AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.4.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Apr 25, 2016.

1. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    I dont have those, but yes I know these are problem childs.

2. emsir

emsir Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I haven't seen any flickering and stuttering at all (DX11 and 12) with 16.4.2 or any previous Crimson drivers. You clearly have a problem with your hardware and/or Windows.

3. emsir

emsir Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    No! Nothing like this in my systems. Have 8 Windows 10 computers and 2 of them just installed Windows 10 x64 pro today and installed 16.4.2 just fine.

4. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Have you tried second release of 16.4.2 ? I see quite a difference in this title with updated 16.4.2.

5. DarkShinobu

DarkShinobu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380x G1
    Ill give it a new shot, i went back to 16.4.1 and i was having the same dx12 issue in RoTTR, dx11 was fine, btw, it only happens on that game, all other games work fine, i even verify the game on steam but it was the same.

So, ill try 16.4.2 again, if not i think ill go back to 16.3.2

6. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Switching back to 16.4.1 fixed ROTTR dx12 stuttering for me.

7. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Is it okay if I cry after I try all the settings and profiles? Haha :infinity:

Still have the same problem with these drivers with the black screen and no signal from some games. Just installed Aliens Colonial Marines with the Templar GFX mod (which is amazing btw, makes the game good, thanks gamers for fixing this game lol), and add that game to another one that I cant even load a save game without it giving no signal. Works perfect with one card. If I use AFR for the game, half the time it will come back from the no signal with a friendly your video drivers have crashed and have recovered message.
    I also recently installed the trial for Black Desert Online and it works perfect with xfire.

Its just so weird how so many games give me a black screen with no signal and so many games just work fine. Not sure what to try anymore.

Had a weird glitch with these drivers with hdmi audio as well. Went to play a game to have no sound and when I went into the audio control panel and it notified me that my audio device was encountering a problem and wanted to turn off driver enhancements (which were never turned on in the first place). Restarting the computer fixed it, but odd none the less.

8. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -

hehe yes it is ok. but after crying, test all ingame settings too ;-) haha

and while many people jump on me and get madcrazy when i post this, but i will post it again.
    for dx11 games windows 7 is the solution to many problems (especially the "driver has stopped working" etc)
    so you wanna try a quick switch to dualboot windows 7 if you can. shouldnt be that complicated.
    also many people dont know that you can install your windows 7 with the key you converted. because its not converted from 7 to 10 exclusively. rather than its a 7 key which is now a hybrid key.

9. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I have spent so much time testing haha. Good thing I love to tinker with this stuff. But I am going a little crazy...

Perhaps I will try a Windows 7 dual boot.

Side note, I did just find this:
    https://community.amd.com/thread/199631

They are aware of this exact problem with r9 380 gpus. Good times.

10. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Not sure what you mean about "ALSO IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW, you have to manually set your refresh rate to 60hz(forhigherhzmonitorz) if you want Dark Souls 3 to be playable without horrible flickering. If you are using resolution downscaling via Gedosato you also need to have 60hz set. That is impossible to do without CCC and AMD are coming up short again on the driver side. "

1.) I am at 120hz, and run Darksouls 3 just fine.
    2.) I can change my monitor refresh rate without CCC, just fine.

11. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Do you not own R6: Siege or The division?

12. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    dont own both.
    but i can speak for siege as i played it on a crossfire r7 260x system at a friends where it worked flawlessly.

concerning the division.
    i mean, you can just enter "the division crossfire" in youtube and you will find 50% of the videos where users complain about flicker and then 50% where it runs just fine. which leads to the conclusion that half of the people dont have it properly configured.
    because when there is even only ONE person who gets it running then thats enough to show that it works...
    but as i said you will find enough videos on youtube that show working cfx with those two games.

don't give up optimizing your configuration if it doesnt work at your place.
    because if another guy got it running then you can do it as well.

13. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Not trying to be contrary, but CFX has been completely disabled by UBI since the beta in Siege. There is no way possible to have it running, including your friend, without the compiling a new version of siege. Not a single person anywhere has CFX running in Siege. It doesn't matter what you do, you cannot get more than one card to work.

The division flicker is gone, but there isn't a single person that has experienced an actual FPS gain from using it. Those who don't have massive stuttering are experiencing negative scaling. In no cases, is anyone experiencing an FPS increase. Searching youtube shows this to be true. There might be a mexican guy who is running at 1080p with 2 furys who has it working, though. hard to tell, I don't speak spanish, it looks like he is having some blurring an stuttering to me though..

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=EgIIBA%3D%3D&q=the+division+crossfire

Also not seeing anyone who has it working with positive scaling on OCN, R3D, [H]forum, or here.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  14. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    maybe it didnt utilize the 2nd card, i cant swear to that.
    but the game ran like super smooth on ~80FPS with 2x 260x so i thought it uses both cards.
    if you say it is force disabled... well it may be... i dont know standard framerates for siege on those cards.

15. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    With settings on max or any other setting it defaults to rendering internally at half resolution (essentially a checkerboard pattern), and then upscaling to native resolution with some AA. So, yeah it runs pretty well until you turn that off, since at 1080p it is rendering at 540p.... Which is why you see people asking why their framerate gets chopped in half when they turn off AA.

If anyone had it working, you'd think in the 8 page please fix CFX thread, at least someone would have posted saying, " hey guys it works for me". because lets face it, CFX cannot work for 99.999999% of people and there is always one guy who says its fine, not in this case though.

No one has posted that yet though, and any mention of it to AMD or UBI is met with crickets. Despite UBI promising prior to release that it would work with CFX.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1343008-Crossfire-Simply-Not-Working/page8

Last edited: May 1, 2016

16. DarkShinobu

DarkShinobu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380x G1
    I already beat the game just to mention it but i use it to check drivers, in both dx11 and 12, also, i sorta fixed the stuttering in my end.

I use high present as default for graphics, at 1080p, so the stutter gets removed if i go to the graphics presets and load all till i reach to the High preset, so in my case, when the game loads the low textures and then the High textures the stutter gets removed completely...

17. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    I'm at 181hz which isn't a multiple of 60hz and 144hz isn't either so I guess that might be why, changing resolution via windows display makes you go through two menus and I think crimson should have an option to manage hz rate and displays like ccc can. I don't get flickering when I'm set to 60hz and I only found out about that via a reddit thread, turns out I'm not the only one with that problem and the solution works. REGARDLESS, this latest driver has bugs for r9 290 alt-tabbing is worse and fps is worse. I'm curious, how's the scaling with your 3 amd gpus?

18. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Interesting solution. I may try this, if next driver will have the same issue at my end.

19. Shadow_Death

Shadow_Death Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290x Gaming 4G
    These drivers pretty much shot down any control over the fan for me. MSI Afterburner to control the fans at all unless I manually set it to a higher number. Even custom profiles didn't work for me. :/

20. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Did you uninstall Afterburner before updating your drivers?
    Did you use DDU before installing 16.4.2?

I don't have any issues with custom fan profiles. I use TRIXX, though.