but if after reviews the two sides are close I'm going Green just to see what the alternative experience is like.

2. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Scaling depends on the game really. Some games it is great, some not so much.

You are probably right about multiples of 60 as well, I though about that when i posted.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  3. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Why we dont have a utility like ''NVIDIA Inspector''
    Is it hard to make?

So we can mess with profiles and stuff like that.

Correct me if im wrong here. :3eyes:

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    AMD's CF profiles are pretty complex, some are simple, but some are damn long binary information.
    And on top of that they were hard coded in one dat file and one dll. Now I think it is only in one library.

Basically to hack this, someone would have to decompile that library, put its guts (profiles) into xml or other well manageable format.
    And then someone would have to have deep understanding how those profiles actually work and make editor for that xml.

And there is some other thing, AMD is currently redoing CCC into Radeon Settings and that includes a lot of changes under the hood.
    Basically any work done in this hack could stop working with any driver release.

I am sure, that AMD has some special and complex tool to manage those profiles, but it probably can do a lot more, like altering/disabling certain shaders, control transparency levels and such.

They can't release game hacking tool.

6. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    RadeonPro is as close as we get. It's actually not too far off. If I remember correctly the guy who made it got hired at AMD or somewhere similar and so production kind of stopped mostly. You would think AMD would just like, incorporate it into the driver control panel or something. But I get the feeling AMD thinks their user base is too dumb to customize how the driver runs.

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yeah the guy got hired byt AMD Gaming Evolved Team i think.

8. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    Probably me, but isn't the individual game settings meant to overrule the global settings?

I'm trying to make every game bar CS:GO be limited to 74fps for freesync, but turning it off in the CS:GO profile still locks it to 74fps?

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    He got hired by Raptr to basically implement the recording part of their app. Raptr has a contract with AMD, but it is not AMD.

10. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Isn't that easier just to use in-game max framerate limit command? I'm not playing cs go but i am aware that it has command like this.

11. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    It does yeah, and that does work. I was more wondering why it doesn't work from the driver.

No biggie.

EDIT: hang on, you've got it backwards. I want every game BUT CS:GO to be limited lol

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Dunno what happened or when, but GTA V running 60fps @2560x1440 :banana:
    It used to be around 50fps. Now it's pegged at 60.

13. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    As AMD is not willing or able to release their DX11 driver sources, I think one way to go for the community would be to build a DX11 to DX12 wrapper. It could implement multi-core support, CrossFire, editable profiles, and everything. I know the basics about Windows driver development, but I don't know where to start with a virtual GPU DX11 driver (no DX11 driver source anywhere to find). I guess Microsoft didn't release the DX11 WARP source somewhere?

14. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    Battlefield 4 keep crashing randomly with these drivers (black screen of death, hardlock). I lowered clocks, Clean install etc...no luck. With 15.10Beta, no problems.

15. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Eyefinity and freesync issues

Hello, im back in team red and ive suddenly realised why i jumped to team green.

Heres my problem:

Eyefinity running freesync i get black screen lockups.
    Unresponsive desktop (hard boot required)

If i disable eyefinity my problem goes away?

Screens: 3 x Aoc g2460vq6
    Gpu: Asus r9 390x strix

Games

Iracing (on exit driver locks up)
    Bf4 (mantle and dx11 lock up on exit)

Benchmarks: heaven - crash after 10 min

Tried win 7 and 10. Same ****.

Now. If i disable eyefinity and run 1 screen all issues disapear?

My factory overclock has not been messed with.

Any ideas?

I have all software installed from driver.

Dont want to go back to my gtx980 as i want to use my freesync.

Why is eyefinity causing so much hassle? Ive had 7970s 6990s and 5760s in crossfire in the past and eyefi ity has been rock solid.

Any help.

16. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    BSOD in thief benchmark in mantle api (i didn't check dx11), can anyone else confirm? With vulkan beta driver benchmark ends successfully without bsod.

Reported the problem to amd anyway.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  17. Asier

Asier Guest

No problems here with 270x and mantle in thief (game+bechmark)

18. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    mantle + 380 cards have known issues. Stated by AMDMatt @ AMD's official forums.
    He recommends reverting back to 15.11.1 beta if you are having crash/black screen etc.

19. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    I'm back to black screens on reboots with 16.4.2..
    I'm getting really sick of this .

20. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    So i was getting some weird micro stutters with GTA-5 with those latest vulkan beta drivers. Decided to try these and bam smooth as butter again. Also, i haven't got any of those radeon app crashes like i would sometimes get with 16.4.1. Firefox and flash, no problems anymore either (those haunted me for quite a while).

I think these are my best driver yet on windows 10 for my old 7850.